Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup - 2019 (Read 21747 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup - 2019

Reply #30
You can do that when you have caned the Aus attack for 350, not sure he would be so diplomatic if he only had 150 on the board ;)
Indians will be hard to beat if they keep that form up..

What are you talking about with keeping that form Elwood?  Easily the best in the world by miles. It is hard to see them not take out the final trophy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #31
What are you talking about with keeping that form Elwood?  Easily the best in the world by miles. It is hard to see them not take out the final trophy.

I reckon we laid down and played dead.

I can't see how our own form can be so variable by accident, the bowlers looked to be going 80% at best, and fielding was almost comical.

I think we've deliberately kept our foot off the pedal so we don't go too hard too early with our hand, until the finals when we only have to beat them once at the right moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32

Mants, I think England were the No 1 one day team in the world?...India are very good at all forms though.

Reply #33
Stoinis needs to extract the digit. Hasnt been doing the job with bat or ball.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Stoinis needs to extract the digit. Hasnt been doing the job with bat or ball.

Not even good enough to be in the squad. Bowls pies, bats like a backyard bully.

Play Marsh and Lyon - dump Stoinis and Zampa.

Open with Khawaja, Marsh at 3, Warner at 4, Smith at 5. Or Warner at 3, Marsh at 5....

Tell Coulter-Nile to start bending his back when bowling or else....no Hazelwood is a howler imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
Warner is batting in a mystifying manner - blocks or fours.  And a lot of blocks.  Khawaja being demoted has hurt him as well, as he works the ball around when the fields are up, not a power hitter.  Zampa selection is divisive - wickets he gets seem to be charity offerings, doesn't threaten quality players.  Need to pick a bowler with more bite.  He isn't even the best spinner in the country.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
I reckon we laid down and played dead.

I can't see how our own form can be so variable by accident, the bowlers looked to be going 80% at best, and fielding was almost comical.

I think we've deliberately kept our foot off the pedal so we don't go too hard too early with our hand, until the finals when we only have to beat them once at the right moment!

I tend to agree, Starc was bowling very low 140s....he and the others looked pedestrian at best.

The batsmen played liked it was a warm up game...maybe by design....would still bring in Lyon and Marsh....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
Mants, I think England were the No 1 one day team in the world?...India are very good at all forms though.

My bad dude. Still can’t imagine India not going all the way. They do cover most of the bases in all forms. Maybe that is my bad when I see a country being the best at the sport. Sorry Elwood.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38

Spot-on !!

And Kholi is a damn good captain too.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #39
As long as England don't win.  Not that I think we will by the way.  India for mine.

Reply #40
Warner is batting in a mystifying manner - blocks or fours.  And a lot of blocks.  Khawaja being demoted has hurt him as well, as he works the ball around when the fields are up, not a power hitter.  Zampa selection is divisive - wickets he gets seem to be charity offerings, doesn't threaten quality players.  Need to pick a bowler with more bite.  He isn't even the best spinner in the country.

Warner loves a flat deck with the ball coming on.
Starc needs it to move, or her is poor
Khawaja should have stayed as opener
Lyon in for Zampa.
Coulter Nile out for Behrendorff

Reply #41
On another matter.....the gimmick that is the "zing" bails....are costing bowlers more & more wickets, but no chance of the ICC doing anything about it apparently...nothing to see here la la la.

Classic case of putting entertainment value over the values & integrity of the game.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #42
Maybe the problem isn't the bails, I've seen the zinger bails close up and they are similar weight, shape and size to traditional bails.

The problem might be the light up camera stumps, they are very different to normal stumps and covered in vinyl decals which softens and contact between the stump and ball. They also have a deeper seat for the bail at the top of the stump, to prevent stumps and bails randomly flashing when it's windy or as the bowler runs past during a delivery stride.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Maybe the problem isn't the bails, I've seen the zinger bails close up and they are similar weight, shape and size to traditional bails.

The problem might be the light up camera stumps, they are very different to normal stumps and covered in vinyl decals which softens and contact between the stump and ball. They also have a deeper seat for the bail at the top of the stump, to prevent stumps and bails randomly flashing when it's windy or as the bowler runs past during a delivery stride.

Yeah, that could definitely be an issue if that is the case, surely the depth of the groove is written into the rules of cricket !

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #44
Yeah, that could definitely be an issue if that is the case, surely the depth of the groove is written into the rules of cricket !

I don't think so, the overall dimensions, height, width, gaps are set within ranges, but the grooves for the bails were not defined last time I read the rules which was a long time ago. I suppose it doesn't matter as it's the same for both teams!

Keep in mind in the old days you had both standard and heavy bails for windy conditions.
The Force Awakens!