Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues 2019 (Read 3734 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues 2019

Josh Fraser sets up for the 2019 season:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-02-20/fraser-optimistic-about-vfl-fortunes

So many variables impact on our VFL fortunes but we could be in for a good season.  If I can get a leave pass, I wouldn't mind getting along to next week's VFL/AFL-JLT double header.

Fraser impresses me.  I can see him progressing to a senior coaching role.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Northern Blues 2019

Reply #1
Fraser impresses me.  I can see him progressing to a senior coaching role.

Having him and Teague about should have a significant impact on player development. Listening to Fraser at VFL intervals he strikes me as perhaps the best VFL coach we've had for a long time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
He does speak very well indeed, surprisingly so.

Perhaps these blokes get public speaking training?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3
He does speak very well indeed, surprisingly so.

Perhaps these blokes get public speaking training?

I'm sure that's part of their professional development.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
They do media training from the moment they're drafted.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
They do media training from the moment they're drafted.

You can track the improvement from their first nervous interview through to polished performances in their second and third years.

There’s a huge difference between the public speaking ability of AFL players and coaches and their NRL counterparts.

Reply #6
Having him and Teague about should have a significant impact on player development. Listening to Fraser at VFL intervals he strikes me as perhaps the best VFL coach we've had for a long time.

Since Teague......
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7
It seems that the NBs have rookied Oskar Minton.  I wasn’t aware that VFL teams had rookies but, if true, good luck to Oskar.

Reply #8
Keiran Collins has a big chance to step up and become a senior player if he can take the next step.....we need another KP backman IMO and one who
has some muscle and can handle stronger forwards.
Sam Fisher is the other who if he can continue his form from last season also has a chance to get a senior chance....
Still have that one spot left to fill at the mid season draft if the club decide to go that way so the above two should be aiming to have a real crack in the 1st half of the season...

Reply #9
Keiran Collins has a big chance to step up and become a senior player if he can take the next step.....

I wonder if KC is working with Crippa's sprint coach?

Fwiw, I think I'd have our entire list working with Crippa's sprint coach! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
Keiran Collins has a big chance to step up and become a senior player if he can take the next step.....we need another KP backman IMO and one who
has some muscle and can handle stronger forwards.
Sam Fisher is the other who if he can continue his form from last season also has a chance to get a senior chance....
Still have that one spot left to fill at the mid season draft if the club decide to go that way so the above two should be aiming to have a real crack in the 1st half of the season...

Jesse Palmer is the 3rd.  Has been exposed to AFL before, and playing under Toss Lyon wouldnt have been fun.

He seems to go well at VFL level, and if we needed someone to play small pressure forward, it makes no sense why we went for Gibbons when we had both Palmer, and Fisher under our noses who are simply forwards we are turning into midfielders, rather than the other way around.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Jesse Palmer is the 3rd.  Has been exposed to AFL before, and playing under Toss Lyon wouldnt have been fun.

He seems to go well at VFL level, and if we needed someone to play small pressure forward, it makes no sense why we went for Gibbons when we had both Palmer, and Fisher under our noses who are simply forwards we are turning into midfielders, rather than the other way around.

I thought Palmer came from Port?.....
I was surprised Fisher didnt get a spot ahead of Cottrell.......the latter is more of a negative player and Fisher is a good kick and can find the ball/goals.

Reply #12
It seems that the NBs have rookied Oskar Minton.  I wasn’t aware that VFL teams had rookies but, if true, good luck to Oskar.

Wow, I hope that is true. Be great to see the young bloke in action (I assume you mean Oskar Manton). I actually nursed the young fella when he was a few months old. Amazed that you can rookie a nine year old, because I'm sure it was only eight or nine years ago that I nursed the little fella... **cough, splutter**
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
I thought Palmer came from Port?.....
I was surprised Fisher didnt get a spot ahead of Cottrell.......the latter is more of a negative player and Fisher is a good kick and can find the ball/goals.

Right you are.  I was confused.  Cam o shea warns against palmer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson