Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 35324 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #105
Surely Gibbo should be axed this week, hasn't added to the goal tally which is his spot currently, why hasn't he had mins in the midfield? Who replaces him? poulsen? Don't think so, we don't really have a small forward who scores, Wright in the last few yrs was the best option,

Problem I see is that Gibbons isn't a small forward. He's a small mid. Play him in position and see what he brings. Without someone like Pickett (who I think could improve defensively and be a headache) or ??LeBois improving, I'd try Murphy. We seem without many options there. Polson is good defensively but doesn't pressure the scoreboard. I guess, although not small, JSOS might be a good option.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #106
Ironically, the only one showing any passion is Daisy imo,

Loved how he was 1 on 1 on Sexton in the backline. Stood there and watching him run for the ball, collect it and snap it over daisy's head.

Reply #107
I saw no passion, intensity or spirit for the game from numerous players who have been gifted games not earning them. Played like a bunch of kids who have won junior b&fs but now it’s tough panic and can’t kick or handball
This is probably our biggest issue.
We don’t try.
No intensity to win the ball like it’s a matter of life and death. (Except Cripps)
No chasing hard to the last metre to pressure the kicker. How often do you see someone jog towards an opponent to look they are applying pressure but not really going hard?
No pushing back harder than our opponents.
No busting a gut to burst through the midfield to set things up.

If we look like losing next week we should start a fight. All in brawl. Just to see who stands together and who sits out.

Reply #108
God we miss Doc.

We miss Kreuzer, Cunningham and Willo but God we miss Doc.

Reply #109
Dumb have no idea how play or how to win getting a big joke 

Reply #110
Problem I see is that Gibbons isn't a small forward. He's a small mid.

Gibbon's not an AFL mid, not by a long way, the tell is he can't win one on ones inside F50!

AFL defenders should fear being one on one deep in the scoring zone against an AFL mid, the defenders dispose of Gibbons way too easily!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #111
We played 2 patches of good footy - 10mins at the start of the 2nd and 10 mins at the start of the third. In that time we kicked 5 of our 8 goals. For the other 60mins it was largely a mess of skill errors and lack of poise. We have so many dumb footballers and have done for years and years. When the pressure came on in the last quarter we wilted as we always do.

I can't see how Bolton can keep his job next year. 4 games in and we are rock bottom on the ladder again. You can't sugar coat the fact that we can't score, and cant play anything more than the 10-15 mins of AFL standard football before we start to look like a VFL team.

Here a great stat from today - they had 96 marks in total for the day. 71 of those came from our kicks. 3 out of 4 of their marks came from intercepts!

Who is responsible for player skills? Who is our skills coach? Who is the boss of our skills coach (ultimately responsible)?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #112
Problem I see is that Gibbons isn't a small forward. He's a small mid. Play him in position and see what he brings. Without someone like Pickett (who I think could improve defensively and be a headache) or ??LeBois improving, I'd try Murphy. We seem without many options there. Polson is good defensively but doesn't pressure the scoreboard. I guess, although not small, JSOS might be a good option.
Yep, we took the best midfielder from the vfl and turned him into nothing.

Problem is we can’t run a midfield of ed, Murphy, Gibbons, Fisher and SPS. It’s too small in the modern game.

With Pickett out we probably have to resort to Fasolo and Garlett as our small forwards. Then go to the mid year draft and take whoever is doing best in the state leagues.

Though we may also need a running half back if Williamson doesn’t come good by then.

Reply #113
Bolton is responsible. Might not be his fault but he is responsible. His time is up.

Need to look to the future before we burn another generation of first round picks.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #114
Then Bolton get a 1 week reprieve, until the next loss, and then it's on again. Both teams were shocking. Is Dew also a problem ?

He has 3 wins thus far in 2019, way better than our entire 2018. His side is improving. So I'm guessing, not.

Reply #115
Bolton is responsible. Might not be his fault but he is responsible. His time is up.

Need to look to the future before we burn another generation of first round picks.

Mick Malthouse is not coming back, not matter what!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
Yep we were deplorable. 

I still don't see how the coach is at fault for our entire team kicking it to Gibbons in one on one contests in forward 50.

Before anyone says otherwise, even superman cripps did it, when he had weitering standing right next to him in case of a hand off.

Obviously an instruction... or there is no instruction. If your side cannot and do not play united footy, consistently, who do you ask questions of?

Reply #117
Mick Malthouse is not coming back, not matter what!

Could you imagine this forum if Mick had Bolton's record?

We should just stop stuffing around and open our wallets and get the best coach in the AFL.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #118
Loved how he was 1 on 1 on Sexton in the backline. Stood there and watching him run for the ball, collect it and snap it over daisy's head.

Easy to pick on individual incidents and every one of our players were making mistakes right left and centre. I think the one you refer to was quite late in the game when everyone was pretty much spent anyway. As I said, I am not promoting Daisy as one of our best performers - he also makes mistakes in the overall chaos of our so-called game plan. He, though, shows a helluva a lot more passion and effort than most if not all of the rest of our team, aside from Cripps, who seem indifferent. That is a massive worry imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #119
People laughed at my post a while back when I said Weitering should be our captain long term, yet I stand by that because long term he is our version of Tom Harley.

If Weitering was captain his efforts to get lose within range of goal would be respected!

Cripps game and the game of players around him won't change, captain or not!

Cripps was the easy and obvious pick, but was he the smart pick?
The Force Awakens!