Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 50004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #120
Fair enough, that's not how I remember it but I haven't seen a replay and I was a bit excited at the time so I could well be mistaken.
It's no big deal in the washup, I was happy with the draw.

Sorry to stomp on that issue but stuff gets posted here and it often becomes "fact" if enough people read it, in reality both kicks traveled about the same distance.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #121
Ahhh my old pal Java......brings back memories of our heated debates over your man Britts. Hope you're well buddy. ;)

Can't remember feeling much heat on my side of the debate, mate. ;)  ;D I'm well - you and yours the same i hope?   Drop in every now and again but finding it hard to get excited after 12 Groundhog years - Elwood still banging his head up against the recruitment wall and Sheiky's as cracked as ever.  ;D

Next year could be a bit better. 

Reply #122
Ahhh my old pal Java......brings back memories of our heated debates over your man Britts. Hope you're well buddy. ;)

Can't remember feeling much heat on my side of the debate, mate. ;)  ;D I'm well - you and yours the same i hope?   Drop in every now and again but finding it hard to get excited after 12 Groundhog years - Elwood still banging his head up against the recruitment wall and Sheiky's as cracked as ever.  ;D

Next year could be a bit better.

Glad to see you back JB and keeping well ..and yep still punching on about recruitment or maybe still feeling punchy as that recruiment wall doesnt get any smaller....agree we should be better next season and hopefully you can grace us more often with your astute offerings...

Reply #123
Agree about next year guys and yes I'm fine thanks Java. I echo Elwood's sentiments hope to see you around more often.

Interesting was just watching highlights of round 24 2004, a decade ago. We finished very well that season as well and that was also Pagan's second year in charge and funnily enough he had turned the list over as well. We all thought we were on the way up in 2005 (pretty sure we won the NAB Cup and started the season 15/1 for the premiership).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #124
We're on the telly....NOW
Fox footy
Close finish coming up ;) :D

Tell me why we got rid of McLean again ???

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #125
Fox footy

Apparently he had a bad attitude - I wonder if that's why he was in the leadership group  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #126
Fox footy

No one else picked him... so there must have been something going on.

Reply #127
Fox footy

No one else picked him... so there must have been something going on.

I would hope so, coz from where I'm sitting it seemed like a strange decision. I thought he was very unfortunate.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #128
Fox footy

Apparently he had a bad attitude - I wonder if that's why he was in the leadership group  ::)

Where did the idea that he was let go for having a bad attitude come from?
I thought the reason a new contract was being floated was because of the opposite... A good attitude and someone who could be a role model for an increasingly younger list.

Reply #129
Mclean got the ass because Whiley became part of the Jaksch deal. In the end the club decided to invest in Whiley and cut Brock loose. He effectively took Brock's spot on the list. It had nothing to do with attitude as some have suggested.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #130
Mclean got the ass because Whiley became part of the Jaksch deal. In the end the club decided to invest in Whiley and cut Brock loose. He effectively took Brock's spot on the list. It had nothing to do with attitude as some have suggested.

Makes sense.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #131
Fox footy

Where did the idea that he was let go for having a bad attitude come from?

Kruddler  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #132
Brock's main weakness was lack of pace and his inability to chase and play both ways. He actually said that himself. Whiley no doubt was the cause of his demise - he may have got another year otherwise.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #133
I saw a bit of that game. Where is Bell at by the way?

He's not that quick, he doesn't lay enough tackles or get enough possessions. If he's getting a game the team are not going that well.

He needs to sharpen up his disposal and start impacting games a lot more as he's at an age where he'll be under pressure at the end of next season.

Re. Brock - I admire his ability to make an impact. He was one of our best vs. Essendon. Work rate off the ball phenomenal. But just couldn't hurt the opposition as he had no pace. We'll miss his disposal count but not his defensive running.