Skip to main content
Topic: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town (Read 18988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town

Reply #15
It's nice to see our batsmen stand up after their insipid effort in the last test.

Let's hope the rain doesn't prevent a result from this test.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #16
Well done Michael Clarke. One of the greatest Captains knocks of all time!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #17

Reminiscent of the great man, one S Waugh... I reckon a batsman is better judged on his ability to make bad runs rather than good ones.

Reply #18

Reminiscent of the great man, one S Waugh... I reckon a batsman is better judged on his ability to make bad runs rather than good ones.

Absolutely!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19
Raining now and it's said to be continuing for up to two hours.  The Skipper may have to think about a declaration.

We only need to draw to move to #2 in the test rankings so if I was Clarke I'd keep going.
Clarke and Boof tend to always play for the win and that's what they should do here. Bugger playing for the draw when you have close enough to 500. Declare now and send them in.

Reply #20
Declare indeed, should have a bit of juice in the wicket after having the covers on overnight too.

Reply #21
Kudos for Warner for first innings runs and also to Clarke, for digging in and making a tough score instead of a pretty cameo.  The others also contributed, so good effort all round from the top six.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #22
Declare indeed, should have a bit of juice in the wicket after having the covers on overnight too.

Agree....get them straight in and I think the wicket will play a bit quicker with more bounce.
Bit of luck they lost Steyn but we have had our share of injuries over the journey and deserve some luck.

David Warner would be nearly the form batter in the world.....

Be interested to see how Pattinson goes, will probably leak some runs but will get his share of wickets IMO and could be the man to break the Saffies...

Reply #23

Agree....get them straight in and I think the wicket will play a bit quicker with more bounce.
Bit of luck they lost Steyn but we have had our share of injuries over the journey and deserve some luck.

David Warner would be nearly the form batter in the world.....

Be interested to see how Pattinson goes, will probably leak some runs but will get his share of wickets IMO and could be the man to break the Saffies...

God help the rest of the world if we ever get all of our quicks healthy at the same time. Can you imagine Johnson, Pattinson and Cummins all firing at once, would be magnificent to watch.

Reply #24
A very good start at 4 for 120 odd coming to lunch.  Harris is the pick of the bowlers so far.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
If we can just remove de Villiers cheaply we will be very well placed.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #28
Enjoying this.!!

Wish I was there.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #29
God help the rest of the world if we ever get all of our quicks healthy at the same time. Can you imagine Johnson, Pattinson and Cummins all firing at once, would be magnificent to watch.

They are sideshow compared to Harris, Harris and Siddle are the reason we had the luxury to give Johnston one last chance which he took. But they are the rock solid foundation that lets the selectors take risks elsewhere.

You cannot have three scatter guns in one attack, you need some marksmen!
The Force Awakens!