Skip to main content
Topic: World Cup - 2019 (Read 23554 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World Cup - 2019

Reply #75
Will NZ upset India?

I feel when they are switched on that NZ might be just the right type of squad to cause India some grief!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Watched the Saffies beat us and a bit of India flogging Sri Lanka the other night....dont see NZ troubling India, their batters are on fire and Bumrah
just keeps getting wickets for not many runs.
Saffies always lift when they play us so I wouldnt be too worried about that result and we are still a big chance IMO...Warner played very well along with Carey who must be putting some pressure on the selectors for England, he is our version of DeKock and also keeps wicket well.
India have to have a bad game soon and Sharma cannot keep making runs like he has so hopefully its in the finals and we either beat them or someone else does and we can play
that winner in the final.

Reply #77
Slightly off topic, but Perry 7/22 is a reasonable effort!  Go Aussie women.

Reply #78
And goodbye NZ.  1 for 7 after 5 overs?

Reply #79
I wonder that tricks Dhoni will pull this time. Like "protecting the run rate" in their recent loss... I trust that one got scrutinized.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #80
Wash out in the NZ v India game and back again tonight  but the Indians are in charge and should get the runs easily.

Reply #81
I  just don't understand cricket politics getting in the way of success!

How the feck can Handscomb allegedly get the nod ahead of Wade given recent form lines?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
I  just don't understand cricket politics getting in the way of success!

How the feck can Handscomb allegedly get the nod ahead of Wade given recent form lines?

It's looking like 2 changes listening to the radio today. Handscomb and Wade in for Khawaja and Maxwell. Maxwell is way out of form.

Reply #83
Wade to play the slugger role. Handscombe to play that work the ball around role.

Removes a bowling option.   Lyon against the pommy left handers?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #84
It's looking like 2 changes listening to the radio today. Handscomb and Wade in for Khawaja and Maxwell. Maxwell is way out of form.

I'd play wade and Maxwell. Maxwell has been unlucky... or gone for too much, too often. But is a match winner potentially.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
I'd play wade and Maxwell. Maxwell has been unlucky... or gone for too much, too often. But is a match winner potentially.

I'm a fan of Maxwell for that reason that he can turn games and win matches...Wade is a competitor and this format suits him IMO.
Handscomb is a great fielder and would be my 12th man who gets a lot of work on the field.

Reply #86

Dropping Maxwell would be a massive mistake and a huge bonus for the opposition.

Maxwell can win you a match in 3 or 4 overs, and in the field he's a presence that creates batting tension and restricts runs even if he isn't involved in catching or runouts.

Dropping Maxwell is like NZ dropping McCullum, or England dropping Butler, a great relief for their opponents!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
Dropping Maxwell would be a massive mistake and a huge bonus for the opposition.

Maxwell can win you a match in 3 or 4 overs, and in the field he's a presence that creates batting tension and restricts runs even if he isn't involved in catching or runouts.

Dropping Maxwell is like NZ dropping McCullum, or England dropping Butler, a great relief for their opponents!

Can't keep playing blokes who aren't making runs. Wade, on the A Tour, was making good runs and striking at over 180, albeit not against the same opposition. He's been flying for 12 months and is just as likely to win you a match as Maxwell right now. Would be perfect match for the McCullums and Butlers right now.

Reply #88
Can't keep playing blokes who aren't making runs. Wade, on the A Tour, was making good runs and striking at over 180, albeit not against the same opposition. He's been flying for 12 months and is just as likely to win you a match as Maxwell right now. Would be perfect match for the McCullums and Butlers right now.

Maxwell is worth 20 or 30 runs just from being in the field compared to Stoinis, Handscomb or Wade, it's a selection conundrum.

I'd expect Lyon to be an out, Stoinis did stuff all at training relative to Starc or Cummins, purely based on the vision I have seen in the rain breaks when Dots did a live cross. I think the Stoinis fitness for selection might be fake news, there is a bit of it going around at the moment.

Khawaja out Wade in makes sense, Stoinis out Handscomb in keeping Lyon in makes sense, Maxwell out doesn't. Lords with three quicks, three spinners makes sense as it's a ground at which slow bowlers can leverage the slope. Our only real problem is that Starc is a bit hit and miss, if he has a good day we basically win.

I don't think our batting has been a major problem all tournament, but when it's less than perfect it highlights our inconsistent bowling. Jasprit Bumrah puts our lot to shame!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
Maxwell is worth 20 or 30 runs just from being in the field compared to Stoinis, Handscomb or Wade, it's a selection conundrum.

I'd expect Lyon to be an out, Stoinis did stuff all at training relative to Starc or Cummins, purely based on the vision I have seen in the rain breaks when Dots did a live cross. I think the Stoinis fitness for selection might be fake news, there is a bit of it going around at the moment.

Khawaja out Wade in makes sense, Stoinis out Handscomb in keeping Lyon in makes sense, Maxwell out doesn't. Lords with three quicks, three spinners makes sense as it's a ground at which slow bowlers can leverage the slope. Our only real problem is that Starc is a bit hit and miss, if he has a good day we basically win.

I don't think our batting has been a major problem all tournament, but when it's less than perfect it highlights our inconsistent bowling. Jasprit Bumrah puts our lot to shame!
We're playing England at Edgbaston, which has been a road, not Lords. Old Trafford was a road too all tournament but not last night. It was slow. So hopefully the same tomorrow night.

We not dropping Stoinis as he's the 5th bowler. Only one coming in for him is M.Marsh if he's injured.

Can't afford out of form batsmen. I'm thinking Handscomb and Wade are coming in for Maxwell and Khawaja. Maxwell is good but so unreliable and right now out of form. Likely to go out playing a dumb shot when we're in trouble.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/australia-is-reportedly-set-to-drop-glenn-maxwell-for-the-england-semi-final-142577