Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2023 Rd 7: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 1815 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2023 Rd 7: Carlton vs Collingwood

We play at 15:00 on Sunday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2023 Rd 7: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
The line-up for the weekend:

Backs:  Kerryn Peterson  Vaomua Laloifi
Half-backs:  Gen Lawson-Tavan  Harriet Cordner  Gab Pound
Centreline:  Amelia Velardo  Abbie McKay  Brooke Vickers
Half-forwards:  Mia Austin  Breann Moody  Lily Goss
Forwards:  Darcy Vescio  Keeley Sherar
Followers:  Jess Good  Mimi Hill  Phoebe McWilliams
Interchange:  Daisy Walker  Erone Fitzpatrick  Jess Dal Pos  Madeline Hendrie  Dayna Finn

Emergencies:    Taylor Ortlepp    Ciara Fitzgerald   Imogen Milford

In: Maddy Hendrie, Kerryn Peterson
Out: Keeley Skepper (hip), Ciara Fitzgerald
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
We'll miss Keeley  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
We'll miss Keeley  :(
Indeed. And we haven't beaten Collingwood for a long time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Indeed. And we haven't beaten Collingwood for a long time.

Collingwood's form has been inconsistent.  Maybe we'll turn the tables  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Having kez back is about as good as we could hope for.

Pies aren't as strong as they have been in the past, but they still have a better 'list' on paper.
Hopefully we can have a better 'team'.

Reply #6
Collingwood's form has been inconsistent.  Maybe we'll turn the tables  :-\

Davey was the driving force last week v Lions. She dragged them from behind to get the W. Lions looked to let her roam free. Gee, we've lost some top players.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
We've lost a crop of players who, altogether, could be contenders, even with the Adelaide Gerrymander.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Davey was the driving force last week v Lions. She dragged them from behind to get the W. Lions looked to let her roam free. Gee, we've lost some top players.

Speaking of letting Davey roam free....
On cue 🤨

But it was captain Bri Davey who led the charge, with another superb performance from the 2021 league best-and-fairest winner.

Davey kicked the first goal of the game against her former club after roving off ruck Sabrina Frederick to perfection.

The 28-year-old stuffed the stat sheet to finish with 21 possessions, 15 tackles and nine clearances.
ABC news
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Being Carl Vs Coll I thought I may give the AFLW another go to see if it’s improved since last watching about 2 years ago. Omg just when I thought it couldn’t get worse it did! What an absolute crapshow this comp is. How anyone can argue it’s entertaining must be very easily pleased.
Over 60s lawn bowls has more excitement than this crap.

Have tuned off for good. 

Reply #10
Being Carl Vs Coll I thought I may give the AFLW another go to see if it’s improved since last watching about 2 years ago. Omg just when I thought it couldn’t get worse it did! What an absolute crapshow this comp is. How anyone can argue it’s entertaining must be very easily pleased.
Over 60s lawn bowls has more excitement than this crap.

Have tuned off for good. 
Its hard to watch, I have tried to watch the odd game but can't get through more that 15 mins. Carlton is particularly bad.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Its hard to watch, I have tried to watch the odd game but can't get through more that 15 mins. Carlton is particularly bad.
I too tried a different approach. Just had it on in the background while working on something on the laptop. Thought I'd be able to get through a quarter or two. Switched it off after the 1st. I'll tune back in again in a couple of years

Reply #12
I too tried a different approach. Just had it on in the background while working on something on the laptop. Thought I'd be able to get through a quarter or two. Switched it off after the 1st. I'll tune back in again in a couple of years
I saw a couple of passages of play (no 22 for us) could barely muster a jog chasing a ball in our fwd line. It was a horrible look. Their fitness and skill levels are commensurate with a Mickey Mouse comp. The AFL needs to get fair dinkum.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time