Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 116659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #255
Best game I've seen from him this year... apart from the screwing points.

Reply #256
No doubt there was
What will he bring next week?

Reply #257
Played well last night but his set shots for a player of his talents is not good enough.

Reply #258
He was fantastic last night but could still do so much better. Has lost all confidence and what he produced was just pure talent shining through. To see him pass of balls from kickable positions inside 50m shows just where his self belief is at.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #259
He was fantastic last night but could still do so much better. Has lost all confidence and what he produced was just pure talent shining through. To see him pass of balls from kickable positions inside 50m shows just where his self belief is at.

Spot on PI2C - clearly has the yips in front of goal, confidence in his kicking is shot. Can no longer be tagged an 'elite kick' as he once was.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #260

Do you think he will ever play consistently?

To me he will be one of those players that will tear it up one week and go missing the next.

Reply #261

To me he will be one of those players that will tear it up one week and go missing the next.

He's only 22, if he was still flashing in and out of games at 26 you'd be concerned. Easily fixed play him down back, he'll beat his man and any offensive run is a bonus.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #262

He's only 22, if he was still flashing in and out of games at 26 you'd be concerned. Easily fixed play him down back, he'll beat his man and any offensive run is a bonus.
I'd be tempted to play him at Half back. His run was excellent from there and set up attacks. At the moment, he is stagnating forward.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #263
I didn't think his game was as good as many on here are claiming.

Maybe cause I focus on the amount of times he stops a second before possible contact and that sh1ts me so much that I don't notice what he does when he has the ball.

He stopped instead on running straight at the ball in the contest when hocking elbowed him. Happened just before the incident.

If we are serious about becoming a real team either he shows more courage or IMO he's trade bait.

His skills are not good enough to be that soft and get away with it.

Reply #264

This exposes the real lack of leadership we have at the club. The sort of blokes who would demand he play to his ability every week and get in his face.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #265
Yarran touted as being a trade target by Eagles in today's West Australian....What would we get, would we want.....?

Reply #266
Yarran touted as being a trade target by Eagles in today's West Australian....What would we get, would we want.....?

Andrew Gaff I would ask for.......more likely get offered Mitch Brown and a steaknife pick.

Maybe they might offer their first pick if they were really keen and want a 2nd rnd back.

I dont see  West Coast  going through unless Yarran really wants out himself......

Reply #267

Andrew Gaff I would ask for.......more likely get offered Mitch Brown and a steaknife pick.

Maybe they might offer their first pick if they were really keen and want a 2nd rnd back.

I dont see that any West Coast  going through unless Yarran really wants out himself......
Also something to consider is if there is a change in coach and if he really wants Yazz.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #268
I've formed the view, after watching his last couple of games, that Yarran is not looking for a move. OK if an approach were made he could change his mind, but he looks settled with us IMO.

He looks a bit unsure and tentative about what to do on occasions atm (obviously playing to instruction) and sure his kicking for goal is definitely off, but he has improved overall in the last 2 games.

I'm wondering if playing 3 amigos at the same time is a good idea too? If we do then Yarran has to play HBF or wing.

I think though that more likely one of the amigos will be gone in order to move toward getting the type of players we desperately need. One of the amigos will be sacrificed IMO - Eddie or Yarran. Was previously thinking Yarran, but now leaning more towards Eddie.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #269
Yarran did seem to be around the contest a little more last night cookie which does make you wonder, no Garlett = more space for Yazz to work with? Also, could it be that the three amigos' collectively poor form is actually down to there being one too many up forward? Obviously the three have played far better in previous years with Yazz down back.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!