Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #195
@bigblue
Well said brother! It's our development and culture that has created such a poor situation. The change is happening but there is always darkness before the dawn. Lets be patient.

Reply #196
@bigblue
Well said brother! It's our development and culture that has created such a poor situation. The change is happening but there is always darkness before the dawn. Lets be patient.

The people who drive the leadership and the development at the highest level, the ones who put us in this mess are the ones driving the change. You have more faith than me

Reply #197
17 posses from Cripps is pretty good - anyone see him up close?

Flattered him - don't get sucked-in by a stat count, he looks as slow as the Queen Mary. No better than any of his spud teammates.

Not one player deserves a semblance of credit out there today......no, I tell a lie, I'd give a half ounce to Yarran & Simmo. That is all.

Surely our illustrious, over-governed Board has to make a decision.....HAS to.....today was a defining moment. All the talk coming out of the Club all week....Sticks, Macca, Mick, Murphy, anyone who had a microphone shoved in front of them, was that last week was unacceptable & that a performance like that won't happen again....blah, blah-fcking, blah - well guess what? It happened again & this time it's worse.....much, much worse.

I cannot remember a worst captain of our Football Club either in my lifetime or via any reputation from before I was born. Marc Murphy is officially a laughing stock of the AFL right now....he absolutely is.

Last week I was embarrassed....this week I was ashamed. When was the last time our players were booed by our own supporters? It happened today at 3/4 time & it was fully deserved....AND it didn't change a thing in the psyche playing group in the last quarter, as yet more rubbish-football was produced.

Apart from the obsession with the boundary line, I have absolutely no idea what our gameplan is.....and no-one can tell me they do from what they've seen this year. We get the ball across half-back & simply go sideways every single fcking time across to the other flank, then have nothing to kick to. If, by miracle, we do get a possession forward of centre, we have absolutely nothing to kick to.

We simply don't have enough players on our list to replace all of the never-to-play-again muppets we've got clogging up our list. Curnow finishing 4th in our B&F last year is a serious indictment on this list, as he is a complete & utter hack with the ball in his hands.

Sam Rowe: you coming back from cancer is a great story but you can't play for crap. Lachie Henderson reverted back to 'bad Lachie' today....the hopeless Lachie of 3 years ago. Warnock is a useless piece of crap around the ground. I can't wait for Gibbs to fcuk off back to Adelaide. We gave James Frawley every reason NOT to want to even entertain the thought of coming to Carlton no matter how much we might've been prepared to offer him. Kane Lucas is simply a horrible footballer, Zach Tuohy can catch the next Air Lingus flight back to Ireland for all I care, Davey Ellard has a crack but he's just not good enough, Carrazzo is as ineffective as he's ever been, I thought I was watching Everitt in his Bulldog days today, Jamo was a sch!t-truck, Scotland got worse as the game wore on, Casboult isn't & never will be the answer, whilst Walker played possibly his worst ever game.

There are absolutely zero positives to come from this result.....except that it is now officially clear, that the playing group & the coach are worlds apart.

Fancy the Club saying that there was a meeting during the week with the players to confirm they were all onboard with Mick's gameplan, only for Mick to come out and refute any such meeting took place? Are you fcking kidding me!?!?!? Classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing = rabble.

So - what do we do from here? This is as low as I've felt as a Carlton supporter in recent memory. This Club does not deserve our support right now....it doesn't. It won't happen, but I'd love next weekend's game to be devoid of Carlton support, as a protest en masse against the coach, the President, the players, the whole damn sorry excuse for a Football Club. You show us you give a crap & we'll do the same....

Wow.....this has really got me rattled. To produce that after what we produced last week.....wow......

Agree with every word of this..

Re Cripps

From the minute he was run down with his first touch he looked slow. A bit like our whole team. Slow.
Had no urgency what so ever for a first gamer. But has to play every game from here on in.

Mark Murphy was being booed flat out on the southern stand wing in the last quarter and it was
sad when my kids asked " Why are they booing him Dad ? "

Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #198
Cripps lacks a yard and so does Graham...the latter has more of a problem because Cripps can get away with it due to his size. I think its more of a case with both they need to adjust to the pace of the game and get better awareness so lets give them some time to settle in and I have the feeling in Cripps case he needs the master in Judd on the field to give him that extra tuition  but I have faith he will be a player and was happy with his first up efforts in terms of being to compete with senior players..

