Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton. (Read 14203 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton.

Reply #240
Except he spent most of the afternoon with Cripps a couple of days back! :o
His team mates will have more to worry about I'd say.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #242
Rested......

I'm not sure that spending a lot of time on the throne is restful EB  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #243
Agree with most of the sentiments on here. Charlie and Marchbank are just a bonus if they get fit and find some form....but we need to rely on the others. I still think we can find room for Levi, Pitto and TDK in the same team....Levi as CHF and Pitto/TDK sharing the ruck duties...and might just depend a bit on the teams we're playing as to match ups. With the likes of Murphy, Fisher, Gibbons, Fogarty etc as small forwards, Cunningham will get squeezed out unless he shows some exceptional form in the VFL and can stay fit. Similary, SPS will need to go up a few gears to hold his spot with Saad and Williams into our best 22.

Reply #244
That will give us leg up, he is very important to them.

His leadership is important to them... about evens it up re talent missing for the game. No excuses.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #245
Thanks for the link

Lyon far too often talks in clipped, idiosyncratic speech patterns IMO, and there are many times when it's hard to figure out the points he's trying to make. The best I could figure out is as follows :

1. Cripps might have to follow Cotchin's example and play a kick behind the ball, because he's not a great runner ?
2. Our defenders are same same and SPS is too soft, or maybe they're all soft, and shows a graph comparing years in the system between our defenders and the Tigers ? says we should not worry about system and become hard nuts like the 2000 Essendon defenders.
3. And the obligatory point about too many 5 goals lapses under Teague.

Hard to argue with anything Lyon said. Our backline is good, very good, but still needs to take that next step to 'hardness'.

They had that chat before Cotchin was ruled out. Tiggers have won well without Cotchin in the past... however, with his leadership and general footy smarts missing it does even things up, somewhat.

Ross summarily dismissing any chance for us to win, surprised me a bit... not even a thought, just 'no chance'. Mmmm....
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #246
Hard to argue with anything Lyon said. Our backline is good, very good, but still needs to take that next step to 'hardness'.

They had that chat before Cotchin was ruled out. Tiggers have won well without Cotchin in the past... however, with his leadership and general footy smarts missing it does even things up, somewhat.

Ross summarily dismissing any chance for us to win, surprised me a bit... not even a thought, just 'no chance'. Mmmm....

Not just Ross, the entire panel, as well as most on here.

Reply #247
He also didn't rule out coaching Carlton if the opportunity arose

Reply #248
23rd men

Tigers. - Jack Ross
Carlton - Oscar McDonald. - Nailed it!

TBH, i think this sub rule would be ideal for us in this instance. Pick Omac as the guy if we dont want to pick him in the 22.
Our side will be smaller than normal anyway, and thus be easier to cover a small injury.
We get our tall insurance with him as the 23rd player.

Reply #249
Similary, SPS will need to go up a few gears to hold his spot with Saad and Williams into our best 22.
Up a few gears? He needs to start the car, back out the driveway, drive down the street, get on the freeway and get into 5th (IMO he only has two gears, Slow and Stop)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #250
Fox showing the unfurling of the flags. If I was Teague, I would have gathered all the players, dragged them out there and made them watch it. If that doesn't inspire you, nothing will.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #251
Fox showing the unfurling of the flags. If I was Teague, I would have gathered all the players, dragged them out there and made them watch it. If that doesn't inspire you, nothing will.
Nothing will then!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #252
As discussed before, i don't think its through lack of want, i think its lack of ability by comparison. My dog aint flying no matter how inspired he is.

Reply #253
They reckon Cripps has gone into the rooms and they don't know why, back out there now
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th