Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547344 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1380
The trash talking starts in U10s modified.  It really gets my goat as it's the same clubs everytime,  it's endemic.   Some kids are so inculcated about winning they just don't give ascrew about sportsmanshp, the game etc.  My daughter recently filled in for my sons team,  who were short.   The rubbish she received was unnecessary,  so much for this supposedly enlightened age.

Two swivel pulls for four and another smoked through extra cover didn't shut them up either.

There's also been a lot of racial stuff too,  and the perpetrators have all been kids of Indian background.   I was abused by a parent for giving their spoilt little prince out.  My kids love the game but there is some real trash out there playing it. If my kids walk away from it it will be for that reason.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1381
Exactly ... briiliant captain, played for the cap, maintained team harmony and never flinched from the tough qiestions posed of him.  Pity he's ruled himself out

Yes he was a brilliant captain but what experience does he have as a board chairman?  I guess he knows his own limitations.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1382
The trash talking starts in U10s modified.  It really gets my goat as it's the same clubs everytime, it's endemic.

I'll stay away from the profiling but I agree about the problem and the tendency for certain clubs to be associated with this type of behavior. But it's clear the problem isn't the kids but the adults supervising them, and it's not restricted to cricket.

One big problem that seems to be endemic in junior sport is that the people we really need running the sport usually tend to step away because they refuse to crawl into the gutter to compete with the extremists who are prepared to stoop to new levels of low to obtain there desires.

btw., Warn your little one not to bite back, she'll end up banned, I've seen it happen before!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1383
Exactly ... briiliant captain, played for the cap, maintained team harmony and never flinched from the tough qiestions posed of him.  Pity he's ruled himself out

Pity Stephen Kernahan didn't when he should have

Reply #1384
I can only talk about what I've seen, but the first three rounds of this season have been eye opening.

I don't see why you need to talk to the opposition on the cricket field other than to say you're coming around the wicket.  I found the silent treatment a better policy.

I've told my kids the best way to beat the on field pricks is to  beat them fair any square, not sink to their level.   Actions,  not words.

Reply #1385
I can only talk about what I've seen, but the first three rounds of this season have been eye opening.

I don't see why you need to talk to the opposition on the cricket field other than to say you're coming around the wicket.  I found the silent treatment a better policy.

I've told my kids the best way to beat the on field pricks is to  beat them fair any square, not sink to their level.   Actions,  not words.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1386
Coulter-Nile, from WA, defending 152, 1 over = 0/16

Thank-fully the team has Langer in command!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1387
To be fair, he was the only one who looked like he knew which end of the bat to hold. Our batting is so bad it doesn't matter who bowls what

Reply #1388
Australian cricket will be in the doldrums for a long time to come.  I reckon boxing day at the MCG will fall well short in terms of attendances

Reply #1389
Attendance will be OK, but support will be 90% for India

Reply #1390
Coulter-Nile, from WA, defending 152, 1 over = 0/16

Thank-fully the team has Langer in command!

I don’t know whether that was down to Langer, the skipper or someone else, but opening the bowling with anyone but our best bowler in those circumstances is tantamount to giving up.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1391
Coulter- Nile is a damn fine bowler....not an opeining bowler (yet) at international level but to use the WA connection is putrid....

Learn the game a bit better before you sprout such BS...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1392
That wicket was poor for one day cricket.....its was lively and Steyn took full advantage early...I thought injury had finished him but that was the old Steyn out there with 2-18...didnt bowl a wide or no ball either. Not sure why we prepared a wicket like that with their pace attack and our fragile batting....

Reply #1393
Take two batsmen from the side and we get nothing but collapses.   We're not a two man side because I know some of these blokes can play but their confidence is totally shot.   Longer needs to work on mental side as much as technique.  Time to harden up.

Reply #1394
I've been cringing for some time now the (mostly Gen Y) commentators using the term "Batters" to describe Batsmen....a term that has been used in cricket for over 150 years.

Apparently though I'm the one who's mistaken !

The level of "Batsmanship" shown by our current players bears very little resemblance to Batsman of past eras, and is more akin to the cross bat slogging shown by baseball "Batters"......In fact even baseball hitters are probably more discerning over their shot selection than the current muppets.......Yay for the Big Bash ! 

Unfortunately there are no 3 strikes & out for our guys.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.