Graham needs to brush up his kicking but I gave him points for tackling big Jake Spencer  and bringing him down...shows he has some body strength and is capable in terms of tackling and being defensive.

I'm all for playing Holman sooner than later and getting our new midfield operating as a group and would also put Buckley in that mix .

Reply #199
If we expect Holman, Cripps and Graham to be the core of our future midfield....  those three lack nothing for desire and have the right attitude but they ain't exactly silk Elwood.  Need to add some serious blue chip ball users and pace to fill out that group.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #200
If we expect Holman, Cripps and Graham to be the core of our future midfield....  those three lack nothing for desire and have the right attitude but they ain't exactly silk Elwood.  Need to add some serious blue chip ball users and pace to fill out that group.

Totally agree..on one of the other threads I sad we need a Nick Dal Santo silky ball user to compliment that group.
North had a similar problem...plenty of grunt, run but no silk...

The club would argue Daisy Thomas is that silk but Daisy is struggling with injury IMO and the lack of support he had at Collingwood with Pendlebury, Swan, Beans etc...

Reply #201
Felt like Groundhog Day watching the news tonight......carbon copy story from last week, carbon copy responses from the playing group. Sorry players, I don't believe a word you say.....it clearly doesn't hurt as much as you say it does, it's clearly not as embarrassing as you say it is, you're clearly not going to not let it happen again as you say you will.

Anyone else feel like punching their TV screens when they saw Murphy getting interviewed in the CFC carpark today (just as he was last week)? His cutesy babyface looks & timid responses don't cut with me....I want to see some belligerence & instead I get a puppy dog......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #202
$850k pa
how could you be upset

Reply #203
Cripps lacks a yard and so does Graham...the latter has more of a problem because Cripps can get away with it due to his size. I think its more of a case with both they need to adjust to the pace of the game and get better awareness so lets give them some time to settle in and I have the feeling in Cripps case he needs the master in Judd on the field to give him that extra tuition  but I have faith he will be a player and was happy with his first up efforts in terms of being to compete with senior players..

Graham needs to brush up his kicking but I gave him points for tackling big Jake Spencer  and bringing him down...shows he has some body strength and is capable in terms of tackling and being defensive.

I'm all for playing Holman sooner than later and getting our new midfield operating as a group and would also put Buckley in that mix .

Good obs. Cripps aint quick, but he's not slow... just might seem that way at present. His strength, I believe (apart from basic skills), is that he can read the play and sum up a situation... like someone with a footy brain, should.

For me, the jury is still out on Graham. Still doesn't commit his body enough for mine.

I watched Holman closely last Sunday and really liked what I saw re his reading of the play and disposal, but at times lacked awareness or getting the tempo, but, sheet, he's a kid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #204

Bryce Gibbs in his first game was a deer in the headlights, I thought Cripps showed more despite his flaws. Graham to me hasn't shown anything to suggest that he will be anything more than a handy utility who will be in and out of the side.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #205
Graham hasn't got the size or speed and without that you need to be exceptional.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #206
$850k pa
how could you be upset

Oh dear. The heat should be well and truly applied to him how can he justify his performance on that kind of coin? Must be loving life seeing 32k pop into his bank account every fortnight. Someone remind exactly what he's done to be on that kind of coin? Blokes like Pendlebury, Dangerfield and Fyfe would be on less.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #207
Look at what we're getting out of a combined total of 1.5 mill in our salary cap. There's half the problem.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #208
And now Robbo asks the tough questions.....and so he should.

No, the blowtorch is on all the players, none more so than Dale Thomas.

What has happened to this bloke?

If you put your hand out for a contract worth about $700,000 a season for four years, it’s best that you earn that money.

With 700 large comes a certain responsibility, more responsibility than say, Dave Ellard on $250,000 tops.

Thomas came with premiership nous, an ability to break open games, and a want to play with a frenetic attitude which was contagious. In its totality, it’s called leadership.

He is coasting at the moment, a bit player.

Worse, the question is being asked: Is he there for the money or is there for the jumper?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dale-thomas-coasting-as-carlton-faces-onfield-crisis-writes-mark-robinson/story-fni5f0at-1226882997677

No doubt those blaming the players on this site will stop short of blaming Thomas as he is a by-product of the coach they support. So let me guess, it's the players' fault, but not Daisy's? Enlighten me, please.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #209
Daisy has missed a year of football and he injured his shoulder on the weekend.