Skip to main content
Topic: John Nicholls Medal-2015 (Read 30104 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: John Nicholls Medal-2015

Reply #105
As the only person who got Touhy as a possible contender I am going to claim some knowledge about football until I make some prediction which actually demonstrates my complete lack of understanding and knowledge. All those who are advocating a scorched earth policy should recognize that if we had retained Kennedy, Waite, Gartlett, Betts, Jacobs, Robertson, Laidler and probably Maclean, and kept them with our core playing group of Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Kreuzer, Touhy, Buckley, Henderson, Yarran, Jamison, Walker, Docherty, Everett, Curnow, Bell, etc. we would have a team that would be challenging for the Cup this year. But because of impatience and poor decision making, we have added to our cutlery draw. I think we should be building from what we have got and trying to take the opportunities as they present themselves instead of constantly changing and throwing the baby out with the bath water. Keep Gibbs, Murphy and  Kreuzer and stop eating our own.

Where is the "Like" button.....what a great post. Not to mention of course we are up to our third coach during this time as well, 4th if you include Bolton.

Reply #106
Tuohy's made the Coaches Association All-Australian team. :D

Reply #107
Tuohy's made the Coaches Association All-Australian team. :D

Wow, that should raise his confidence and self belief. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #108
As the only person who got Touhy as a possible contender I am going to claim some knowledge about football until I make some prediction which actually demonstrates my complete lack of understanding and knowledge. All those who are advocating a scorched earth policy should recognize that if we had retained Kennedy, Waite, Gartlett, Betts, Jacobs, Robertson, Laidler and probably Maclean, and kept them with our core playing group of Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Kreuzer, Touhy, Buckley, Henderson, Yarran, Jamison, Walker, Docherty, Everett, Curnow, Bell, etc. we would have a team that would be challenging for the Cup this year. But because of impatience and poor decision making, we have added to our cutlery draw. I think we should be building from what we have got and trying to take the opportunities as they present themselves instead of constantly changing and throwing the baby out with the bath water. Keep Gibbs, Murphy and  Kreuzer and stop eating our own.

I definitely agree we'd be better off but...

I think we'd be in the 8 keeping pace with richmond maybe but pushing for the premiership... I don't think so. Team is still pretty short in the midfield and if we're close to the salary cap now how would we fit them in?

Reply #109
I definitely agree we'd be better off but...

I think we'd be in the 8 keeping pace with richmond maybe but pushing for the premiership... I don't think so. Team is still pretty short in the midfield and if we're close to the salary cap now how would we fit them in?

+1

We have a lot of work to do, and had we not recruited Judd as suggested by Kreuzer and Kennedy being part of our side, we might never have even done what we did and might resemble Melbourne more closely.. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson