Skip to main content
Topic: Colin Sylvia (Read 23313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Colin Sylvia

Reply #1
I wonder how you could have a fatal accident at that intersection.

Anyway, happen it did and another young life is taken far too early.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
RIP.  Didn't like the player, but that doesn't mean we can't all fee empathy for his family at this difficult time.

Reply #3
I wonder how you could have a fatal accident at that intersection.

Happens on country road intersections all the time.

I think part of the problem is the boredom that comes with driving long distances often makes people less attentive.

Self driving cars in country regions would almost eliminate this type of accident, if only they had a useful range, but for some reason the car industry has tied self-driving to being almost exclusively electric.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Happens on country road intersections all the time.

I think part of the problem is the boredom that comes with driving long distances often makes people less attentive.

Self driving cars in country regions would almost eliminate this type of accident, if only they had a useful range, but for some reason the car industry has tied self-driving to being almost exclusively electric.

The crash happened at the intersection of Benetook Avenue and Nineteenth Street in Irymple LP.  I'm sure that it is a 60kph zone.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
The crash happened at the intersection of Benetook Avenue and Nineteenth Street in Irymple LP.  I'm sure that it is a 60kph zone.

No one does 60kms there.
Vines on all corners.
Alcohol involved apparently

Reply #6
Hopefully the other person is okay.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
x2.  I hope the other party is ok.  High speed collision is what was reported on the news, and that doesn't sound good.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8

I doubt it is 60kph and if it was I doubt anybody local does 60kph there, I'd have thought 80kph is probably the expected limit there but I doubt it is even sign posted. Intersection of two dead straight roads more than a couple of km out of town.

Sadly, it is almost stereo typical of what happens in the bush, the other big question is whether it was an accident although there was no tree involved.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
RIP Colin Sylvia.

Very sad for his family and mates.

Far too young to die.

I remember when we lost Maurie Sankey all those years ago.
It,s always a sad time.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
I feel bad for his family, but this media narrative of him being a 'lovable larrakin with a heart of gold' is sickening. He had a long history of domestic violence charges, stalking and harassing women as well as recent theft and fraud charges. By all accounts he was starting to turn himself around, but I can't stand people who re-write history as soon as someone dies.

Reply #11
Amen to that

Reply #12
I feel bad for his family, but this media narrative of him being a 'lovable larrakin with a heart of gold' is sickening. He had a long history of domestic violence charges, stalking and harassing women as well as recent theft and fraud charges. By all accounts he was starting to turn himself around, but I can't stand people who re-write history as soon as someone dies.

Yep, cue that Chaser song again "Even pr**ks are top blokes when they're dead".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13

I don't know anything about his private life at all, but it's still too young to die.

And I don't like people that jump to conclusions when they don't know the facts!!
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #14

Well said. Be respectful to the the family and friends, yes, and express genuine sorrow, but let's not minimise his crimes ...out of respect to his victims.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17