Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Possibilities: AFL Rd 7: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #150
I have a feeling that Gibbons is ready for a breakout game. Found his spot and is adjusting to the tempo more every week.

Reply #151
I have read and heard he is a training and preparation beast, to the point where it was the cause of his back problems. He is now under control thanks to Jack Russell.

Yeah I got that impression from Bolt's prematch press conference.

Took some "maturing" to find the balance in how he prepares his body.

Several times late in the game last week he put in long sprints on the far side switch. Not just to provide an option but then after getting the mark/kick run on AGAIN to make himself the next option. You wouldn't think he was the guy playing his 3rd game in a couple of years.

Reply #152
I have a feeling that Gibbons is ready for a breakout game. Found his spot and is adjusting to the tempo more every week.

He did have 21 disposals, 6 marks and kicked a goal from the forward pocket against Dogs. Isn't he already "broken out" so to speak?

Reply #153
He did have 21 disposals, 6 marks and kicked a goal from the forward pocket against Dogs. Isn't he already "broken out" so to speak?

Serviceable?? Yes, Breakout ?? Not for me

BEST
Carlton: McKay, Cripps, Petrevski-Seton, Murphy, Simpson

Reply #154
We just have to win this one, otherwise, the media throng will once again turn their attention onto us for the coming week.

Prior to the injuries I was quite confident of success, now it is going to be harder again but sometimes through adversity, players rise to the challenge.

I'm really hoping for some of the lesser lights to play out of their skins.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #155
Angus Schumacher is the emergency for the main team which probably means no late change.

Reply #156
We just have to win this one, otherwise, the media throng will once again turn their attention onto us for the coming week.

Prior to the injuries I was quite confident of success, now it is going to be harder again but sometimes through adversity, players rise to the challenge.

I'm really hoping for some of the lesser lights to play out of their skins.

We've been able to replace them alot better than days gone by, so that's some help.

Reply #157

We're talking a "breakout", "breakout" game, not simply a "breakout" game...lol.

Reply #158
TC I reckon more than a tempo thing, it was coming to grips with structures/positioning and learning to work together H, Charlie and Gov.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #159
47 pt win, and our highest score in years.

Can't believe, considering their list and brave but ordinary form, that the Kangabies are faves... if I was into betting...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #160

Can't believe, considering their list and brave but ordinary form, that the Kangabies are faves... if I was into betting...
I wish I could share your confidence Baggers. If Kreuzer was playing I wouldnt be worried, with him is another story.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #161

Agree...this is a game we should win well, the Kangas have been woeful and dont have that much talent spread across the park and while Kreuzer is out
its not like Goldstein has been dominating either, tag Higgins and they dont have much left to worry us.

Reply #162
I wish I could share your confidence Baggers. If Kreuzer was playing I wouldnt be worried, with him is another story.

If we're a one man team, we are in much bigger trouble than anyone could imagine.

While Kreuzer out is a blow, their rucks, as EB1 said, are no great shakes.

Looking forward to seeing us kick 16+ goals.

Who is this Baggers person... phew, talk about deluded. More than an optimist... he's a dreamer... :)

Reply #163
Maggot bags are in the oven, tomato sauce on the coffee table, open fire roaring... yep, ready to watch us demolish the Kangabies. %.