Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 Australian Open  (Read 64632 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 Australian Open

Reply #92
I must be truly cynical!  ;)

For me Tomic's decision to have elective surgery now is nothing more than a piss weak attempt to regain some sympathy for the poor efforts we have seen so far. A cursory glance at the papers will gain him some sympathy but is it warranted?

I have family members who have suffered hip spurs or growths similar to those Tomic will have removed. Most sports people play through these issues and organise off-season corrections. Most non-sports people live with them without correction and they are not worsened by exercise. This kid Tomic would have had this issue for years, maybe decades, and would have been playing with it as a junior. So for people connected to him to be linking his current injury is in my opinion at best very tenuous!

So I must be cynical, cut this dead weight Tomic loose and bring on the Special Ks!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93

For me Tomic's decision to have elective surgery now is nothing more than a piss weak attempt to regain some sympathy for the poor efforts we have seen so far. A cursory glance at the papers will gain him some sympathy but is it warranted?

I have family members who have suffered hip spurs or growths similar to those Tomic will have removed. Most sports people play through these issues and organise off-season corrections. Most non-sports people live with them without correction and they are not worsened by exercise. This kid Tomic would have had this issue for years, maybe decades, and would have been playing with it as a junior. So for people connected to him to be linking his current injury is in my opinion at best very tenuous!

So I must be cynical, cut this dead weight Tomic loose and bring on the Special Ks!

I don't think this view is cynical. If it is then I'm a cynic as well. Word on the circuit (from a pretty reliable source) I received about 3 days ago was... pea heart. Time will tell. But these Greek boys, if they knuckle down (they like to party a bit!!!), could be anything.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #94

I don't think this view is cynical. If it is then I'm a cynic as well. Word on the circuit (from a pretty reliable source) I received about 3 days ago was... pea heart. Time will tell. But these Greek boys, if they knuckle down (they like to party a bit!!!), could be anything.

So let me guess? You both bagged the sht out of him the other night, are proven to be wrong and perhaps look a little foolish and this is your way of cleaning things up? But of course Tomic cares that much about what people like yourselves think that he would pull himself out of tennis and have surgery he doesn't require just to appease the haters.

Just cop it on the chin like men and move on. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95

BOOM!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
LOL@going into surgery as some cover up.

Think I might head down to the Austin, see if they can slip me in for some knee work after my boss was a dick last week

Reply #97
LOL@going into surgery as some cover up.

Think I might head down to the Austin, see if they can slip me in for some knee work after my boss was a dick last week

Yeap, beacuse that's exactly what elite sport people do, they have surgery just for PR  ::)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #98
So let me guess? You both bagged the sht out of him the other night, are proven to be wrong and perhaps look a little foolish and this is your way of cleaning things up? But of course Tomic cares that much about what people like yourselves think that he would pull himself out of tennis and have surgery he doesn't require just to appease the haters.

It is elective surgery, just in case; Elective (of surgical or medical treatment) chosen by the patient rather than urgently necessary

I don't see anywhere someone posted that he didn't need or want the surgery, PI2C you made that assumption wrongly and incorrectly accused Baggers and myself.

I said it was a condition he had been playing with for years at least and in my opinion the timing is at best lucrative so I remain cynical!

Does he care about us, you bet he does! What the general public think of him determines the price his sponsors are prepared to pay for his name! His name plunged in value faster than the stock market this week, and his PR people know it! I think he needed the surgery now more to save face with sponsors than to improve his game or health!

But as I said, Tomic should be cut loose as a lost cause, no more public money for him. The Special Ks are already showing more than Tomic has offered in total so far!

PS: If you scan through the media you will find a number of true champions of the past raising the same doubts. It is valid to remain a skeptic based on his past!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #99
Fair enough LP that's your opinion.  Does that also apply to a lot of AFL footballers who elect to have surgery during the season, including many Carlton players?

I would have thought that as an elite level even though it is elective the option is usually more forced as they need to compete at a higher level, consistently  
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #100

It's called 'playing the sympathy card'. He's known for it. Soft. You're going to have to live with the fact, Turnips Old Cock, that your pin-up boy is just that, a boy. :)

Reply #101
Hes not my pin up boy it just annoys me so typical of the media to get on his back and Australians to follow suit. We've seen it all before.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
The media and the public got on his back because we could all plainly see that he's a knob.

Reply #103
The media and the public got on his back because we could all plainly see that he's a knob.

If someone like monfils was Australian, he'd get the royal treatment from the media.
Tomic needs an international former slam coach - move away from his dad -and apply himself 100%
kids definitely got talent.
ATM - it looks ominously similar to scud - more slams than grand slams

Reply #104

If someone like monfils was Australian, he'd get the royal treatment from the media.
Tomic needs an international former slam coach - move away from his dad -and apply himself 100%
kids definitely got talent.
ATM - it looks ominously similar to scud - more slams than grand slams

The silly thing is he has far more potential than the Scud. He has the ability to win points from his ground strokes and not rely on his power serve. He just needs to work harder than he has before and stay out of trouble. Start winning more often and appear to be the good guy like Federer and Djokovic and the media will get off his case. So will his fans. He has to decide things need to change first.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.