Skip to main content
Topic: List Changes 2018 (Read 80835 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: List Changes

Reply #15
no LeBois too?

Probably the most surprising part of this announcement. Well done to the lad if he has done enough to keep himself on the books, he will be exciting to watch if/when he ever makes it into the seniors...
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #16
Well, that's wiping out alot of crape in one swoop. Room for McGovern and Fasolo. Hope the latter can stay on the ground as he can play.

Reply #17
Wonder if Mullett was stunned by the news ?

Thought I'd take my last chance while I still had it.

Ah, there's the exit.............
I was sure Matt Shaw would surely be delisted..to be Shaw.......tried to work OShea in but couldnt.... :-X

Reply #20
All the best to Matt, Cam, Jesse, Aaron, and ASOS.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #23
I always like to see anyone who wears the Navy Blue make a success of it. I'm sure those blokes trained as hard as anyone, and give it their best shot. It's a pretty cruel industry I think. Best of luck to all 4.
Well played Pauly.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Tell me more?

Someone who knows nothing about psychology on any level, takes on a protege, who then gets physically and verbally abused for 2 years ? And this makes them a better person ?

Lord help us.

Reply #27
Someone who knows nothing about psychology on any level, takes on a protege who is clearly as sweet as pie, who then gets physically and verbally abused for 2 years ? And this makes them a better person ?

Lord help us.

oh, ok.

It's old school, but clearly worked for Manton....

I know a lot of psychs and they're scary f...ers, personally and professionally.

Almost en masse, so I'm dubious about your argument to be honest.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #28
oh, ok.

It's old school, but clearly worked for Manton....

I know a lot of psychs and they're scary f...ers, personally and professionally.

Almost en masse, so I'm dubious about your argument to be honest.

Firstly, this story is not inspirational. Secondly, there's too much information and detail missing. Whilst it may have worked for Manton, placing yourself in such a position does not on the surface seem like a very smart idea. Psychologists and Psychiatrists may be scary, but they do at least have some kind of training, and are expected to uphold certain standards and a certain level of accountability to the wider community, in addition to their professional organization.

I just think we need to be extremely careful when dealing with the mind, and most especially when you put yourself in the hands of someone who has no training whatsoever. We don't have much of the story to go with. I find it hard to believe such behaviour could be sustained for 2 years.

If my son came home with a phone number of some random guy who put his hand on his shoulder and said "meet me in the park - I can make you a better person and a better player." I mean, seriously ?

Reply #29
And I apologise for what I said about Manton before - completely wrong, and completely out of order on my part. Heat of the moment nonsense.