Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 40927 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #45
If it gives us bragging rights against the bombers, its a good year.

I'm glad you think 2012 was a good year.

Let's see what our return bout in R20 brings.

Reply #46
A bigger F-wit than BT you will not find. Absolutely sh1thouse call.

Yep, time the blithering fool was retired.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
All the young guys got stuck in today, plenty to like and look forward to with that win.

Pickett made a couple of costly errors though,  dropped mark (possibly due to footsteps) and missed the pick up which would have resulted in a goal/ shot on goals.

Well done blues.

Reply #48
Andrew McGrath will be a fantastic player.

But if last year's draft were held today and I had to choose between McGrath and SPS, I know who I'd be picking...

Reply #49
Yes!!!!!! What a day super happy

Some great performances in tough conditions

Nothing sweater than beating the bombers

And a long time coming hearing our song

Go the blues

Reply #50
Ed is but a tradesman but did an immense amount of heavy work inside today.

Pickett shows glimpses but looks like a player who hasnt played a lot of footy.

A few blokes at cheats FC overrated, past it or been a bit pumped up by the media.

IMO we got a better than normal run with the umps in the end.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
Only watched the last quarter but was totally in raptures with Docherty's desperation & will to win.

Also liked the way the players are sticking up for each other when needed plus how much they have bonded together. They were all smiles and hugging after the siren which is an important factor for the future.

A close-knit group will win games they are not expected to in the future !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #52
Gotta give Gibbs a mention, one of the best games I've seen from him, 35 possessions and 9 tackles, I'll take that from a midfielder any day, thought he was tireless and influential

Reply #53
What a great win under very trying conditions!!

I think that it would be grossly unfair to single out players who may have appeared to be under par because they all worked their butts off.

I do have one criticism though; flat punts are easier to execute than drop punts on days like today.

Among the many positives were Williamson's debut (not bad for pick 61), Docherty starting to get back to last year's form and, with the the rest of the defence, starving the Essendon forwards of opportunities.  White, in particular, revelled in the conditions. Of course, the midfield played a big part in our defensive effort and Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps, Curnow, Kreuzer, Wright and others deserve recognition ... as does everyone who took the field today.

Go Blues!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
Ed is but a tradesman but did an immense amount of heavy work inside today.

Pickett shows glimpses but looks like a player who hasnt played a lot of footy.

A few blokes at cheats FC overrated, past it or been a bit pumped up by the media.

IMO we got a better than normal run with the umps in the end.

What have you got against trademen?

Without tradesmen the world would crumble.
Same with the footy side.
We have a few like that in the side that people seem to constantly point fingers at.
Curnow, White....even Rowe in the past.

Reply #55
Only watched the last quarter but was totally in raptures with Docherty's desperation & will to win.

Docherty goes at it just the same if you're 10 goals down or 10 goals up, he's something special.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #56
Yep, if I had first pick I wouldn't taken MacGrath, thought he was bullied off the ball and he struggled with the intensity....long time since we did that to one of theirs.  SPS has much better touch and game sense.

Reply #57
Tom Wlliamson's fisrt half was something to get excited about, Macreadie keeps looking like he can play, and SPS could well end up being very special

Reply #58
I don't have a problem with tradies (I'm Labouring ATM), just flogs in utes flouting the road rules who claim to be builders when all they do it stick pre-made trusses together with plates.

Couldn't cut a line without a drop saw and would still #$#! it up.

Reply #59
Tom Wlliamson's first half was something to get excited about, Macreadie keeps looking like he can play, and SPS could well end up being very special

7 blokes under 21, 5 of them teenagers.