Skip to main content
Topic: Chopper Read passes away  (Read 14949 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chopper Read passes away

Reply #15
The sad thing about Chopper is that he was born into this world with the rights that any human has. Sexual assault and a dysfunctional family model corrupted him to the extent that even when at deaths door he still has no apparent remorse or understanding of his own condition.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #16
The sad thing about Chopper is that he was born into this world with the rights that any human has. Sexual assault and a dysfunctional family model corrupted him to the extent that even when at deaths door he still has no apparent remorse or understanding of his own condition.

Wow. Mate. Seriously impressive post. Deep insight.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17

Typical of people who have had a hard start in life. They don't bitch and cry about the direction their life took. How they were treated, or why things eventuated the way they did. However they see everyone as being in the same boat, and the fact that all should suck up some concrete and harden up. Life being life, sick being sick, and death just being the end to a beginning. They feel sorry for very few, and no sorrow for how their life started or ended. Its sad that many never get the start most people do, and how they deal with it makes it very strange for most of us to understand. IMO its best to not feel pitty for any and just be glad we had different influences in our lives, and different directions to avoid a life of crime. Life shouldn't be so complicated, but unfortunately it is. I don't know how I ever felt about Chopper. I always struggled to understand his view on anything and in return found his interviews showed a lack of love, or connected emotion most people experience. I couldn't wish this life experience on any. Kids are born with honesty and innocence and then things can just go wrong in many ways.

The suck it up Princess way of thinking is not the answer to life if you think about it. Again like many times before, I will say it one more time. "There is not enough love in the world". The one thing that makes us humans. Animals act on instinct. Only humans act on love and passion. Once this is gone, we are no better than the animal kingdom. Making life survival and nothing more. :(
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18

Typical of people who have had a hard start in life. They don't bitch and cry about the direction their life took. How they were treated, or why things eventuated the way they did. However they see everyone as being in the same boat, and the fact that all should suck up some concrete and harden up. Life being life, sick being sick, and death just being the end to a beginning. They feel sorry for very few, and no sorrow for how their life started or ended. Its sad that many never get the start most people do, and how they deal with it makes it very strange for most of us to understand. IMO its best to not feel pitty for any and just be glad we had different influences in our lives, and different directions to avoid a life of crime. Life shouldn't be so complicated, but unfortunately it is. I don't know how I ever felt about Chopper. I always struggled to understand his view on anything and in return found his interviews showed a lack of love, or connected emotion most people experience. I couldn't wish this life experience on any. Kids are born with honesty and innocence and then things can just go wrong in many ways.

The suck it up Princess way of thinking is not the answer to life if you think about it. Again like many times before, I will say it one more time. "There is not enough love in the world". The one thing that makes us humans. Animals act on instinct. Only humans act on love and passion. Once this is gone, we are no better than the animal kingdom. Making life survival and nothing more. :(

Great post Mants!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19

Green Stick. Mate. Wow. Impressive. (hope KRUDS doesn't see that you mentioned the word 'love' in your post... supposed to be about CFC stuff, not... as he told the GozzMan, personal stuff.)

Your post I read over and over. You dared acknowledge and express your heart felt thoughts (feelings) on the plight of a deeply damaged, hurt and troubled human being. Tells me you see the bigger picture... the humanity picture. Hope we can meet-up some day.

Reply #20
I met one of the members of the Overcoat Gang once, complete with cropped Port Melbourne piers.  He had the softest handshake I have ever experienced.  Not that that's a bad thing  8)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Good interview with Chopper tonight on 60 Minutes.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #22
I know Chop Chop was jaundice, his face was that yellow it looked like a spray tan gone wrong.  RIP.

Reply #23

Green Stick. Mate. Wow. Impressive. (hope KRUDS doesn't see that you mentioned the word 'love' in your post... supposed to be about CFC stuff, not... as he told the GozzMan, personal stuff.)

Baggers pack up the fishing bag...
There is no need for this to continue, as you have already made your point in The Literature thread.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #24

There is no need for this to continue, as you have already made your point in Literature with Gozza.

Fixed.  ;D

Reply #25

There is no need for this to continue, as you have already made your point in Literature with Gozza.

Fixed.  ;D

Are you and Baggers joined at the umbilical handbag ??   You answer for him/her, he/she for you ...  Bill and Ben, Phil and Ted..
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #26

Ch 9 seemed to promo his 60 Minutes appearance with 'revelations' etc. In the doco on Chopper a few years back he had already explained how 3 of the 4 met their demise. The 2002 'hit' was the only 'revelation'.

Still confused that he hadn't lost much weight... as I mentioned in a previous post, 2 relatives have died of liver failure and both were skeletons at the end. Perhaps there's a medico who understands this.

Reply #27
Saw a few people come out on TV this morning and say basically Chopper was a bullsh1t artist and anything he said over the years, perhaps even last night was a crock of sh1t. At one point he claimed to have killed 12 people, then 10, and last night four....a few weeks ago in the paper he said he'd thought long and hard about dying, last night he said he hadn't, etc. The lies just kept coming.

I also don't get all the glorification of this man either. Granted he had a sh1thouse upbringing, but so have a lot of people. He has (apparently) killed and that is in itself disgusting and evil behaviour.

Reply #28

Ch 9 seemed to promo his 60 Minutes appearance with 'revelations' etc. In the doco on Chopper a few years back he had already explained how 3 of the 4 met their demise. The 2002 'hit' was the only 'revelation'.

Still confused that he hadn't lost much weight... as I mentioned in a previous post, 2 relatives have died of liver failure and both were skeletons at the end. Perhaps there's a medico who understands this.
Liver failure would have killed him rather than the cancer.  He had a large tumor as well which might have made him look bigger.

He was heavily jaundiced in that promo.

My father looked the same the last couple of weeks before he passed away and we were not aware his liver wasnt functioning until it started knocking him around. He went from full of life to death bed in three days.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
Saw a few people come out on TV this morning and say basically Chopper was a bullsh1t artist and anything he said over the years, perhaps even last night was a crock of sh1t. At one point he claimed to have killed 12 people, then 10, and last night four....a few weeks ago in the paper he said he'd thought long and hard about dying, last night he said he hadn't, etc. The lies just kept coming.

I also don't get all the glorification of this man either. Granted he had a sh1thouse upbringing, but so have a lot of people. He has (apparently) killed and that is in itself disgusting and evil behaviour.

To easy to sit in judgment from a position of detached and dissimilar circumstances. There are always alternative choices some with moralistically better outcomes and and some worse. Perhaps in the end the real measure of maturity and humanity is whether one is able to accept his/her mistakes and contribute in a positive way regardless. But even that is subjective and limited by each individuals input and opportunity. RIP Chopper
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain