Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy in strife (Read 20091 times) previous topic - next topic

Daisy in strife

Dont worry about the behaviour of players at other clubs, Daisy being investigated by the club for drinking (heavily allegedly) at a charity event on Friday night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Daisy in strife

Reply #1
Dont worry about the behaviour of players at other clubs, Daisy being investigated by the club for drinking (heavily allegedly) at a charity event on Friday night.

That one seems to be in the public domain
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-carltons-dale-thomas-reportedly-investigated-by-club-over-claims-of-drinking-incident-last-friday-night/news-story/ce73d56151e0d49de4deb9440c245c22

daisy

Reply #2
Not sure where to put this.
Anyone heard about Daisy's reported indiscretion below?

AFL 2019: Carlton’s Dale Thomas reportedly investigated by club over claims of drinking incident last Friday night

AFL

May 27, 2019 9:14pmby STAFF WRITERSSource: FOX SPORTS

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Further down on that link, those intellectual colossi from On The Couch give Brackets McGovern a roasting, and Harry Mac for good measure.

Reply #4
Judd is reported to have said there was nothing in it, Daisy had a wine with dinner at a charity function and has no case to answer.

Here is an opportunity to unify the club and players, lets see if the executive is smart enough to stick fat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
I watched FC last night - it was Caros big scoop last night ????really there wasn’t much in it. Daisy’s said he had 2 drinks and Hutchi was shocked 2 days before a game a player would drink and Judd said he might’ve had a wine over dinner bla bla bla. The ‘‘altercation’ didn’t have much substance either - something about a spilled drink. Woopydo!

I think Lloyd or Hutchi said to Judd ‘Daisy wouldn’t play, he’d get suspended?’ And Judd just stared them down, said they don’t even have the full story.

If nothing else, Judd is extremely good at stopping questioning in its tracks, just by glaring ????

Reply #6
It was a wine pairing event that raised $370,000 for charity.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7

Daisy probably volunteered his time.

All the story does is show you how low Hunchy and Caro will go! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Daisy probably volunteered his time.

All the story does is show you how low Hunchy and Caro will go! ;)

It's depressing to think that Caro was once a decent journalist. Just like On The Couch and plenty of others, toeing the Murdoch Party Line is obviously a requirement - go low, go hard and go often.

Reply #9
My biggest criticism of Caro is that she never comments on actual football. Its always the negative, behind the scenes stuff. She is the Football equivalent of the gotcha paparazzi.

Reply #10
Judd is reported to have said there was nothing in it, Daisy had a wine with dinner at a charity function and has no case to answer.

Here is an opportunity to unify the club and players, lets see if the executive is smart enough to stick fat!
Juddy also said whilst a few wines or beers with dinner is ok, "drinking in public two days before a game fails the stupidity test". He went to stop the discussion and said lets gather all the facts before we go too far.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11

Good onya Daisy.
What an upstanding contributor to society.
Every $ in the charity bucket aims to support those in need.

Pretty sure the 'actual' story could go something like that.
The rest is uneventful. Move on if that's possible.
Imagine what garbage the supposed scoop would have been without Juddys intellectual prowess.

Joke
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
It's depressing to think that Caro was once a decent journalist. Just like On The Couch and plenty of others, toeing the Murdoch Party Line is obviously a requirement - go low, go hard and go often.

How many times have they received similar info about Dusty and said nothing, even in his premiership year?

You'd think in a year where Dusty was in the hunt for a flag it was an even bigger sin, not a forgivable offense, but it got crickets from Caro and the AFL media!

Caro and Hunchy excel at kicking people in the gutter, nothing more and nothing less!

In some respects this issue will blow up because Judd shows some inexperience, he should not have made a value judgment on air! That's all you will hear now for the next 24/48 hours!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
In some respects this issue will blow up because Judd shows some inexperience, he should not have made a value judgment on air! That's all you will hear now for the next 24/48 hours!

I tend to agree. I think that comment about "failed the stupidity test" is a very poor phrase, and feels almost like throwing Daisy under a bus. That's precisely the sort of thing that starts the process of dividing clubs.

One thing I've never liked about Judd is that he keeps things at arms length, a certain aloofness. You never really feel like he's one of the troops. 

IMO, the best media performer at our club is Bolton. Followed by Silvagni (not polished, but won't be bullied or steamrolled) followed by Judd, then Lloyd and the Judge. Liddle I haven't heard enough of.

Reply #14
Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see how this is a story if all he did was have a couple of glasses of wine and spilt some blokes drink? Si there more that we don't know about?