Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast (Read 6156 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #60
Team's in:

In: Setterfield
Out: Williams (inj)

McDonald is out injured too so he won't be the sub.

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #61
Stuey Dew fit or fat? He tipped the scales at around 120 kegs on GF day 2008 (and he had leaned down). Fit enough for short damaging bursts but was far from an endurance beast.

And damaging he was in a short burst in the 2008 GF. That 5 minutes won the game.

Reply #62
Team's in:

Astonished that an out of form Casboult keeps his spot... so much for the claims from the club that spots have to be 'earned'.  ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #63
Team's in:

Saad must be doubtful too....was very confident but if Saad misses its going to be a lot tougher.
I'll go Williamson in for Saad...

Reply #64
Astonished that an out of form Casboult keeps his spot... so much for the claims from the club that spots have to be 'earned'.  ::)
We've no rucks @Baggers , and Levi started to turn things around last week, all be it against a weak opponent.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #65
I went to open training this afternoon and Saad looked proppy, Kennedy and Williamson travelled.

Reply #66
You watch this weekend if Pittonet isn't on his A+-Game hitting it down our blokes throats, the GC will turn the small mobile ruck gig into a match winner, they'll run and spread in a way we can compete with, and once they've got any head start advantage at all there will be no stopping them from 5m behind!

We need Pittonet to be seriously dominant.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
I went to open training this afternoon and Saad looked proppy, Kennedy and Williamson travelled.

Bummer. Not confident if Williams and Saad both out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68
We've no rucks @Baggers , and Levi started to turn things around last week, all be it against a weak opponent.

What do you mean LP? We could play Gov as a ruck/forward  ;)

I don't think Casboult has been anywhere near as bad as some folk seem to think.  He must be doing what the coach wants and I thought he was OK against Fremantle. Unless he puts in an absolute shocker, I reckon he will be in the 22 at least until De Koning is challenging for a spot.

How did McDonald get injured?  I know that he played in the VFL game but wasn't called on as the sub.  Injured at training or injured sub?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #69
Agree, Need to keep Levi in to make it tough for GC to match our talls, dont want Harry double teamed by Collins/Ballard and we need to give Pittonet decent support not end up with a makeshift ruck for parts of the game.

Reply #70
You watch this weekend if Pittonet isn't on his A+-Game hitting it down our blokes throats, the GC will turn the small mobile ruck gig into a match winner, they'll run and spread in a way we can compete with, and once they've got any head start advantage at all there will be no stopping them from 5m behind!

We need Pittonet to be seriously dominant.

When you know someone is going to dominate the ruck the side often loses the clearances as it's so predictable as to who will win the tap out. Happened to Sandilands all the time.

Reply #71
What do you mean LP? We could play Gov as a ruck/forward  ;)
He did that as a kid at the Crows, and was successful as a small ruck option, he has the leap and the reach with Inspector Gadget arms, but that stuff works only when a player is in strong form and confident and healthy.

But the rules were different then, I'm not sure a small ruck can be successful now.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
The pic I saw of McGov in the practice game last week he’s certainly lean
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #73
Agree, Need to keep Levi in to make it tough for GC to match our talls, dont want Harry double teamed by Collins/Ballard and we need to give Pittonet decent support not end up with a makeshift ruck for parts of the game.
Perhaps best to give Meat a chop-out from criticism just now. He was barely able to walk after the Richmond game and is under duress clearly since but fronts up every time. How that affects his hands mystifies me but likely a confidence thing. He hurts and bleeds for us. Nuf said.

Reply #74
Maybe they meant earned based on tenure ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time