Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 34752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #120
People laughed at my post a while back when I said Weitering should be our captain long term, yet I stand by that because long term he is our version of Tom Harley.
if it wasnt for Weiters and Jones, I would guess our losses would have alot heavier.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
Easy to pick on individual incidents and every one of our players were making mistakes right left and centre. I think the one you refer to was quite late in the game when everyone was pretty much spent anyway. As I said, I am not promoting Daisy as one of our best performers - he also makes mistakes in the overall chaos of our so-called game plan. He, though, shows a helluva a lot more passion and effort than most if not all of the rest of our team, aside from Cripps, who seem indifferent. That is a massive worry imo.

I thought Weitering and Jones should quite a lot today.
Very happy with their passion and intensity and I have been no fan of Jones in the past.

Reply #122
Bolton is responsible. Might not be his fault but he is responsible. His time is up.

Need to look to the future before we burn another generation of first round picks.

What's your solution ?

Reply #123
People laughed at my post a while back when I said Weitering should be our captain long term, yet I stand by that because long term he is our version of Tom Harley.

If Weitering was captain his efforts to get lose within range of goal would be respected!

Cripps game and the game of players around him won't change, captain or not!

Cripps was the easy and obvious pick, but was he the smart pick?

Weiters is really coming of age, showing everything you'd hope to see from a young man in a KP role. If he can develop, and Liam Jones can be transformed, surely others can take their game to the next level. If a few do so this year, we'll get over the line. Charlie is one I expect to pick up soon.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #124
Ironically, the only one showing any passion is Daisy imo,

Ironic?

I've probably been Daisy's bandwagon #1 ticket holder since the day he was recruited....and reason being was because he would show the rest of our rabble how to go about it, continually.

It was never about how good of a player he was/is/will be, it was about effort, brains and work rate. He has been to the top of the tree and knows whats required to get there. We cannot say the same of any other player on the list.

We need more daisy types on the list, and we'll 'magically' improve.

Reply #125
0-4.....Groundhog Day  ::) ::) ::)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #126
God we miss Doc.

We miss Kreuzer, Cunningham and Willo but God we miss Doc.

I’m interested in the ‘love’ for Cunningham. If we are depending on his return, I’d be worried. Yet to show any consistency over a sustained period. Could be ok, but by no means a walk up selection lock.

Reply #127
It takes an extraordinary talented football team to find so many ways to lose, to snatch so often defeat from the jaws of victory.

Be interesting to see Juddy (who is BBs boss) mock, snide and deride honest questions about how a seemingly talented group of players can be so rudderless and deeply fragmented.

Sad fact is that very few supporters are actually surprised by today's monumental cock-up.

Well, there is only one side in the competition, winless. No hiding now. No getting off lightly.

But BB does continue to deliver on his brief to eliminate hidings, keeping losses to a minimum.

Even a pack of amateurs can put clumsy pressure on us and we fold.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #128

If Weitering was captain his efforts to get lose within range of goal would be respected!

What are you talking about. Why shouldn't Cripps be Captain?

Weiters? Well on last year's form he was lucky to get a  game!

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129
Cripps, Weitering and Walsh led the way today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130
Jones was brilliant too.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #131

Looked like Weitering was giving a pep talk in the huddle on the ground after the final siren.

Reply #132
Other than Kreuzer and Jack very few are pressing their case for selection, so there's not much that we can do.
'
changes this week
Omitted - Lobbe, Ed Curnow (tries hard but disposal and decison making is so bad that he's costing us 4-5 goals a game)
In - Kreuzer, Silvagni

positional changes to consider
- Murphy, Silvagni Forward
- O'Brien Half Back
- Gibbons, C Curnow into the midfield
- Kreuzer and Cas to share ruck

Reply #133
So last week people start calling for Boltons head because, despite more scoring shots than the opposition, we lose.
This week people continue to call for his head because we were leading the game for 80+ minutes and lost it in the last 30 seconds.

These are the same people that want to see effort and improvement.
The same people that point to our % as a measure of performance.

So many simple decisions and non-decisions that could have worked for us, but ultimately worked against us, cost us the game.....and Bolton cops all the flack.

I've just read 9 pages of this and not a single person has questioned murphys dribble kick into the goal square (with players in the square) with only seconds left on the clock, and ball 30m out from goal.

Why would you not kick it UP at goal FFS! That is a 250+ game player who did that off his own bat, and no amount of coaching from Bolton or anyone else would've changed that instinct from Murph in that moment.

I know emotions are high at the moment, but f*** me i can't stand reading these pages at present. This kind of blind hatred is going to get Bolton sacked, and set the club back years again. Then 5-10 years from now we'll start pining for Bolts to come back in the same way we are doing for Ratts now.

Cmon people. WE are the problem as much as anything that happens on match day. We put the pressure on the club powerbrokers along with the media that ultimately lead us to make emotive decisions, that end up setting the club back.

Reply #134
So last week people start calling for Boltons head because, despite more scoring shots than the opposition, we lose.
This week people continue to call for his head because we were leading the game for 80+ minutes and lost it in the last 30 seconds.

These are the same people that want to see effort and improvement.
The same people that point to our % as a measure of performance.

So many simple decisions and non-decisions that could have worked for us, but ultimately worked against us, cost us the game.....and Bolton cops all the flack.

I've just read 9 pages of this and not a single person has questioned murphys dribble kick into the goal square (with players in the square) with only seconds left on the clock, and ball 30m out from goal.

Why would you not kick it UP at goal FFS! That is a 250+ game player who did that off his own bat, and no amount of coaching from Bolton or anyone else would've changed that instinct from Murph in that moment.

I know emotions are high at the moment, but f*** me i can't stand reading these pages at present. This kind of blind hatred is going to get Bolton sacked, and set the club back years again. Then 5-10 years from now we'll start pining for Bolts to come back in the same way we are doing for Ratts now.

Cmon people. WE are the problem as much as anything that happens on match day. We put the pressure on the club powerbrokers along with the media that ultimately lead us to make emotive decisions, that end up setting the club back.

I agree with this, changing the coach wont achieve a thing.

We probably would want to shelve the filming of "the journey" though