For the rest of the season should we

Play the kids
[ 15 ] (55.6%)
Give the likely discards one last shot
[ 7 ] (25.9%)
Play the team most likely to win us the game
[ 5 ] (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Topic: Play the kids or One last chance (Read 19555 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Play the kids or One last chance

Reply #15
Oh I Forgot Reynolds, he's one I'd like to see. The. There's Wood, I can't understand why he hasn't been played as yet.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #16
The cupboard is pretty much empty.

That's my real concern
To rebuild you need a strong foundation.
We don't have that, so in effect we need to take a couple of seasons to develop the base for a rebuild.
We have to rebuild to rebuild.
The scary thing is we could be as strong now as we will be for the next couple of years.

Reply #17
D: Other - Play the team most likely to instill the correct culture going forward.

Play players who are putting in. Be that kids, oldies, whoever.

We need to send a message to the playing list - if you want to get a game, you better deserve it and perform when you get it.

Reply #18
Yep that goes well for Graham who is in the best for the reserves every week yet gets a token quarter here and there in which he racks up quite a few touches, and then ends up back in the twos.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
Yep that goes well for Graham who is in the best for the reserves every week yet gets a token quarter here and there in which he racks up quite a few touches, and then ends up back in the twos.

He's been a bit unlucky, i admit.

However, as we discovered there is a limit to the same type of players you can have in the side.
Curnow+Carrazzo+Mclean in the side is probably one too many tagging/inside midfielders. So thats why both Cachia and Graham cannot get in the team.

You can't really have a go at those 3 for not 'putting in' though.

Personally i think Carrazzo and McLean are coming to an end and Graham will step up.

You still have to go with team balance.

Reply #20
intransigent.

Mick will do it his way until its so bloody obvious he's wrong people begin to feel embarrassed for him.

2011 GF sticks in my mind like it was yesterday. Played injured players over fit ones and when it was all going wrong after half time he DID NOTHING till it was too late.

Yes, hell of an effort to get there, but he get's an idea in his head about a situation (won't play kids, wont use impact players as subs, brings them on late), a game plan (2011 GF) or a player (Betts and Laidler) and he won't shift.

I suspect he's doing that now with who he will and won't play.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #21
David Parkin used to constantly stall on making in game moves until it was to late and he was one of our all time great coaches. I'm sure I wasn't the only supporter calling for in game changes well before he acted, often when it' was done and dusted. He was also reluctant to take risks with young developing players preferring to trade picks for seniors.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #22
Personally I think we should go with the team that deserves to be out there every week, whatever that looks like. I don't want to see anyone handed a game because in all honestly they wont do much anyway.

I would rather any kid go into the off season thinking they havnt cracked a game yet and pushing themselves harder then having been given a freebie and thinking they are alright. Have to push the right culture.

this.  Adding that the focus is to continue learning and building a steely resolve.  Whether we get over the line for a win is irrelevant at this point, but we need to be pushing for every won contest that we can.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #23
or a player (Betts and Laidler) and he won't shift.

Amazing! Now Malthouse got rid of Betts now did he?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24

Someone else was coach last year ?

someone else responsible for getting Daisy.?

I must have missed it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
We didn't get rid of Betts, he left on his own accord.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
We didn't get rid of Betts, he left on his own accord.

He's gone because of MM in the same way Daisy is here because of MM.

Eddie couldn't play MM footy.

The truth is I have no problems with coAches making these decisions but they also take 100% of the blame.

Eddie wasn't Sauce Jacobs fighting for a spot with 3 other guys he was a 50 goal a year forward that Mick wanted to run through the midfield.

And Jeffy will go at seasons end as well. That's 100 goals down the tube to keep Mick happy.

Reply #27
Free Agency: Look it up some time.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
Free Agency: Look it up some time.

Paragraphs. Look it up sometime.

Someone else was coach last year ?

someone else responsible for getting Daisy.?

I must have missed it.

Don't worry, he's delusional. He's so far up MM's ass that if he says anything against the man he will look like the biggest fool that ever entered the world.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Can we lift the level of discussion a bit here... it,s getting tiring fellas.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?