Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48937 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #75
Agree. Tiges aren't great, but they were more efficient tonight, played smarter and got the job done when it mattered. You can't win week after week if you don't get reward for effort. Too many missed shots on goal will kill any team

Couple of times we went back to the old bombing the ball forward ways.

Too many times our players got pegged carrying the ball, that is a sign we still aren't talking enough.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
It is not an Everitt vs Cas discussion though who have different roles.

Cas played such a great game but hoping he just had a bad day at the office with his kicking which came good last year. Calling for him to be dropped is so naive though as Cas was the key link in the chain to transition the ball from defense to forward which is one of the most important aspects of the game with pressing / flooding / zones / etc.

Everitt is weak. Gets pushed around. Limp efforts. Can't tackle. The number 2 in the G column doesn't cover all sins.

Reply #78
Shadesy, quit fooling around.

I hope you are being funny. Ratts problem was they attacked but never pressured, zoned and worked for each other like the did tonight. We have Judd, Waite and Betts tonight and we win by 5 goals.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #79
Bring in SOS jr. for Everitt.

Byrne for White.

Reply #80
We probably had 4 or 5 of the 6 best players on the ground and lost, mostly due to clangers.

Until our club gets serious about ball use efficiency we won't win regularly.

Casboult needs to be kept at CHF, make him have shots from 50 not 25.

Probably right there on all counts. More about getting better rather than serious about ball use efficiency but being pedantic.

Reply #81
Couple of times we went back to the old bombing the ball forward ways.

Too many times our players got pegged carrying the ball, that is a sign we still aren't talking enough.

Agreed.

So often you look at what the forwards are doing though and they aren't making position. Standing behind your opposition makes your teammate try to bomb it over the top.

Reply #82
Everitt clearly has his faults, but when he's having a set shot, I uncurl my toes and relax.............

Cas, on the other hand............

Reckon the players would prefer their hard work get rewarded from Dainty Eveiritt rather than seeing it go to waste with Cas.

If I were playing, I know who I'd prefer on the end having a shot.

Someone said that Everitt sucks the life out of the team but Casboult must run him a close second.
That ball from Boekhurst to him tonight was poetry, but you just knew that he wouldn't kick it and that goal would have given us a nice break and made it very tough for Richmond.
Key forwards just have to kick those goals more often than not, and Levi never will.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #83
I honestly expected this place to be buzzing tonight. That was the first step of a long journey and we are far ahead of where anyone thought we would be.

Cripps and Weitering are two top 10 players of he future and we have plenty to like.

Our list had been gutted by those previous and we lack forward and polish.

That was the best game Casboult has played in his career, Pity he can't kick.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #84
It is not an Everitt vs Cas discussion though who have different roles.

Cas played such a great game but hoping he just had a bad day at the office with his kicking which came good last year. Calling for him to be dropped is so naive though as Cas was the key link in the chain to transition the ball from defense to forward which is one of the most important aspects of the game with pressing / flooding / zones / etc.

Everitt is weak. Gets pushed around. Limp efforts. Can't tackle. The number 2 in the G column doesn't cover all sins.

Well, I'm not calling for Cas to be dropped. I'm also hoping he had an off night, but I doubt it. What I think he needs is drastic emergency surgery to make him a  more reliable and accurate kick for goal. There is simply no point in kicking it to him if he can't goal.

And I agree on Everitt. He has his faults, but goals count for a lot. As I said, if I were a CFC player I'd be more inclined to bust a boiler getting the ball into his hands for a shot on goal rather than Cas.

Reply #85
Someone said that Everitt sucks the life out of the team but Casboult must run him a close second.
That ball from Boekhurst to him tonight was poetry, but you just knew that he wouldn't kick it and that goal would have given us a nice break and made it very tough for Richmond.
Key forwards just have to kick those goals more often than not, and Levi never will.

The difference being without Casboult we're kicking long to absolutely NOTHING.

He also must have been the key link in 10+ transitions out of defense. He earns credits. Everitt is a cancer.

Reply #86

In fairness to Casboult, Jack Reiwoldt will often misses from 20m out directly in front. Riewoldt will slot them from the pocket, Casboult dobs them from 50 better than he kicks from 20m.

Casboult looked and moved like a CHF tonight, he is 300% more mobile than last season. Got his marking Mojo back as well, that will build confidence and the kicking will improve. Hopefully we can make sure the others stop taking defenders to his marking contests.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
I hope you are being funny. Ratts problem was they attacked but never pressured, zoned and worked for each other like the did tonight. We have Judd, Waite and Betts tonight and we win by 5 goals.

It's not game plan that I was referring to. It's effort, passion, desire and skill. Yes, Ratts did employ a run/stun type style, but those qualities I refer to were all there during his time, especially at our peak in 2011.

Reply #88
The difference being without Casboult we're kicking long to absolutely NOTHING.

He also must have been the key link in 10+ transitions out of defense. He earns credits. Everitt is a cancer.

Casboult is the best we've got but while that remains the case we won't be playing finals.
Do any Carlton supporters honestly believe he'd get a game in a top four team?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #89
I honestly expected this place to be buzzing tonight. That was the first step of a long journey and we are far ahead of where anyone thought we would be.

Cripps and Weitering are two top 10 players of he future and we have plenty to like.

Our list had been gutted by those previous and we lack forward and polish.

That was the best game Casboult has played in his career, Pity he can't kick.

Cripps and Murphy will be be much better for the run. Cripps is just awesome. The player who can have 2 tagging him but still get the clearance.