Topic: World Cup - 2019 (Read 21745 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup - 2019

Reply #60
Pakistanis were superb last night.

Haris is a star!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #61
Bottom line is if England lose both games they miss out as Bangladesh and Pakistan play each other last game. Bar a tie or a washout one has to win and they'd jump England.

Australia and India would be 50/50. India beat us here, we beat them in India, so it's tight.

Reply #62
Bottom line is if England lose both games they miss out as Bangladesh and Pakistan play each other last game. Bar a tie or a washout one has to win and they'd jump England.

Australia and India would be 50/50. India beat us here, we beat them in India, so it's tight.

My Indian mates are not confident in their team, they think in the absence of an India dominated crowd(assumed unlikely for the pre-sold finals) they are a better than even chance to fold under the pressure of a final.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
My Indian mates are not confident in their team, they think in the absence of an India dominated crowd(assumed unlikely for the pre-sold finals) they are a better than even chance to fold under the pressure of a final.

Could do, especially if they have to chase. Chasing a decent total in a final can produce alot of pressure.

Reply #64
Pakistanis were superb last night.

Haris is a star!

Bowling isnt bad either, three left arm quicks who can swing it, Riaz is very slippery......
Haris is a neat player, the Paki wicketkeeper took a one handed blinder of a catch....

Reply #65
Bowling isnt bad either, three left arm quicks who can swing it, Riaz is very slippery......
Haris is a neat player, the Paki wicketkeeper took a one handed blinder of a catch....

And all but Amir seemingly make full use of the 15% bend rule EB!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #66
India will be tough.  They do everything very well.  Bumrush is a damn fine bowler, and there's no real weakness with the rest.  Loosing shikhar dhawan is a blow to them, otherwise i'd say they didn't have a flaw there either.  Kohli has them fielding like a professional sporting team.

Reply #70
The media talked up India's bowlers up like they were unplayable against WI, but reality is the WI were rubbish in the field and with the bat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
The media talked up India's bowlers up like they were unplayable against WI, but reality is the WI were rubbish in the field and with the bat!

Agree...Windies batting is very all or nothing and vs India it was nothing....Bumrah did bowl well and is probably the best bowler in this format
but Shami just bowls nice and straight without much menace and plays the percentages of you miss and I hit.
The Indian batting though is very good, they have lost Dhawan which would be like us losing Warner but its hasnt really affected them much and having Dhoni at seven
gives them a player with great experience who can really tonk the ball. Windies bowled short at him and he just helped himself to runs at a crucial stage.
Where India have improved out of sight since the old days is their fielding, when I was younger they were mugs who couldnt stop a slow rolling tennis ball but these days
with all the IPL etc they dont drop much and make a lot of catches out of half chances.

Reply #72
Reverse trajectories for WI and India.  WI are just very ordinary and how the mighty have fallen. 

Reply #73
And farewell New Zealand.  One threat out of the way.  We're starting to look REALLY good

Reply #74
Warner's reaction to Smith's catch is illuminating.   Internal frictions in camp,  not from what I saw.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?