Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48250 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: post game

Reply #30
Nothing to be ashamed of tonight, we were expected to get belted yet we gave them a horrible fright for most of the night.

Read tomorrow's papers, they will be lauding us not them.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #32
The commentators were particularly over the top with their awestruck responses to Martin's "strength".  Why wasn't I surprised when they ignored Kreuzer burying him into the turf in the last quarter?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Martin's ability to shrug tackle after tackle, swerve, side step and set up play is uncanny.

Reply #34
Buckley, Everitt and White struggled quite a bit there.

Pressure coming from the seconds?

Didn't find Everitt too bad. Kicked a couple and does kick straight, a rarity here. Kicked 31 last year. That dropped mark hurt though. Alot hurt that cost us.

Thomas may come in for Buckley although the latter might've just had a bad game too so we don't want to be too hasty. Jaksch in for White and go forward to help Casboult.

Reply #35
Buckley was particulaly quiet, what were his stats?
3Disp 3Marks 3Tackles for Dylan
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
Have to be happy with what we saw. Looked great. So good to see.

Not too many pats on the back though as we should've won. Kicking and composure.

Too many pats on the back after an honourable loss usually leads to a loss the next week too.

Reply #37
They couldn't move in the last five minutes.  There were moments when the game was being played in slow motion.  And Richmond's older, tougher bodies won out.

Thought our five newbies played well.  Wright kicked three goals and while he dropped in and out of the game, I'll take three goals from him anyday. 

Phillips rucked very well and did more around the ground in 100 minutes than Warnock did in however many years he was at the club.

Lamb put on great forward pressure even if he didn't get much of the ball.

Weitering was fantastic.  Lost his man a couple of times, but was so composed and assured down back. 

Kerridge faded in the last quarter.  Got plenty of hard ball, and had some great moments, but his kicking wasn't great.  Still liked his hard nut play.

Murphy, Simo and Cripps were magnificent.  Yes Murph and Cripps struggled in the last, but one is in his third year and the other was under prepared.  I adore Cripps.

Everett dropping that mark and Bolt's easy miss were the killers in the end.

Reply #38
The commentators were particularly over the top with their awestruck responses to Martin's "strength".

So were our players judging by the number of tackles he busted.
That was the most disappointing loss I can remember for four or five years, the game was there for the taking but we just didn't have the ability.
Buckley, Everitt and White need a holiday, I don't know what we've got available but we can't afford passengers with our skill level.
If Casboult can't start kicking straight in short order he can join them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #39
Didn't find Everitt too bad. Kicked a couple and does kick straight, a rarity here. Kicked 31 last year. That dropped mark hurt though. Alot hurt that cost us.

Thomas may come in for Buckley although the latter might've just had a bad game too so we don't want to be too hasty. Jaksch in for White and go forward to help Casboult.

Buckley put a huge amount of defensive pressure on. The processions and goals will come. I will be surprised if he is dropped.

Reply #40
I yelled more expletives tonight than I usually do in a year. Casboult's set shots are slowly killing me. I love the guy, but.......................

Reply #41
Anyway great effort from the boys, an enjoyable game to watch almost completely pain free (Casboult excluded).

We have an absolute gem in Weitering. Already our best defender lol.

Cripps is completely unplayable. Look away handballs are sublime. Peripheral vision unparalleled. Just a skilful beast in every sense of the word.

Murphy looked to thrive on the contest. Some brilliant football. When he tired we stopped.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
So were our players judging by the number of tackles he busted.
That was the most disappointing loss I can remember for four or five years, the game was there for the taking but we just didn't have the ability.
Buckley, Everitt and White need a holiday, I don't know what we've got available but we can't afford passengers with our skill level.
If Casboult can't start kicking straight in short order he can join them.

Agree on White.  Buckley did the right things off the ball, defensively.  And Everitt, when he's switched on, is our only forward who can kick in a straight line.  That dropped mark was awful, but I'm not sure we can afford to drop him. 

Reply #43
Close game , gripping to the the end , still had hope until about 2 mins from full time. Much better all round than anything last year.
We also had players out, juddy would have been useful in the last 10 mins

Reply #44
Anyway great effort from the boys, an enjoyable game to watch almost completely pain free (Casboult excluded).

We have an absolute gem in Weitering. Already our best defender lol.

Cripps is completely unplayable. Look away handballs are sublime. Peripheral vision unparalleled. Just a skilful beast in every sense of the word.

Murphy looked to thrive on the contest. Some brilliant football. When he tired we stopped.

I agree with all this Chris. Hard to believe it was Weitering's first senior game.