Skip to main content
Topic: Culture (Read 43561 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Culture

Reply #136
I know there was coverage of it, obviously, but was it mentioned on the nightly news where video footage was shown. I can't recall either of that happening.
Ditto, with Robbo and the BDO brawl.

People find it harder to foget video evidence.

Reply #137
Quote from: Robert Walls Goes Bang!
Two coaches who will go into the final year of their contracts in 2016 are Hardwick and Buckley. Neither Richmond nor Collingwood should feel obliged to extend their tenure.

Some will argue that it didn't help Carlton and Malthouse who went into the exact same position earlier this year. But there is a difference. And that is, both Hardwick and Buckley are not as selfish or insecure as Malthouse was, and will put their club's interest ahead of their own.

That's were our culture went!

Here Endeth the Lesson!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138
Swann and Mick .......Shaw, Didak etc...

Swann and Mick .......Robbo, Jeffy etc..

Swann may have pulled the trigger but Mick would have checked the gun so it was the same regime but different rules for different players...thats my point....

Incorrect, Swann was already gone.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #141
Yep you are right  :-[ but I still say Mick would have rubber stamped the outgoing players and tooka  different approach than
when he was at Collingwood..

EB1 we still have a major problem with player development. It's my opinion we still have some rather ordinary coaches who possibly retain their job by potting players. That's also a culture killer!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
Why?

Mick wouldnt move core influential players ie ratpackers on who could help win him a flag......different at Carlton where the stakes were not as high and his bad boys Robbo, Garlett, Waite etc
were moved on...

Reply #144
Mick wouldnt move core influential players ie ratpackers on who could help win him a flag......different at Carlton where the stakes were not as high and his bad boys Robbo, Garlett, Waite etc
were moved on...

OK, so riddle me this.
If those same ratpackers were causing trouble and collingwood were not in a position to challenge for a flag, would they have been moved on?

Reply #145
were moved on...

Agree, MM stated clearly on several occasions that he was first and foremost concerned with winning games. OK he didn't actually achieve that too much of that  with us, but that was his stated primary aim. If that was indeed the case, he would have just taken whatever action was necessary according to the circumstances he saw prevailing at the time, so we can't expect to find consistency - more likely expediency.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #146
I recall an ex player saying mm run carlton like a private school for boys....yes sir no sir three bag full sir...