Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2019 List Changes (Read 18860 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2019 List Changes

Reply #60
I read recently that Collingwood WILL have to trade for Davey, and WE have to be reasonably compensated or it won't happen.
Maddy Prespakis does have a sister coming through. How good she is, that I don't know. However, I have noted that she has been in the top 3 placegetters when I looked up the NAB League Girls results.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #61
I read recently that Collingwood WILL have to trade for Davey, and WE have to be reasonably compensated or it won't happen.
Maddy Prespakis does have a sister coming through. How good she is, that I don't know. However, I have noted that she has been in the top 3 placegetters when I looked up the NAB League Girls results.
Yes, they will have to trade for her because collingwood are not an expansion side. Expansion sides could get her without a trade.

BUT....if Davey doesn't sign a contract with us, she is free to enter the draft (as i understand it) and who has pick 1? Magpies.

Reply #62
I think the last player to try that on was Jake Edwards, and we all know how that happened!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
I think the last player to try that on was Jake Edwards, and we all know how that happened!

I'd be backing Davey in to find another suitor without too much of a worry. ;)

Reply #64
I read somewhere that it is unlikely Collingwood will retain pick 1, as they will give some very early picks to the expansion clubs to make sure they get the pick of the best juniors, it depends on how well they are able to poach players. From memory last year Geelong was given picks 1 and 2?

Reply #65
I read somewhere that it is unlikely Collingwood will retain pick 1, as they will give some very early picks to the expansion clubs to make sure they get the pick of the best juniors, it depends on how well they are able to poach players. From memory last year Geelong was given picks 1 and 2?

Yeah, that is another possibility. How they award the picks depends on how well they have recruited thus far.

You are right, Geelong did get 1+2, whereas North got nothing because they got in so much high end talent from other clubs.

That being said, teams can only pick from their 'zones' which is basically their own state. So of the 4 expansion teams, only 2 (Tigers and Saints) would likely be able to get a pick before Collingwood that would matter.....and i reckon Tigers have recruited pretty well, so might be the saints with pick 1.....which might suit Davey as she played for the St. Kilda Sharks previously i believe.

Reply #66
Just quietly, what are we waiting for with our signing announcements?

I managed to sneak that info days ago expecting an announcement the same day
*tumbleweeds*

It was first reported a week ago that an announcement was imminent.

*shrugs*

Reply #67
Daisy Pearce to make a decision?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Crickets it seems, trade signing period done and dusted and despite Davey being the hot topic we've nothing yet to report. It's a bit odd!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
....and finally the club has come to the table and released the names i gave you all a week ago. ;)

But, its given us contract length as well...
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-24/blues-re-sign-21-players
Carlton Football Club re-signings on April 24, 2019

Gabriella Pound – 2 Years

Darcy Vescio – 2 Years

Kerryn Harrington – 2 Year

Nicola Stevens – 2 Years

Tayla Harris – 2 Years

Maddie Prespakis – 2 Years

Jess Hosking – 2 Years

Georgia Gee – 2 Years

Abbie McKay – 2 Years

Chloe Dalton – 1 Year

Brooke Walker – 1 Year

Katie Loynes – 1 Year

Sarah Hosking. – 1 Year

Breann Moody – 1 Year

Alison Downie – 1 Year

Jayde Van Dyk – 1 Year

Lauren Brazzale – 1 Year

Natalie Plane – 1 Year

Jess Edwards – 1 Year

Charlotte Wilson – 1 Year

Emerson Wood – 1 Year

Couple of things....
1. Why is Jess Hosking 2 years, but Sarah only 1? Sarah is the better player, in the leadership group, hasn't had the injuries her sister has. It doesn't make sense to me.

2. Great effort signing up our best talent to 2 years. The Sarah Hosking anomaly aside, i'd say our best 7 players (and a couple others) are locked away for 2 years. With the obvious exception of our turncoat captain.

Reply #70
Also worth noting from that video, that we are only allowed to sign 22 players, we are forced to have 8 list changes.
Given that we have signed 21, are we leaving the door open for Davey to come back and be our final signing?

Reply #71
Also worth noting from that video, that we are only allowed to sign 22 players, we are forced to have 8 list changes.
Given that we have signed 21, are we leaving the door open for Davey to come back and be our final signing?

As Bri still features prominently on our website, I suspect that the door is wide open.

Strange about the Hosking twins ... and I would have Chloe Dalton and Brooke Walker on two year deals.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #72
As Bri still features prominently on our website, I suspect that the door is wide open.

Strange about the Hosking twins ... and I would have Chloe Dalton and Brooke Walker on two year deals.

Re hoskings.

Perhaps its measured.  Weve offered the more injury prone one a two year contract which gives her security which fosters a likelihood her sister will stay even though shes only got one?

Or perhaps we'll reverse this trend afterwards and offer them both enough security?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #73

Me too.
Fit, skilled, and tough.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #74
Looks like Lucas Rios’s is following her gf out the door