Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 2210 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
Yeah, but Cincotta can cover a half-back and free Williams to play a wing. Then Acres or maybe even Hollands goes on-ball. Personally I'd give Acres a go. He was really important in that 3rd quarter on Friday. I'd like to see him set with the challenge.

Williams won’t play on the wing.  His first year with us demonstrated that he isn’t a midfielder and his form on Friday night showed that he is going to be a vital part of our back seven this season. 

Acres plays the wing role to perfection; getting back to help out in defence, going forward to snag a goal and stopping the opposition wingman.  He has to stay on the wing.

Bot played very well when he was subbed on and is the logical replacement for Doc.  Best of all, we don’t have to make any structural changes.

Cincotta has to wait for an opportunity, perhaps as the sub.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Cincotta will be fighting for Boyd's spot now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Cottrell can also play wing, Hollands more in the middle and we can play another forward. We have lots of versatility.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Agree with the earlier post.....Elijah Hollands probably straight in for Round 3....he showed enough in those pre-season games.

Carroll did more than enough on Friday night to hold his spot and probably come into the 22. I'm not sure Cincotta comes in as we have Newman, Saad, Williams and Boyd as the smaller/running defenders.

Fantasia didn't get a lot of the ball the other night, but when he did, some of his disposal was superb and he could be a bit of a surprise packet this year.

I doubt we'll be experimenting too much. Acres has been one of the standout wingmen in the competition and his running ability makes it a great position for him. He covers the ground as good as anyone.

Ollie Hollands was pretty quiet but his form in the pre-season games suggests he'll hold his spot.

So maybe it's just Carroll into the 22 and Binns in as the sub.

Richmond were terrible yesterday in the first half and if we get plenty of ball, Curnow and Harry should have a night out.

Reply #19
Is motlop available?
Reckon he would probably offer more than owies and/or fantasia.

Reply #20
Is motlop available?
Reckon he would probably offer more than owies and/or fantasia.
Last I heard he had turf toe so how long to fix that?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
That is a good question. Turf toes could be over pretty quickly, but it can drag on for ages. One of the less predictable injuries.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
Agree with the earlier post.....Elijah Hollands probably straight in for Round 3....he showed enough in those pre-season games.

Carroll did more than enough on Friday night to hold his spot and probably come into the 22. I'm not sure Cincotta comes in as we have Newman, Saad, Williams and Boyd as the smaller/running defenders.

Fantasia didn't get a lot of the ball the other night, but when he did, some of his disposal was superb and he could be a bit of a surprise packet this year.

I doubt we'll be experimenting too much. Acres has been one of the standout wingmen in the competition and his running ability makes it a great position for him. He covers the ground as good as anyone.

Ollie Hollands was pretty quiet but his form in the pre-season games suggests he'll hold his spot.

So maybe it's just Carroll into the 22 and Binns in as the sub.

Richmond were terrible yesterday in the first half and if we get plenty of ball, Curnow and Harry should have a night out.

I didn't think that Lij Hollands did enough in the practice matches.  He's earmarked for a midfield/forward role so Doc's injury opens up a spot, but Carroll has first dibs and Binns has been impressive. 

Ollie Hollands had a quiet night and I thought that he fumbled too much.  However, he tackled well and kept his opponent quiet and has Thursday night's game to impress.

I thought Owies and Fantasia didn't contribute much in the way of forward pressure.  Motlop was 1-2 weeks away last Tuesday and I think he'll struggle to get up for Thursday.  Corey Durdin could come in for Owies or it might be an ideal game for Moir to debut.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Grainger-Barrass from Hawks copped a turf toe injury early in the pre-season games and was listed for 10-12 weeks out......hopefully Motlop's isn't that bad.

Reply #24
Thats the million dollar question.
Can drag out for a couple months in some instances.
Might be right by next week in others.

I haven't hears an update one way or another.

Reply #25
Grainger-Barrass from Hawks copped a turf toe injury early in the pre-season games and was listed for 10-12 weeks out......hopefully Motlop's isn't that bad.

Motlop officially has a jarred toe.  That implies an impact injury rather than the ongoing hyperextension that causes turf toe.

Fingers crossed that it’s just a jarred toe.

Reply #26
Anyone anywhere any time.  I'm not worried.  I'd love to have motlop back but there are others I'd rather have back sooner.  (Weitering and walsh). 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #27
Certainly don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but with the bye after the Richmond game and then North, we could then be ready to load up with guys like Weitering, Walsh, Martin and Motlop coming back to present some selection headaches.

Richmond will be better with Martyn and possibly Nankervis back this week.

Reply #28
It'll be interesting to see what Nthmond can do on the rebound. Grimes looked old, King touched him up and things don't get easier this week.

I suppose this is the price they pay for moving Bolta out of D50, they've lost quality talls at both ends.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
It'll be interesting to see what Nthmond can do on the rebound. Grimes looked old, King touched him up and things don't get easier this week.

I suppose this is the price they pay for moving Bolta out of D50, they've lost quality talls at both ends.
Martin, Lynch and Nankervis back in will help.....this wont be an easy game.