Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50408 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #30
That would make sense  ::)

The only issue I can see is that Pendlebury could be too strong in the air.  Still, if Curnow does his job, Pendlebury may not get too many opportunities.

I certainly wouldn't be sacrificing the ball winning ability of Cripps by playing him in a shut down role.

Agree. I was thinking after our game v the Saints that Curnow didn't do much, but then realised that Jack Steven was well down on his usual impact on a game!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Hopefully Judd is right to go.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #32
Agree. I was thinking after our game v the Saints that Curnow didn't do much, but then realised that Jack Steven was well down on his usual impact on a game!

It's very easy to overlook Curnow's contribution.  There are games where he amasses possessions and shuts opponents down and games where he doesn't quite do so well in terms of possessions but still keeps his opponent quiet.  I think we tend to judge him by the former and mark him down for the latter.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
I'd play Curnow on Swan...

Agreed re the swan match-up.

Curnow is a great tagger, however we cant play afford to play Curnow, Carazzo & Ellard against quality opposition.

Reply #35
I'd play Curnow on Swan...

Curnow or Carrazzo, Carrazzo might miss rumours are he was hobbling after the flight back.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but Jones is quick and moves really well and has a clue about football. This though hasn't translated into any decent games for us.
I think he would do really well as a defender. Definitely tall with decent mitts. He won't last as a forward so drop down back and I think it will be the making of him.
Just saying

Reply #37
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but Jones is quick and moves really well and has a clue about football. This though hasn't translated into any decent games for us.
I think he would do really well as a defender. Definitely tall with decent mitts. He won't last as a forward so drop down back and I think it will be the making of him.
Just saying

A few commentators over the weekend have commented on Jones. Barry Hall in particular said no player he has ever seen works as hard at training as Jones does. Yet he struggles to perform really well on game day. Isn't it funny we keep looking for forwards for years now. Yet every forward looks like they would be better suited as a defender.

Levi, Henderson, Rowe, and now Jones. Will there ever be a season we actually find players that can actually play as forwards ? I know our deliver via the mids can be as ordinary as anything in a game. which really puts the forwards under the pump. Going up against 2 or 3 defenders in a contest. What also makes me wonder is if we have 2 or 3 defenders going up against one of our tall forwards, what are the other 2 forwards doing ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38
Swap Jones with Jaksch??

Reply #39
Swap Jones with Jaksch??
Not the worst idea going around. Jaksch has a future and a nice pair of hands. He also works more effectively than Jones. He doesn't have Jones' pace, but Jones doesn't get enough result out of his. Jaksch could well get into dangerous positions more often.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #40
Bottom line is one of Jones or Casboult should go..... let them kick a bag of goals in the 2s.

Casboult has some influence around the ground. Jones has zip.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41
The problem is both Jones and Levi can't kick straight to save themselves. Both would've and should ve had at least 3 each on Saturday.
Neither are the answer, and won't be around in the long term. 

Reply #42
The problem is both Jones and Levi can't kick straight to save themselves. Both would've and should ve had at least 3 each on Saturday.
Neither are the answer, and won't be around in the long term.

Thought Healy was spot on when he said that accuracy is the diff between Levi being a 350k player and an 800k player. The bloke is probably the best contested mark in the AFL, so we need to believe he can turn it around by foot.
IN WADA WE TRUST