Skip to main content
Topic: Vale Jarrod Lyle (1981-2018) (Read 4207 times) previous topic - next topic

Vale Jarrod Lyle (1981-2018)

RIP young man, taken from his young family far too soon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Vale Jarrod Lyle (1981-2018)

Reply #1
Brave man and I feel for his family, its an upsetting story seeing the fight he put up and he was always so pleasant to fans/media etc...RIP.

Reply #2
RIP  :(
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #3
Yes, very sad particularly with a young family.

I realise it doesn't happen and can never be guaranteed, but two things in a person's life should be inalienable rights.

Children should get to grow up healthy to become adults,

and

parents should live to see that happen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
RIP.

Very very sad.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
RIP.

Very very sad.

Indeed!

I hope someone assured him that his life wasn’t wasted.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
breaks my heart r.i.p

Reply #8
Fought a great fight twice, unfortunately couldn't go the third round.  RIP.

Reply #9
One of the truly lovely blokes in sport as well, his attitude throughout was amazing.....some sports prima-donnas out there need to take a reality check from this.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #10
You think of all the super talented sportspeople who wasted it,  and took it all for granted,  then a bloke like this who was against it from the start.   I hope he inspires a few to consider getting their lives in order.   The way he treated other people - especially the so called "little people" - more could emulate his example. Being decent doesn't cost anything.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
You think of all the super talented sportspeople who wasted it,  and took it all for granted,  then a bloke like this who was against it from the start.   I hope he inspires a few to consider getting their lives in order.   The way he treated other people - especially the so called "little people" - more could emulate his example. Being decent doesn't cost anything.

Yep. By contrast I once had the misfortune to cross the path of a certain blond haired and at the time iconic golf pro many years ago. I don't know how others may have found him but, IMHO, an absolute pig of a man - unceremoniously pushing volunteer charity workers out of his way at a golf tournament.
Reality always wins in the end.