Skip to main content
Topic: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game (Read 29886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #30
Hard to watch but wasn't surprised.
Simmo tried hard all night
Ed shutdown Selwood
Menzel chimed in with 4

Throw the rest, including the coach, in really deep hole and back fill it.

Prepare for a smashing in the media and smashing on the field next week #lifeasacarltonfcfan
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
Just when I thought I couldn't lose any more respect ... Cameron Ling comes out and says:

1) Selwood doesn't duck - he just bends his knees and shrugs his shoulder.
2) It should be a free kick if a tagger has eyes for his opponent rather than the ball.

WTF?!?  Well, if that's the case Lingy, then HOW BLOODY GOOD ARE DIESEL AND JUDDY? Played their whole careers against idiots who wouldn't know what a football looked like and still won 5 Brownlow's between them. Yes, 5 - I'M TALKING TO YOU RUSSO.

Bending at the knees is lowering yourself. Lowering yourself is ducking and playing for a free. Didn't we love how Wood smashed him!!!

Re: after match

Reply #32
Listening to Trigg on Fox and he instills very little confidence or certainty.  Still banging on that they will assess the coaches roles in the back half of the year.  By the there will be no members and the no one turning up to game.

Stevo is san idiot, the obvious question to Triggs comment of waiting til the 2nd half of the year is "Can you afford to wait that long?"

I would have loved to have heard an answer to that question!

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #33
Bending at the knees is lowering yourself. Lowering yourself is ducking and playing for a free. Didn't we love how Wood smashed him!!!
Yes I particularly enjoyed the 100m penalty and goal, highlight of my night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #34

Bl00dy fantastic. If you're gonna go down, at least go down fighting. Umpiring was bewildering all night.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #35
Iaj. He does another clever thing if you watch him close. He lets the tackle around the outside of his triceps, and then lift hard with his right arm. This makes your arm slip up over the shoulder and directly around his neck. Watch his next time he plays. Its very clever because he has good core strength and upper body strength. Doesn't collapse and fall to ground unless he is dragged down.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #36
Yes I particularly enjoyed the 100m penalty and goal, highlight of my night.

Yes, that was sooooooo worth the penalty and the goal!

Reply #37
I tipped the cats by 70....was 7 off.  :(

Reply #38
Worst team i have seen pull on the jumper. Worst because they are playing with so little commitment.  Even the retreads of the Pagan years seemed to put in more.

The lack of tackles tonight stood out the most. Just dreadful and the major reason the geelong middle sailed the ball end to end so many times. Less than 40 tackles in a game is disgraceful. Little pressure meant that geelong at times lapsed to allow us some easy ball. Of course we coughed it up without a wimper. The terrible kicking mjst be a running joke across other teams now, who play with confidence that they will win the footy back so easily.

The few good players were Curnow who did a decent job on Selwood and managed to get some touches himself. Reward for commitment. Simpson was courageous,  especially early. Menzal played well, although 4 goals flattered. Other players that did ok were Docherty,  Tutt and Murphy in patches. Wood tried hard, but while we fans like to see Selwood knocked about, Wood gave away a dumb 50m penalty. Yarran gave us some run, and Buckly did ok when he came on but the game was well over.

Umpiring was deadset ordinary tonight.  The quality of the ball ups and throw ins was average and should be better. The advantage rule was mangled again, to the detriment of the game.

Supporting this mob is hard work, and there was nothing to get excited about tonight, just nothing, except to know we are a game closer to the end of the season.

Reply #39
Can someone please explain to me why, for the 2nd time this month, when a midfielder has been a late withdrawal, Mick brings in a lumbering dinosaur of a ruckman in his place? Seriously - has this ever been explained by Mick? It's as bad a team selection as I've ever seen and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....wtf is he thinking? What it does do is render Casboult utterly useless, as Casboult is not a natural footballer & doesn't play the role of a forward well enough or smart enough - but if he's got the secondary ruckman role, he instantly becomes much more relevant to the team. Words fail me at Warnock's inclusion......

I'm not having a go at him per se, but geez, I thought Cripps was hugely disappointing tonight.

Menzel may have kicked 4 - but it should've been 6 or 7, his kicking is highly suspect & his pre-kick at goal routine is ridiculous & clearly does not help.

What was Gibbs' injury?

Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #40
Nothing to say here.....

Better board for longer time

Top quality president ceo footy ops coach recruiter list management reserves development than carlton for over 15 years.

That's why we lost tonight....

Reply #41
What was Gibbs' injury?
Hurt his back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Nothing to say here.....

But then you did ;) :P
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
Thought Gibbs may have hurt his foot the way his was scuffing every kick in the 3rd..... :P

Btw - for all those who were there....how flat was the crowd tonight? Wow it was subdued.....was as if the crowd turned up expecting exactly what played out, two teams just going through the motions as the inevitable unfolded to script. We are a truly pitiful football team right now, there is nothing. My Club embarrasses me....that is all.
Football is life, there is nothing else....