Skip to main content
Topic: BB Code (Read 12981 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: BB Code

Reply #15
Embedding of images and videos has been possible on many different forums for a long time.  I never really understood why, but given the limited resources CSC have to get the maintenance it requires, Ive been happy enough to just let it go.

Would be happy to see it if possible, but kudos to those who run this place and keep it going irrespective of what happens from here.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
I'm an ignoramus when it comes to the technical side of this stuff...It's always "Give Spanner an e-mail" if we strike trouble...so how is what's being suggested different to being able to embed images and videos as we already do.

If I want to put an image or youtube video into a post we already have that capability.

Is it the fact that it enables us to put some of these up a bit quicker (without having to wait for them to appear on youtube etc) and from a wider range of sources?

Reply #17
I'm an ignoramus when it comes to the technical side of this stuff...

I thought this thread was going to be about deciphering Bolton's catchphrases  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
I thought this thread was going to be about deciphering Bolton's catchphrases  ::)

Or his connections with Opus Dei? :)

Or more appropriately in his case Optus Dei.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
I'm an ignoramus when it comes to the technical side of this stuff...It's always "Give Spanner an e-mail" if we strike trouble...so how is what's being suggested different to being able to embed images and videos as we already do.

If I want to put an image or youtube video into a post we already have that capability.

Is it the fact that it enables us to put some of these up a bit quicker (without having to wait for them to appear on youtube etc) and from a wider range of sources?

It would be good if we could embed Twitter posts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!