Skip to main content
Topic: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game (Read 29879 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: after match

Reply #45
Jesus Christ couldn't coach that mob to a win.

We are totally bereft of talent.

The only player at that club for whom I have got time and believe, provided he stays, has a future, is Patrick Cripps.

There is not one other player there that I can say is the future of this club.

How about we all be really honest here.

Walker, at the end of his career, gone.

Menzel, has ability, but turns the ball over time and again.

Got 4 cheap goals tonight. is injury prone and a decent knock and he's gone.

Murphy, without doubt, the weakest most uninspiring captain in the game. can't kick more than 40 metres and needs a gale behind him to do it. Turns the ball over time and again. Can't build a future around him.

Gibbs, the less I say the better,, and unless we get rid of him, will have to put up with the princess fort another four and a half years. can't build a future around him.

Judd, playing one year too many. great champion, but gone from a future point of view.

Simpson, plays his heart out Is at the end of his career, so can't build a future around him.

Buckley, tries hard, but is another who lacks the ability to pinpoint a pass. Is light on, and I was hoping he could be another Simpson and take over his mantle,. the jury is out.

Cripps, see above.

Warnock,  tries hard, but will be delisted at years end.

Boekhorst, they were kidding, weren't they?

Liam Jones, can take a mark, but can't kick to save his life. Just not good enough.

Sam Docherty, getting better, trying hard, but kicks terribly and is responsible for turning the ball over far too often. Must improve that part of his game because he's killing us.

Sam Rowe, watched him very closely tonight. An absolute hack. Mick said that he's been the best down in defence. The ball has been going down there that often, that he's bound to get some touches, but I saw him walk towards a contested ball that was no more than two metres away from him. No other club in the league would play him.

Kristian Jaksch needs to put on weight. Can't match it with the stronger forwards. At the moment, not good enough.

Mark Whiley, too slow, huge disappointment to me thus far.

Dennis Armfield, does three good things a game, then buggers up ten times. been the same for years. No future at the Club.

Tom Bell, tries hard, lacks pace, no Kouta, never will be. Field kicking is terrible.

Nick Graham, doesn't get a full game because he's too slow, and can't match it at AFL level. Is a two's player only. Another great pick.

Everitt. Like a boarding house cup of tea, big and weak. Looks like he's tossed the towel in.

Ed Curnow, a player with limited ability, who makes the most of it. Trys hard, but lacks pace.

Cameron Wood. A plodder.

Dale Thomas, playing half fit and injured, only about 40 % of his former self. A terrible decision to draft him knowing that he had a complete foot reconstruction.

Levi, can take a mark. Can take a mark. Can take a mark. That's where it begins and ends. Too one dimensional.

Zach Tuohy, overrated by many at the club. Can't kick left foot, and can't think to save his l
life. wasn't brought up with the game, and it shows.

David Ellard. Puulease!!

Ciaran Byrne, hopefully, when he's over his injury, will show us that he CAN be a player of the future.

Mathew Dick. Surname says it all.

Tom Fields, hasn't had a game so don't know yet. Doing O.K. in the two's but that means nothing at AFL Senior level.

Jayden Foster, who knows.

Cameron Giles, got a navicular issue, might never play.

Billy Gowers who knows.

Lachie Henderson, gone next year unless my mail is wrong. Too injury prone, anyway so won't be huge loss.

Michael Jamieson,  shoulders are stuffed and so is he.

Blaine Johnson, average.

Mathew Kruezer, out of contract, gets sore very easily. Huge issue for the club whether or not they resign him. Probably will but he's a risk.

Fraser Russel can't say so who knows.

Ciaran Sheehan, had a hip operation, hope he comes up next year, but may not.

Clem Smith, fast, but at this point in time that's where it begins and ends.

Jason Tutt  thought he was quick. He isn't and he can't tackle to save his life.

Vojo rainbow, hasn't played a game in the seniors so don't know.

Brad Walsh, playing great footy in the two's can that translate to the seniors? nedd to wait till next year.

Mathew Watson, please go, Mathew.

Simon White. Too injury prone, can't match it with the big bodied forwards.

Chris Yarran, playing angry, giving away frees, excellent trade bait.

