Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn (Read 47216 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 6: Carlton vs. Hawthorn

Reply #165
Why did they get a 50m penalty to put them right in front of goal yet SPS got an elbow to the head which apparently was reportable, but no 50m?

Why is H allowed to get his arms chopped continuously without ever getting a free?

Why was that guy allowed to walk into a better angle when he marked on the boundary line?

Why do they continuously get away with holding Cripps? Or land in our backs with no frees?

I knew we’d put in a crap quarter because we’ve done it every game, and it was the third. I assume it’s tiredness? I doubt the players think they’ve got it sewn up, I think they just can’t put 4 quarters together yet.

Of course there were some howlers and I hate that screwing little prick Clarko more than most, but gosh I saw the future and screw it looks bright. Thought Gibbo was really good, Dow did some good stuff, Fish flies at times, as does SPS but they’re not seasoned and tough yet, getting there. OB i thought was ok, H looks amazing at times.  Cas did good but also some not good.  Love Kruezer, always puts all in.

Really really pissed off with those howlers that gifted them goals SPS, Jones, Plow or March can’t remember which, just basic basic stuff- do NOT screw around in front of goals - get it out of there, push it over the line, do not flick it in front of goal ever!

Reply #166
Dude, all our coaches since 2000, whether they are rookies or premiership winners, have entered the the Carlton Coach Killer Vortex™ and come out looking sh1t. Pagan 2 flags, MM 3 flags..........As I've said elsewhere, it takes real skill, effort and dedication to do that time and time again.

Mav was right.
;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #167
If someone shows me a video showing the lads' drinks being spiked at half time, I'll apologise to Bolts.

Otherwise, he needs to apologise to me.

I'm sick of my team being a (complete) joke. And that's what they were come siren time today, sadly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #169

Really really pissed off with those howlers that gifted them goals SPS, Jones, Plow or March can’t remember which, just basic basic stuff- do NOT screw around in front of goals - get it out of there, push it over the line, do not flick it in front of goal ever!
All guilty as charged. Add LOB to the list.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #171
Careful Micky, if you play whistleblower, the club will get fined....free kick Hawthorn.

Among the litany of questionable decisions the one that got me was SPS getting nailed with the forearm -  it was a clear, and absolutely no discussion required report and 50 metre penalty..... crickets.  That umpire should have a case to answer for, if they don't know the %$^^&ing rules they should expect to be dropped and bloody well made to learn them.

At the very least I'd expect a please explain from the club to the AFL to clarify the situation on this one.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #172
Why did they get a 50m penalty to put them right in front of goal yet SPS got an elbow to the head which apparently was reportable, but no 50m?

Why is H allowed to get his arms chopped continuously without ever getting a free?

Why was that guy allowed to walk into a better angle when he marked on the boundary line?

Why do they continuously get away with holding Cripps? Or land in our backs with no frees?

You're right Micky, but that is not the reason for the capitulation?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #173
Careful Micky, if you play whistleblower, the club will get fined....free kick Hawthorn.

Among the litany of questionable decisions the one that got me was SPS getting nailed with the forearm -  it was a clear, and absolutely no discussion required report and 50 metre penalty..... crickets.  That umpire should have a case to answer for, if they don't know the %$^^&ing rules they should expect to be dropped and bloody well made to learn them.

At the very least I'd expect a please explain from the club to the AFL to clarify the situation on this one.

He was reported. Umpire said so at the time.

Reply #174
You're right Micky, but that is not the reason for the capitulation?
Not the reason for coming back from Half time asleep but certainly helped hawks get momentum and a side of seasoned players together with another 3 screwing champions they’ve gotten in Scully, OMeara and Wingard meant they got a sniff and knew how to not let that go - even tho we got very close at pinching it.

Free kick count in Q3 was 8-1 or something - they got every 50/50 and plenty of 10/90! We got screw all until the 4th quarter and even then it was 2 in the middle of the ground!

Reply #175
BT highlighted how that hawk moved closer and to a better angle while Eleni was sorting our player out - what are the other umps watching and Murphy was watching him - Why didn’t he say something? I’m so ducking sick of watching teams like these pricks with their sniper coach, cheating and stepping forward or moving to better angles or all those little things, and we just sit there and watch it happen. So bloody frustarting! Where are our whinging players to question things?!

Reply #176
How could I forget another positive - Cunningham ????????

Reply #177
Thats true but I'd argue we need to do similar to the opposing teams best player/s but dont and its cost us games...why do premiership winning coaches employ the
tactic and we dont? I know there is trade off between development vs wins but in a 4th year of a rebuild I'd be leaning towards winning the game.
It drives me nuts each week how we just hand out BOG's to players who never had an opponent...

I get that Elwood. I'm sure the coaches have their reasons. Don't think for a minute that they don't notice the bloke getting the most possies. They surely do. But most coaches, not just Bolts, are reluctant to run full time taggers. I've seen pressers with Buckley, Bolton, and others where they give their reasons, as I've discussed elsewhere.

Reply #178

I just skimmed through the rules very quickly, I dont believe a 50m penalty automatically applies when a report is made. I'll stand corrected if I missed it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #179
BT highlighted how that hawk moved closer and to a better angle while Eleni was sorting our player out - what are the other umps watching and Murphy was watching him - Why didn’t he say something? I’m so ducking sick of watching teams like these pricks with their sniper coach, cheating and stepping forward or moving to better angles or all those little things, and we just sit there and watch it happen. So bloody frustarting! Where are our whinging players to question things?!

That's it - make some noise - they're all too nice...like Bolts.
Finals, then 4 in a row!