Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast (Read 6148 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #45
I wouldnt worry about stats to make a call on Dow.  Its about whether or not he is showing the aptituted and combatitive attitude to get out there and compete.

we often moan about our players and thier lack of ability to learn.  They wont learn bouncing between firsts and seconds.  Only change Id consider for this one, is Levi out macdonald in and even then i think we should twice about it, because Levi has started ironing blokes out and we dont have many that have the size to do that.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 4: Carlton vs Gold Coast on the Gold Coast

Reply #46
Yet we chopped LOB who had similar numbers....

Surely you reward the guys in the 2s who are playing consistently well?

11 disposals, 3 tackles, 33 AFL fantasy points.....

We don't need to carry guys in the 1s who aren't performing. He should earn a spot like everyone else.

3 games and he appears to be going backwards.

A big difference between LOB and Dow is that Dow was having a red hot go, ie, threw his body into contests and needs a little more time to get used to that. LOB, from what I could see, failed to really impose himself into contests.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #47
A big difference between LOB and Dow is that Dow was having a red hot go, ie, threw his body into contests and needs a little more time to get used to that. LOB, from what I could see, failed to really impose himself into contests.
And that is exactly what the coaches have been trying to drum into him for years and it just won't sink in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
Saad in doubt for this weekend!!

Reply #50
Saad in doubt for this weekend!!
He got a knock late in the game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #51
Hopefully he gets up....probably a good match up for Rankine? If not, then time for Stocker to get another crack at it IMO.

Reply #52
I doubt Saad will play. Looked to be hobbling at training jogging laps.

Reply #53
I doubt Saad will play. Looked to be hobbling at training jogging laps.
Bad news for us, but hopefully it will give an opportunity to someone who grabs it and runs with it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
FFS injury management at our club is a joke! Williams, Saad, Newman, Marchbank, Fischer, Martin, Cunningham, Curnow, DeKoning, Kemp, Carrol and I'm sure I am missing some. This has been the case for years, why do we have so many injuries and an ongoing basis. Not many form the above list would miss our best 22, we just cant expect to win if we cannot get close to our best team on the park.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #55
FFS injury management at our club is a joke! 
 No club can "manage" collision injuries.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
I don't think we managed Curnow's injury at all well.

Did no favours to Gov either

Reply #57
I don't think we managed Curnow's injury at all well.

Did no favours to Gov either
McGovern, all the talent in the world, ...........  just not fit!

btw., on McGovern, fitness is not always about being lean, I think often too many fans associate some fatness with unfitness, although lean and fit often go hand in hand you can still be fit and bulky, Dew, Diesel, Ricciuto and Swan are prime examples. I doubt McGovern will ever be lean fit, and trying to make him lean fit might just do him harm!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58

btw., on McGovern, fitness is not always about being lean, I think often too many fans associate some fatness with unfitness, although lean and fit often go hand in hand you can still be fit and bulky, Dew, Diesel, Ricciuto and Swan are prime examples. I doubt McGovern will ever be lean fit, and trying to make him lean fit might just do him harm!

Stuey Dew fit or fat? He tipped the scales at around 120 kegs on GF day 2008 (and he had leaned down). Fit enough for short damaging burts but was far from an endurance beast.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59

Swan was under rated fitness wise, did weights with Tarrant and was the best  keg for keg lifter at the club and that includes Tarrant and Leigh Brown who could really lift. The Buddha belly was a comical theme with Swan but as opponents will tell you he ran all day and was hard to keep with....his ungainly running style and off field lifestyle created a poor image but winning a brownlow as a elusive mid takes a level of fitness.