Now, combine that with an inability to hit a target because they have deplorable kicking skills, the inability to tackle, the inability to kick straight when 30 metres directly in front of goal, a total lack of pace in the whole team, a total lack of ability to think and make the right choices during a game, it is fair to say that we are a complete rabble, and that the future is completely bleak.
 :( :( :(

Re: Geelong Predictably Smash the Blues - Post Game

Reply #46
screw that was awful
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #47
screw that was awful

Should you start the 'Swans Obliterate Carlton' thread or should I?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #48
Thought we would go down by 100+ and probably would have if Geelong didn't play so badly. Swans next week will absolutely obliterate us. Only highlights for me was Simmo's form and the fact that we played man on man football all night. What a breath of fresh air. I'd rather that for he rest of the year than the tripe we've been dishing up.
Warnock in again??? WTF. Will we never learn? 

Reply #49
Swans are likely to lose against the Hawks, which will mean they will be looking to revenge the result with some hurt against us next week. This is only a guess at best but we could go down by more than 20 goals next week. Wouldn't that just rock the club. It would leave us with one supporter for the following game against Adelaide at the MCG. Mick by himself with not even one assistant turning up. Is it possible we could get our percentage below 50%. No point in keeping an eye on winning points. It will stay at 4 for a while by the look of things. Get the knife out and the block of pine.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #50
I know we were short of troops but White on KP talls doesnt work and he got lucky Hawkins didnt kick well.....when Henderson and Jamison didnt come up one of Jaksch or Watson or both had to play. Its the same old Carlton sending undersized players to bigger players and then being carved up.
Why Warnock was included I dont know....Geelong dont care about the hitouts so much they just back there mids to win the contests and prefer to have their followers in Blicavs and Stanley run all over the ground and get involved in general play..

Three lumbering rucks in a night game doesnt work and I dont get our structure or planning at all...

Simpson..one of our better players on the night, got tired though and ended the night with that horror screwed kick that went backwards...
Rowe....didnt do a lot a lot but either did Clark IMO so it was probably job done...Clark looked listless like his mind was somewhere else and his depression
is still holding him back..

White...sold by the coach into trouble vs Hawkins and was outmuscled but kept on keeping on even though he new the task was hopeless.
Touhy..useless....turnover merchant , predictable and should be dropped, his kicking is overhyped and I saw him turn away from an oncoming opposing player when he should have tackled him and he just doesnt care enough IMO..

Docherty..not as good as in previous weeks but steady with the ball...

Armfield...A for effort, beat Motlop but also turned the ball over when he had it...

Everitt..not sure if had Murdoch but I wasnt impressed by his general play at all..

Judd...Guthrie had his measure again and I reckon Juddy might be glad to trade jumpers with Guthrie and not play on him again..

Cripps.....some good work at the coalface by hand but doesnt kick the ball enough and can sell teammates into trouble because he lacks confidence by foot...his opposite number in Caddy really hurt us and Cripps has to do better when his man has the footy...

Gibbs..injured

Murphy...not a great game and his possies didnt hurt the Cats..the big bodied mids really hurt Murph and he doesnt have the pace to get away anymore and
most of his kicks are under pressure.

Menzel...4 goals, a few misses, stats looked good on paper but there is a casual laconic approach much like Everitt that doesnt grab me.....better tonight than last time  but you just knohe can do better with more application...

Curnow...a winner vs Selwood, got under his skin, worked him over and did his job..

Wood.....no Dean Cox but for a rookie upgrade he has a go and both him and Warnock controlled the taps, got his usuall clearances and showed some fight when he roughed up Selwood and I'll give him a pass tonight because he did try...

Warnock..some good ruckwork but not much else...

Casboult....nada, zilch, zero...no output from the Boult at all...

Jones....some effort here and there but he looks raw in terms of awareness, delivery and nous...threw himself around and got the odd mark but is no real threat on goal
and his kicking isnt much better than Casboults...and with your two KP Forwards unable to convert you wont win many games..

Tutt...Very good in the first half but faded..to his credit he can deliver the footy but is no Eddie Betts in terms of class or nous.. he did try but his lack of size and strength
count against him when tackling, marking etc....

Bell...didnt make many mistakes and is learning but seemed subdued tonight.....

