Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn (Read 47284 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn

Reply #60
Read my words. Walls Isn’t  an advisor. He is an observer to report back to the board where he thinks we fall short in games. Why do you think he is so close to the coaching group, yet says nothing to influence the game day strategy. He is the Mole.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #61
Walls is a mentor, not a game day assistant coach. And if you watch closely when Doc is talking with BB on the boundary, he's being ignored (no acknowledgment)... a small thing, but maybe indicative. Had the Dishlickers not made so many errors last week we could easily be zip 6.

When you lead by 30pts at half time, you should never be in the situation where the last 2 seconds of the game is so critical.

Gotta take your hat off to Clarkson. Slowed us down in the second then took over in the 3rd, with a side that's not nearly as good as ours on paper... but experienced coaching / man management showed us how it's done.

Another 'brave' loss. This one should hurt more than the GCSs game.

How we respond to this will be telling.

The next few games will be telling indeed my Friend.  North > Pies > Giants > Saints > Bombers...If we are 1-10, then the Jungle Drums will be loud. This place will be rocking.
Keep the Faith

Reply #62
Read my words. Walls Isn’t  an advisor. He is an observer to report back to the board where he thinks we fall short in games. Why do you think he is so close to the coaching group, yet says nothing to influence the game day strategy. He is the Mole.

Hopefully, they recorded the half time happenings.

Did someone drug the players?  ???

Nothing else makes much sense!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
Walls is a mentor, not a game day assistant coach. And if you watch closely when Doc is talking with BB on the boundary, he's being ignored (no acknowledgment)... a small thing, but maybe indicative. Had the Dishlickers not made so many errors last week we could easily be zip 6.

When you lead by 30pts at half time, you should never be in the situation where the last 2 seconds of the game is so critical.

Gotta take your hat off to Clarkson. Slowed us down in the second then took over in the 3rd, with a side that's not nearly as good as ours on paper... but experienced coaching / man management showed us how it's done.

Another 'brave' loss. This one should hurt more than the GCSs game.

How we respond to this will be telling.

Part of this feels like a copy and paste from one of your other posts. Your bias is obvious. Even when we win, it's because the other coach stuffed it. Our list is good on paper and still developing, not experienced enough or match hardened.

There are plenty of teams that have come back from the dead after half time.

Reply #64

Come off it - were you watching him for the whole 4 quarters ? How do you know who he does and doesn't talk to ? He has stated publicly that he is a sounding board for the coaches - yes, he could be lying, but he could also be telling the truth.

Reply #65
Not an ordinary Hawks' outfit like that one....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #66
The coach is not the problem. This game was won and lost by players who are still leaning and gelling together. Rookie (and not so rookie) mistakes got us in the end.

You're grasping at straws PP old son. Read MMs article again. We were out-coached. There were a few players who stank the place up in the second half as there were Dawk's players who stank the place up in the first qtr. They adjusted and adapted. We fell away. Fortunately our first qtr was so good that we had a buffer that took a while to dismantle. Looked to me like we went into 'protect the lead' mode in the 2nd half... now why would we do that?

We know that you believe BB should be given as much time as he wants, regardless, but there are those in positions of influence within our club who expect more and sooner than another few years. You can be sure that BB is coaching for his job this year... and so it should be.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
The board doesn't need Wall's to tell them where we went wrong, they only need to look at this board.

Reply #68
Murphy out for next week! ...hopefully
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #69
Not an ordinary Hawks' outfit like that one....

By my count, 8 out of the 22 are multi premiership players, coached by a 4 time flag coach.

I wish we were that kind of ordinary.

Reply #70
Correct. Tag O'Meara and they've got nothing.
Rubbish. Don't hand over 4-5 goals inside 25m from mistakes and they dont win, simple. In the first half, he had 25 I think and we were still 5 goals up. He is not the reason they won, we handed the ball to them (virtually) in front of their goal. Unforgivable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
Come off it - were you watching him for the whole 4 quarters ? How do you know who he does and doesn't talk to ? He has stated publicly that he is a sounding board for the coaches - yes, he could be lying, but he could also be telling the truth.

...a mentor would not interfere on game day, his job would be to make notes and talk about them during the week...

Reply #73
Rubbish. Don't hand over 4-5 goals inside 25m from mistakes and they dont win, simple. In the first half, he had 25 I think and we were still 5 goals up. He is not the reason they won, we handed the ball to them (virtually) in front of their goal. Unforgivable.

Why would we be so competent by hand and foot in the first half then suddenly lose all composure and cough up so much ball and make so many errors in the second half?

Reply #74
You're grasping at straws PP old son. Read MMs article again. We were out-coached. There were a few players who stank the place up in the second half as there were Dawk's players who stank the place up in the first qtr. They adjusted and adapted. We fell away. Fortunately our first qtr was so good that we had a buffer that took a while to dismantle. Looked to me like we went into 'protect the lead' mode in the 2nd half... now why would we do that?

We know that you believe BB should be given as much time as he wants, regardless, but there are those in positions of influence within our club who expect more and sooner than another few years. You can be sure that BB is coaching for his job this year... and so it should be.

I believe the process should be allowed to play out, which IMO means no decision on the coach until the end of the 2020 season.

Every flag coach since 2000, except Matthews and Malthouse, have been home grown, and have been allowed the time and resources to develop. We need to grow our own, not look for the next messiah. If the board sack Bolton before the end of 2020, then they've learned nothing.