Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 Australian Open  (Read 62665 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 Australian Open

Reply #30
Over three and a half hours on a stinker hot day for Lleyton Hewitt. Has come back from 2 sets down and it's still going. 

Come on Hewitt!!!

Reply #31
Seppi had the better of Hewitt all day. Hewitt just couldn't hang on in the end.

The youngest player in the mens, and Aussie, Kokkinakis won and through to the second round.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
Tomic pulls out at the end of the first set, 6-4 Nadal's way. 

Reply #33

Pulls out or wimps out.

I told Mrs Baggers that you would be at the tennis on Friday. She asked me what she should look out for...

I replied...

...your sanity.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34

Did something to his groin in the first few minutes of the match. His game play was pretty good but he just couldn't move properly. Next time.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
@Baggers - 

Look out for a SUPER STUD.  ;D

Did something to his groin in the first few minutes of the match. His game play was pretty good but he just couldn't move properly. Next time.

I heard he also hurt his right hand in the privacy of the locker room.

Reply #36
@Baggers - 

Look out for a SUPER STUD.  ;D  Why would she have hamburger mince out when she can have lobster and ribeye at home ;) :) :) ;D

I heard he also hurt his right hand in the privacy of the locker room. Doing what? Was he looking at a photo of himself whilst incurring this 'right hand' injury >:D

Reply #37

Maybe he was injured, but it seems he has a lot of such injuries!

LP's limited diagnosis, he is suffering from pea heart brought on by being a front running silver-spoon feed wanker!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
He had this look of defeat on his face when he walked onto court.. Head was down. I'm guessing something happened earlier and he knew he wasn't going to last.

Reply #39

LP's limited diagnosis, he is suffering from pea heart brought on by being a front running silver-spoon feed wanker!

Don't beat around the bush, Spotted One. What do you really think of the lad ;D :))

I suspect many folks think the same thing. Personally, I think a few kangas got out of the paddock; some of his marbles have rolled out; if you put him in a round room he'd find a corner to sit in. 8)

Reply #40
He had this look of defeat on his face when he walked onto court.. Head was down. I'm guessing something happened earlier and he knew he wasn't going to last.
Something did happen that led to him knowing he wasn't going to last - he found out he was playing Nadal. 

Reply #41

He realised he wouldn't have the ticker to take on Raf. He should be made to watch Hewitt... in terms of determination.

Then he should get to a pharmacy and overdose on 'humility & reality' pills.

Reply #42
Last year a mate and I went to the tennis....got there and ground passes were sold out. So we went and spent the day in the pub instead.  ;D

Reply #43

Thats mind boggling Gozza.  Federer is a great, Nadal might be considered a great but has a fair way to go, and same with Djokovic who is also on his way to being a great, but Hewitt has played in one of the softest period of all around stars. 

Curious about this. What, in you opinion, makes a player great?  Rafa has won 13 grand slam titles, only Federer and Sampras are ahead of him.

He has a fair way to go? Rightio.

Reply #44

Pathetic. You expect someone to play when injured as he obviously was just for your benefit. What have you ever done in your life where you can bag someone else.

Given  that i  expect y ou too boo every Carlton player  that comes off injured in 2014 and call  them weak otherwise you're a hypocrite.

Australians can be pathetic at times