Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 116704 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #60
Wow brilliant move by Malthouse to drop him, certainly got the best out of him didn't it? He's firing on all cylinders now. He's not in our best 22 and our best 22 is a pretty weak outfit. What a fall from grace from Yarran, TBH I can't even watch him any more it's just too painful.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
Wow brilliant move by Malthouse to drop him, certainly got the best out of him didn't it? He's firing on all cylinders now. He's not in our best 22 and our best 22 is a pretty weak outfit. What a fall from grace from Yarran, TBH I can't even watch him any more it's just too painful.
Poor Chris. He got dropped for not performing and how refuses to perform at all. Defs the fault of the coach. :))

fwiw I dont reckon Rich or Zeibell need any motivation from their coach. They just get the job done. Week in. Week out. Funny thing is we knew this when they were 18. ;)

Reply #62
Poor Chris. He got dropped for not performing and how refuses to perform at all. Defs the fault of the coach. :))

Of course it's not up to the coach to get the best out of the players is it Tex? Have you visited the old Sack Ratts thread lately? Are you a hypocrite? Much? Oh yeah right I forgot it was a fair effort from us last night.  ::)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63

Of course it's not up to the coach to get the best out of the players is it Tex? Have you visited the old Sack Ratts thread lately? Are you a hypocrite? Much? Oh yeah right I forgot it was a fair effort from us last night.  ::)
A big flaw of Rattens was his inability to find a plan B / punish the players. I believe this has been resolved under MM.

Anyway, Carrots, what you are calling for is Chris Yarran to never be dropped. I dont need to explain myself as to how stupid such a proposition is.
The sooner Yarran realises its not all about him the better.

Reply #64
Nah it doesn't matter, he's gone. MM has taken our most promising player and made him not want to play for the club any more. And it's had the domino effect on his mates. Great coach that Malthouse, steps into the club and manages to turn our most potent weapons against him in half a season. No doubt the others are loving his sprays. This is all too familiar. Young up and coming coach destroyed by injuries gets the sack and is replaced by a successful dictator that steps into the club like he's been there 10 years and puts everyone offside. List is cleaned out and team goes backwards and then is forced to rebuild for the next 6 years. It's all happening in front of our eyes. Malthouse himself has already told us he needs to rebuild. At least Pagan waited until the end of the season.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #66
His effort was particularly poor last night. He just didn't want to go. I know he's always had that problem but it was really evident last night as players just ran past him.

Reply #67
I wasn't so worried about the Duffield bump v tackle I thought that was just an error or judgement but his overall effort seemed poor.

He just doesn't have enough stamina for repeat efforts or to run out games and the rest of the team doesn't work hard enough to allow him to put in Lewis Jetta performances.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #68
Backwards. Bigtime.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
Trade him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #70

Cmon Carrots, you are better than that.

The players don't get given games, they need to earn them.

If they don't buy in to the gameplan and are disinterested then that is on them.

Many on here were blaming Malthouse for how Kade Simpson was travelling early on. Now Simmo has listened, learned and performed his new role exactly as Mick wants him too and have a look at the benefits, one of our best last night.

Freo were so impressive because everyone buys in to the team game plan. If you have a player, or 10, that don't it doesn't work. Mick is working out who is willing to buy in and work for the team. Yarran has the ability, he needs to prove he has the mental capacity and dedication to become a real player.

I love Yarran, but this is on him, not Mick.

Reply #71
Yarran is certainly struggling with the challenges and rigours of being an AFL footballer - I guess with the transition of being naturally a show-pony but needing to become a warhorse.  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72

Cmon Carrots, you are better than that.

The players don't get given games, they need to earn them.

If they don't buy in to the gameplan and are disinterested then that is on them.

Many on here were blaming Malthouse for how Kade Simpson was travelling early on. Now Simmo has listened, learned and performed his new role exactly as Mick wants him too and have a look at the benefits, one of our best last night.

Freo were so impressive because everyone buys in to the team game plan. If you have a player, or 10, that don't it doesn't work. Mick is working out who is willing to buy in and work for the team. Yarran has the ability, he needs to prove he has the mental capacity and dedication to become a real player.

I love Yarran, but this is on him, not Mick.

Whatever spin you put on it, he has lost the plot under Malthouse and was developing fine under Ratten. The stubborn old fool needs to cut his losses, admit he got it wrong and play him down back again. That's the only hope otherwise there's no way back from here unfortunately.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #74
@PI2C
Carrots, wherever Yarran plays he's unaccountable - always has been. Just does not have any intensity, illustrated by when he makes a mistake or overruns the ball or misses on his first attempt to tackle - he makes no attempt to recover or make a second attempt, too often just ending up out of the play.

Sorry but I've lost all patience with him and blaming MM for Yarran's laziness is just not going to cut it for me.
Reality always wins in the end.