Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension (Read 54598 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy charged for striking Laidler! - can accept 1 game suspension

Reply #30
doesn't matter, he needs to go back to the reserves and regain some touch and show some willingness to work harder. no special treatment, he already had that when Mick was at the club.

Again this debate and thread has nothing to do with Daisy's form, it's about the MRP finding.

So you may have missed the point of the recent posts, this could easily be Cripps up on the charge and at the moment our club would not challenge the finding despite the contact being dubious and the staging being obvious.

To me it's another example of our club failing to back up our own players, like last season when Carrazzo came out and publicly lambasted Yarran when he retaliated against Chapman. You can do the discipline stuff internally, and that remains unknown to the public and the media, but when you see a public example of our players being targeted unfairly you have to make a very public stance to defend them or they will surely lose confidence and spirit in the club. It's a morale killer!

We want our players to be comfortable at being uncomfortable, but when they act on this, when they push back after being passive victims for so long we seem to immediately abandon them! It's inconsistent!

Supporters should not complain when our players shirk contests or fail to stand up for each other if under these circumstances they don't feel that the club has their back.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
I saw an interview with Laidler the day after the game, and he said 'yeah, I got one on the chin'. 

Looks like the code of silence is dead (or Laidler thinks Thomas had it coming), but it seemed pretty damning compared to the usual non-committal comments most players deliver.

Either way, looks like there is absolutely no love lost between Laidler and CFC.  After the interview, I thought to myself 'maybe it's not all bad that he's not at this club anymore......'
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #32
Daisy must be feeling very frustrated with his form and the decline in his powers. No doubt rivals are only too ready to remind him of this and compare it to what he is being paid. Don't know why he was that upset with Laidler but I would bet it was because he said something along those lines. After all Laidler, rather than having a problem with CFC, would have zero time for MM and would see Daisy as his highly paid golden boy who has done nothing for some time now?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #33
I don't understand why folk want the club to contest the MRP's decision  ???

Daisy cops a one week ban if he takes the early plea.  He's not going to get off if we contest the charge and the best outcome is a reduction of the two week penalty to one week.

I'm all for challenging if the MRP gets it wrong but this is the wrong battle to fight.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34

Daisy cops a one week ban if he takes the early plea.  He's not going to get off if we contest the charge and the best outcome is a reduction of the two week penalty to one week.

I'm all for challenging if the MRP gets it wrong but this is the wrong battle to fight.

Yep, wrong battle indeed. That hit of Daisy's was one that only Luke Hodge could possibly escape sanction for!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
I might be cynical but maybe they want to challenge the finding ,doesnt he get  get 2 weeks if he loses   

Reply #36
I might be cynical but maybe they want to challenge the finding ,doesnt he get  get 2 weeks if he loses  

Yes he does, but that is not the point if the original finding was possibly wrong.

I wouldn't be pushing this issue except the Harford got on radio and said we should challenge, keep in mind Harford sat on the MRP so he knows what he is talking about.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37

The charge was contact to the head, if they can prove its not to the head and to the chest say (which is what it looked like to me), then I say go for it (ie get him off on a technicality). Its just standing up for ourselves against the AFL, we always get bent over and gladly assume the position. In other words, we may get bent over, we just wont assume the position and provide the vas.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
The charge was contact to the head, if they can prove its not to the head and to the chest say (which is what it looked like to me), then I say go for it (ie get him off on a technicality). Its just standing up for ourselves against the AFL, we always get bent over and gladly assume the position. In other words, we may get bent over, we just wont assume the position and provide the vas.
And for the record, I say again it was a stupid act and deserves a week but....
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #39
I saw an interview with Laidler the day after the game, and he said 'yeah, I got one on the chin'. 
Of course the prick would say that, he didnt exactly leave the club on good terms. He took a dive and a half from a elbow to the chest from Daisy. That's ok, the Karma bus will sort it out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #40

Stand up for someone worth standing up for.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
 if this was the nfl  daisy would have been sacked by now  "  its only bussiness" .One day the afl and clubs will grow balls and change player contract and status.

Reply #42
Of course the prick would say that, he didnt exactly leave the club on good terms. He took a dive and a half from a elbow to the chest from Daisy. That's ok, the Karma bus will sort it out.

I'd say with regards to Laidler, that has already happened. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43

Sorry you feel that way but I think if they wear navy blue they are worth standing up for! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Anyone who puts on a navy blue jumper with CFC on the front is worth standing for IMO (despite the fact I think it was a dumb ass act). Its a lesson we can learn from the Scum.

#UNITED
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th