Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73220 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #210
Daisy has missed a year of football.

He's on 700k. Do you pay a bloke 700k per year if there's no guarantees he will get back to his best?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #212
If we get not much out of 700k this year it's already a HUGE mistake.

But it's the players anyway isn't LR? That's what you said. So you can't single out one play as being above criticism because it suits your argument.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #213
If we get not much out of 700k this year it's already a HUGE mistake.

But it's the players anyway isn't LR? That's what you said. So you can't single out one play as being above criticism because it suits your argument.

I didn't say its always the players, I have my concerns with the administration now.

Reply #214
If you have no confidence in the admin how can you back the coach? Do you not see the hypocrisy of it all? You're saying they're unfit to make decisions but then backing them in with the worst decision they've made. I give up with some of you guys honestly......
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #215
All the free agents are going to be getting overs, Cloke isn't a million dollar player even when he's at his best. Clubs might stop getting into bidding wars now over players now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #216
But 700k is massive overs for a 27 year old that is yet to prove he can get back to his best. I mean even if he does it was a massive massive risk to take.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #217
But 700k is massive overs for a 27 year old that is yet to prove he can get back to his best. I mean even if he does it was a massive massive risk to take.

You've got to give him at least 8 weeks to get up to speed. The guy's has missed a lot of football. He is a premiership player and has proven ability. We don't have too many of those on our list, so you have to take the risk and pay overs.

Reply #218
Robbie Warnock's striking charge has been thrown out because the blow was of "insufficient impact".  Why am I not surprised?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #219
Robbie Warnock's striking charge has been thrown out because the blow was of "insufficient impact".  Why am I not surprised?

:)) :)) What's that line about the skin on rice pudding? Sorry 206, cheap shot. But, hey, we're all looking to find the funny side of things at the moment and the pickins 'r' slim!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #220

You've got to give him at least 8 weeks to get up to speed. The guy's has missed a lot of football. He is a premiership player and has proven ability. We don't have too many of those on our list, so you have to take the risk and pay overs.

The reasonable risk would be paying overs for a guy in great form, not for one who is crippled and yet to show he can make it back. I agree though he needs to be given until halfway through the year to improve his fitness and touch.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #221
To those who believe the AFL is out to get Carlton, this is further proof.  Instead of doing us a favour by suspending Warnock, they're trying to weaken us by making him available for the next game. 

Reply #222

What is a fully fit Thomas worth?

Staggered at the 850k for Murphy if that's right. No wonder he signed so quickly but if we give him 850k, Daisy seems cheap at 700 ::)

To those who believe the AFL is out to get Carlton, this is further proof.  Instead of doing us a favour by suspending Warnock, they're trying to weaken us by making him available for the next game.

;D

Reply #223
Anyone questioning Thomas value has seriously not spent time watching him attempt to play footy for us.

His work rate is unquestionable, and he earns his money every time he goes out there.

On the weekend he went down with an AC joint sprain.  Went into the rooms, got the customary pain killer and strapping and then less than 5 minutes after he went down he was running around attempting to use that same arm as a battering ram.  He was basically challenging someone to test it for him.  Lucky they didnt decide to do it as I fear for the outcome of such an act given what he just got, but if our boys played with the fire and commitment Thomas does, I wouldnt hesitate to throw a big contract at them (Bryce Gibbs might want to take notice).

I've seen him play live 4 times now.  He will run himself into the ground just to make an option or try and spoil an opponent.  Give him time.  If you asked whether or not someone was worth the money they earned based on the equivalent of one 8 hour day at their workplace, odds are they wont be able to justify the wage they earn.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #224
Anyone questioning Thomas value has seriously not spent time watching him attempt to play footy for us.

His work rate is unquestionable, and he earns his money every time he goes out there.

Mate are you disappointed with anything? He has had ZERO impact. Absolute ZERO. He has had a few moments in games where you take note of his undoubted talent (ie winning one on ones)  but earning every bit of his 700K? He is not even worth 400k the way he has played so far. Yes I understand he needs time but seriously could you please get your hand off it? This is up there with Hendo being BOG vs the scum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!