Buckley....added some life when he came on as the sub....did ok.

Yarran.....some classy stuff but also went missing and seems grumpy with umps and makes a few bad mistakes through his temper...

Daisy...good early but then nothing for the rest of the game...looked slow and unfit....and fed up, probably carrying another injury and looks on the way out with too many injuries IMO...

Reply #51
Good summary EB :D

The media seem to be showing lots of vision of the president and his merry men in the stand last night.
They're giving it the Gladiator treatment

Marcus LoGiudice Commodus and his Praetorian guard sitting in the stand plotting the demise of the old general/Gladiatior Mickus

Reply #52
Well, who is going to admit they were wrong?
The club has backed itself into the corner by saying MM is going full term as has MM.
Someone has to short circuit this absurd situation.
As members what are we allowed to do?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #54
Should you start the 'Swans Obliterate Carlton' thread or should I?

Don't want to upset anybody Brettie.

It was like watching the Washington Generals play the Globetrotters last night.
Kicks in the full, flour bags off the side of the boot, kicking into teammates, missed tackles, dropped marks, set shots not even hitting the goals or the points.

It was watching it live that I truly appreciated how awful we are. And undersized. The Geelong mids of Guthrie, Murdoch, Caddy etc just waltzed through us. Comments from guys who supported either team noticed how undersized our players were.

It was just embarrassing. I don't remember being this bad in 2005/6??
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Re: after match

Reply #55
@bignic
An excellent summation, very accurate. SOS has some task hasn't he? So there will be another massive turnover this year and for the next 1-2 years after that. That means we are stuck with some of the spuds mentioned above, who are the best of a bad lot? Its gonna hurt for some time. Thry said on another thread things will improve, not with this lot it won't.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56
The two standout items for me are:
1. Our laziness and lack of will to attack the man with the footy. ALL of our blokes at best make half assed attempts to chase and tackle. Its embarrassing.
2. And my biggest pet hate is the way the defenders (term used extremely loosely) play. Now I realise they are under siege 99% of the time but FFS can they watch the footy coming in and use peripheral vision or the odd glance to work out where their opponent is? Its seriously laughable. They get cought out of position 9 times out of 10 because of this one error they continually make. Do the coaches not tell them? I feel like going to the defensive coach and punching him in the head. And every one of them do it, seriously!!! Is it a confidence thing?
Either way, I sick to death of finding excuses for these blokes. They just aren't up to AFL standard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #57
It was watching it live that I truly appreciated how awful we are. And undersized. The Geelong mids of Guthrie, Murdoch, Caddy etc just waltzed through us. Comments from guys who supported either team noticed how undersized our players were.

That came through on the TV too.
There were a couple of lowlights that stuck in my mind.

The ball was going into the Geelong forward line at one stage and there was a wide shot. All  our guys were manned up pretty well but they all seemed about 30cm smaller than their opponents.
I thought of Derek Zoolander at the time...This was a defence of ants :(

Towards the end of the game Buckley was going forward and there was no options ahead of him.
Our guys were in one on ones, but they all kept moving slowly back towards the goal....their Geelong opponents content to just stay close and keep between them and the ball.
No-one thought to move sideways to create an option, to lead up or to try and get some separation.
I think in the end (after looking up for a lead a couple of times) he just kicked it to a contest and the ball was turned over.

Reply #58
Wonder if Selwood will get looked at for that elbow to Curnows head and the scragg at the face when he was running off the field. DOG acts of the Hodge kind.
Wood should get a medal for what he did to Selwood, but I like it when the cats player dragged Wood off Selwood and Wood inadvertently kicked Selwood in the head.  Dog, oh already said that.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #59
Wonder if Selwood will get looked at for that elbow to Curnows head and the scragg at the face when he was running off the field. DOG acts of the Hodge kind.
Wood should get a medal for what he did to Selwood, but I like it when the cats player dragged Wood off Selwood and Wood inadvertently kicked Selwood in the head.  Dog, oh already said that.
Dont understand the hate for Selwood TBH. Gun footballer, inspirational leader at such a young age, hard at it, knows how to milk a free, kicks goals when they are needed and we picked Gibbs instead. Yeah I hate him also. ::)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th