Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 19147 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Pre-Game Pessimism: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #60
Feel sorry for Phillips, been injured forever, finally gets a crack and has to come up against NicNat in career best form

Reply #61
Seems a bit of a whipping boy is Cuningham, thought he went ok vs Nth and was better than most, Mullet isnt contributing much
and looks out of his depth having to defend, rather than just accumulate easy receives...
Kruezer out is going to hurt us given NitWits form....Weitering injured or dropped? or is too hard to drop a No 1 pick...

I worry about weitering. I fear we may break him. A couple of weeks rest and a plan to bring him back as an intercept defender will do him a lot of good.
I hate the Cunningham omission

Reply #62
I worry about weitering. I fear we may break him. A couple of weeks rest and a plan to bring him back as an intercept defender will do him a lot of good.
I hate the Cunningham omission

Agree on Weitering I reckon he may be injured mentally and emotionally rather than anything physical and I like your idea of a couple of weeks rest, maybe even 3-4 just to get him
keen and relaxed. Might even work him back by the NB's so he is say coming off a good game before he plays seniors again.....
Cuningham is another mystifying MC non selection....

Reply #63
Agree on Weitering I reckon he may be injured mentally and emotionally rather than anything physical and I like your idea of a couple of weeks rest, maybe even 3-4 just to get him
keen and relaxed. Might even work him back by the NB's so he is say coming off a good game before he plays seniors again.....
Cuningham is another mystifying MC non selection....

Apparently Weitering has a bad corkie.

Reply #64
Either JK will kick 8, or we will be jag a very surprise victory.

Reply #65
CARLTON
B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Aaron Mullett
HB: Cameron O'Shea, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
C: Zac Fisher, Paddy Dow, Sam Kerridge
HF: Jed Lamb, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow
F: Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
R: Andrew Phillips, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
Int: Lochie O'Brien, Jarrod Garlett, Dale Thomas, Jack Silvagni

EMG: Pat Kerr, Matt Shaw, Nick Graham, Kym Lebois

I don't know what Cuningham did wrong. His first half last week wasn't bad at all. He offered nothing on the forward line, but it did have to get there.

WEST COAST EAGLES
B: Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass, Brad Sheppard
HB: Lewis Jetta, Jeremy McGovern, Liam Duggan
C: Dom Sheed, Luke Shuey, Chris Masten
HF: Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Mark LeCras
F: Jake Waterman, Josh J. Kennedy, Scott Lycett
R: Nic Naitanui, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff
Int: Jack Redden, Jackson Nelson, Mark Hutchings, William Rioli

EMG: Jack Petruccelle, Francis Watson, Thomas Cole, Will Schofield

I don't like having Phillips up against NicNat, but ...  I'm not sure either he or Rowe is 100% match fit, but they are named. Kerridge should have been in last week.

I am not confident at all.  :( :( :'(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #66
CARLTON
B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Aaron Mullett
HB: Cameron O'Shea, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
C: Zac Fisher, Paddy Dow, Sam Kerridge
HF: Jed Lamb, Levi Casboult, Ed Curnow
F: Harry McKay, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
R: Andrew Phillips, Patrick Cripps, Sam Petrevski-Seton
Int: Lochie O'Brien, Jarrod Garlett, Dale Thomas, Jack Silvagni

EMG: Pat Kerr, Matt Shaw, Nick Graham, Kym Lebois

I don't know what Cuningham did wrong. His first half last week wasn't bad at all. He offered nothing on the forward line, but it did have to get there.

WEST COAST EAGLES
B: Shannon Hurn, Tom Barrass, Brad Sheppard
HB: Lewis Jetta, Jeremy McGovern, Liam Duggan
C: Dom Sheed, Luke Shuey, Chris Masten
HF: Jamie Cripps, Jack Darling, Mark LeCras
F: Jake Waterman, Josh J. Kennedy, Scott Lycett
R: Nic Naitanui, Elliot Yeo, Andrew Gaff
Int: Jack Redden, Jackson Nelson, Mark Hutchings, William Rioli

EMG: Jack Petruccelle, Francis Watson, Thomas Cole, Will Schofield

I don't like having Phillips up against NicNat, but ...  I'm not sure either he or Rowe is 100% match fit, but they are named. Kerridge should have been in last week.

