Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 8: Pre Game Judgements St Kilda vs Carlton (Read 24247 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 8: Pre Game Judgements St Kilda vs Carlton

Sat 13/5/17 ES 2.10pm

Go your hardest kids.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: 2017 Rd 8: Pre Game Judgements St Kilda vs Carlton

Reply #1
Looks like they are committed to bringing SoJ back, it's a worry for me given his shoulder history, but ignoring that who goes out?

I suspect Weitering might be overdue for a rest, I know the club thinks he's just starting to get some mojo happening with Casboult but one bloke in that pair is at the start of his career while the other is closer to the end!

I want Weitering developing a mojo with the next generation of players not the past generation, so I see no point in flogging him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Looks like they are committed to bringing SoJ back, it's a worry for me given his shoulder history, but ignoring that who goes out?

I suspect Weitering might be overdue for a rest, I know the club thinks he's just starting to get some mojo happening with Casboult but one bloke in that pair is at the start of his career while the other is closer to the end!

I want Weitering developing a mojo with the next generation of players not the past generation, so I see no point in flogging him!

Possibly Weitering for Jones??  LJ is almost due for another chance.

Reply #3
All the experts said the Cheating Scum would run our young side off their feet. WRONG, win.
All the experts said we were no chance against Syd posting odds of $4.40. WRONG, win.
All the experts said the Filth would be to strong for us, especially in the midfield, posting odds of $3.75. WRONG, win.
All the experts will say St Kilda will be too fast, too hard, too skilled and more advanced than us. Will they be wrong again?
Putting aside the belting from PA at Feral Oval and the horrible 5 minutes in the 3rd qtr vs GC (we conceded 4 goals then won the last qtr), I think we have been pretty good.
All I am saying is that if St Kilda think this will be a walk in the park? Think again.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #4
The Saints will no doubt be a very stiff test for us. They play a high pressure brand of footy that will be a challenge for sure but as the old saying goes, if they bleed we can kill 'em. Go Blues, this would be a fabulous one to win IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
Very winnable.

They lost to WCE in Perth, just beat the Pies (14 pts), pumped by the Cats (45 odd)....beat Hawks and GWS recently.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
We like a bit of sting out of the track, Saints like it more firm, at Etihad we struggled vs the GC pace and I reckon it might be the same vs Stkilda...if it was at the MCG and a soft track I'd say we are a chance but Saints will start warm favourites and they seem to be a bogey team for us of recent years.
I think we will be more competitive than in the past but would love to see Reiwoldt rested and Hickey not playing.....

Reply #7
We like a bit of sting out of the track, Saints like it more firm, at Etihad we struggled vs the GC pace and I reckon it might be the same vs Stkilda...if it was at the MCG and a soft track I'd say we are a chance but Saints will start warm favourites and they seem to be a bogey team for us of recent years.
I think we will be more competitive than in the past but would love to see Reiwoldt rested and Hickey not playing.....
STK $1.26 CA $3.90
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
Oh for the days when we automatically added 4 premiership points for each of the games against the Saints when the fixture first came out   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)

Reply #9
Oh for the days when we automatically added 4 premiership points for each of the games against the Saints when the fixture first came out   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)
Yes. That was the way the world should work. Not the same now.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10

Be very interested to see whether we have bridged the gap against a team that has belted us several times.

I agree with the fast track being a concern -their speed has killed us over the last few years but one big difference this time is our defence. Its the best its been for a very long time and scoring against us has become a lot harder than usual. How nice is it to not leak goals like we used to.

Since ASOS came in we have conceded just 19 goals in 2 weeks. Just heard Koby Stevens has been outed for 1 week - don't really know much about him but got the ball a bit against GWS so might help a little too.   

Reply #11
In: Jack Cunners
Out: Smedts Kerridge

Reply #13
Carlton Line + 27.5 points at $1.92 seems like good value to me

Think we had a 21.5 point line against the pies that was too juicy to pass up. This one i'm not so sure of.
Saints demolished us in the pre-season.

Reply #14

Earning the cold showers at Moorabin...