Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 Australian Open  (Read 62659 times) previous topic - next topic

2014 Australian Open

Righto, enough of three slips and a gully leg spin knee stump wicket blah blah blah crap. 

It's time for the Australian Open.  :))

The Aussies have had a tough opening draw....from memory Bernie Tomic has Rafa in the first round. Ash Barty has Serena Williams. 

Difficult to say this early who is going to win this Grand Slam...but I'm going to stick my neck out and say Nadal will nab this one. 

Discuss.

Re: 2014 Australian Open

Reply #1
Righto, enough of three slips and a gully leg spin knee stump wicket blah blah blah crap. 

The Aussies have had a tough opening draw....from memory Bernie Tomic has Rafa in the first round. Ash Barty has Serena Williams. 

Difficult to say this early who is going to win this Grand Slam...but I'm going to stick my neck out and say Nadal will nab this one. 

Discuss.

Novak D to win this slam and I hope Tomic gets his ar$e kicked all around the court first up by Nadal....

Serena would make a good CHF.... ;)

Reply #2
Mrs Baggers loves the tennis... she even goes to watch it! Foxtel is hers in January.

I'd rather watch metal rust.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3

Discuss.

Novak D to win this slam and I hope Tomic gets his ar$e kicked all around the court first up by Nadal....

Serena would make a good CHF.... ;)

Yep, can't stand Bernard Tomic. Arrogant, spoilt little boy. Jumped ten feet in the air with glee when I heard he had Nadal first up.

Pity about Ash Barty...I think she's a great young player and the future of Australian tennis. 

Perhaps through Nike the Blues can get Serena down to the club for some discussions...  ;D

Reply #4
Mrs Baggers loves the tennis... she even goes to watch it! Foxtel is hers in January.

Look out Baggers. I'm going to the tennis. And Gozza is single. Is watching metal rust really worth it?  ;D

Reply #5

Look out Baggers. I'm going to the tennis. And Gozza is single. Is watching metal rust really worth it?  ;D

:)) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Their is another Aussie who drew Federer in his first game if I recall correctly. Butterworth or something like that.

Novac Djokovic to win as a wish, but its likely Rafael Nadal will win another Aussie Open.

Serena Williams should win the womens, although she could probably win the mens. Just get a hair cut and give it a try. Rename herself Sean Williams.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
Duckworth drew Federer. Not Billy I hope.  ;D

Reply #8
Novac Djokovic to win as a wish, but its likely Rafael Nadal will win another Aussie Open.

The Djoker has  a very cruisey draw relative to the Spaniard...... Nadal's half is littered with real threats.

The Serb has won the last three clashes, my money is on him.

Or Federer playing Edberg style!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Pffft....Tomic a threat to Rafa? The spoilt little brat will probably go running for his mummy at the end of the first set. 

Agree otherwise though.

Reply #10
Im curious, why all the Tomic hate?

Seriously, here is a guy who has really done a lot to change his image of late, and even did his best for Australia during the most recent Davis cup in Perth, yet we have a bit of hate for him.

He is a 21 year old, who made some poor choices early on in his career surrounding being a bit arrogant, wanting to enjoy having a bit of cash and breaching an agreement surrounding a car, and aside from that has done not too much wrong.  Even his most recent bad publicity came on the back of his 21st birthday where he enjoyed himself (I can barely remember my 21st) yet here he stands currently ranked 52 which is not as good as his best, but is still respectable and nothing to scoff at particularly for someone who only turned 21 last year.

Surely its time we let him emerge from the boy that he was and allow him to become the man that he can be?  He sounded very humble and spoke very well after his last match thanking the Perth crowd and talking about the honour of representing Australian Tennis.  Is this once again an issue centred around Ethnics?

Based on the upbringing that I had, anyone who fails to assimilate into "australian" culture is generally regarded as a bit of a tool.  The weird thing is, that this is what makes this country great.  Multiple cultures coexisting in society and all having something to contribute.  The thing is, we did the same thing with Dokic who was generally painted in a poor light by the Aussie media and once again due to an overbearing father, they decided to represent a different culture altogether.  We ended up alienating Dokic to a degree in some way, and I wonder whether or not things might be a bit of history repeating itself.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Because he's an arrogant tool. What's he done exactly to warrant such arrogance? Fark all. Contrast with Ash Barty who has been well grounded and down to earth the whole time. Tomic's a bad sport. Sportsmanship goes a long way in this caper....even the great Pat Rafter had had a run in with him....sh1tty attitude caused him to be dropped from the Davis cup last year.

I've never been a fan of Nadal but credit where its due...has the runs on the board to earn respect from the community and I hope he smashes Spoilt brat in straight sets. 

And don't come that racist crap with me....has nothing to do with it. I used to feel the same way about Hewitt many years ago but he has gained much respect over the years through battling on in an era of tennis greats. The racist card is a cheap way out and if that's at the forefront of anyone's mind when critisizing a sportsman then they need their head read.

Reply #13
Have to agree with Gozza, can't stand Tomic for the life of me. Too many reasons to explain really, but he is just a tool of a kid that has no class. I honestly hope Nadal destroys him.

I am a Federer man until he retires, but Novak is the best now, especially on hardcourts, and should take it out.

Reply #14
Because he's an arrogant tool. What's he done exactly to warrant such arrogance? Fark all. Contrast with Ash Barty who has been well grounded and down to earth the whole time. Tomic's a bad sport. Sportsmanship goes a long way in this caper....even the great Pat Rafter had had a run in with him....sh1tty attitude caused him to be dropped from the Davis cup last year.

I've never been a fan of Nadal but credit where its due...has the runs on the board to earn respect from the community and I hope he smashes Spoilt brat in straight sets. 

And don't come that racist crap with me....has nothing to do with it. I used to feel the same way about Hewitt many years ago but he has gained much respect over the years through battling on in an era of tennis greats. The racist card is a cheap way out and if that's at the forefront of anyone's mind when critisizing a sportsman then they need their head read.

x3.....