I am not confident at all.  :( :( :'(

WC look small down back, we have the one extra tall unless they include Schofield at the last minute......Luke Shuey usually does a number on us so he needs a tag for the day.
McGovern vs Charlie C should be a decent battle in the air....
I'm not convinced WC are that good and while they have a potent forward line and good rucks I actually think we can kick a few goals against this mob and are a chance.......Blues by 5 points...

Reply #67

I agree, Cuningham wasn’t our worst by a long shot.

I guess it’s an opportunity for Phillips and McKay ... and it’s interesting that Kerr is named as an emergency.  I guess that reflects Fraser’s assessment of his efforts with the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #68
I thought MK and MK returned from injury prematurely, so I'm frustrated but not surprised they are out.
I commented last week that Weiters had limped for a lot of the game. I hope he rests up and comes back with strength and determination.
Graham was a no brainer. Love his endeavor but it's not enough for this level.
As for Cunningham, I just don't understand his ommission  ??? I thought he'd been building steadily. Obviously I got that very wrong.

I sincerely hope Rowe is ready! All the best to Sam.
Harry finally gets a gig. Nothing much to lose there IMO.
All the best to Phillips on his return. He'll get smashed my NN. Hopefully he gets a mark or two down forward.
If Sam Kerridge can match his form from last year's later rounds, he'll be a wise inclusion.

I think we'll get belted and help WC improve their confidence playing @ MCG. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Go Blues

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #69
Bolton said he wants the kids to play together....but drops cuningham.
Bolton said Harry isn't ready and wants him to prove himself...but picks him despite an ordinary showing.

Makes sense.

Reply #70
WC look small down back, we have the one extra tall unless they include Schofield at the last minute......Luke Shuey usually does a number on us so he needs a tag for the day.
McGovern vs Charlie C should be a decent battle in the air....
I'm not convinced WC are that good and while they have a potent forward line and good rucks I actually think we can kick a few goals against this mob and are a chance.......Blues by 5 points...
You are either a genius or a nutcase, either way I love your work ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
Cuningham is the captain of frustration or teasing. His good is very good and he really does excite from time to time but he is such a liability when he has one of those many fade outs/lapses during games... and he does it in every game he plays - just goes missing, not to mention his defensive game is cause for concern.

I gave him a vote after the last game because of his 'glimpses', they are special. In an ideal world, he'd be an outside mid / half forward... but at present, even with his highly skilled moments, his big lapses make him a luxury we can't afford.

This side looks better, more in-form blokes. 2 blokes carrying injuries -- Kreuzer/Kennedy -- and 1 bloke's head not right -- Weitering -- are out of the side. Good. They all need to get themselves right.

Disappointed H got the nod in front of Kerr, who has shown better form in the twos. I wonder if we're playing H just to shut everyone up. Boy I hope he shows something. But might as well experiment, nothing to lose... so to speak.

With more experienced blokes coming in you'd expect us to be beaten by around 50 pts instead of around 90 pts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #72
You are either a genius or a nutcase, either way I love your work ;)

Cheers GTC, look its a stretch looking for positives but I really believe WC are a flakey team that we can do well against and
they may take us a bit easy and we can cause an upset.......you are right I must be a nutcase :P :-X,

Reply #73
Cheers GTC, look its a stretch looking for positives but I really believe WC are a flakey team that we can do well against and
they may take us a bit easy and we can cause an upset.......you are right I must be a nutcase :P :-X,

West Coast don't play well at the G....so we must be some kind of a chance. Maybe not half a chance, but a quarter of a chance?

Reply #74
West Coast don't play well at the G....so we must be some kind of a chance. Maybe not half a chance, but a quarter of a chance?

Thats probably the right odds....