Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #60
After seeing Byrne tear the Tiggers a new one off half back today for the NBs he'd have to replace White.

Don't care that Everitt kicked goals... way too soft with a very limited repertoire...

Our ruckmen kicked 2 between them but nothing from Levi... oh for a tall forward who can mark and kick well.

We cannot possibly be happy with this loss... it's a game that was there for us too win and we should have. Just look at how many more inside 50s we had!!!!

Agree ..I was disappointed because the Tigers are crap and we should have won...blown opportunities and dumb errors, we were the better team but they stole it and on the back of a couple of lesser lights like Lambert and Lloyd...
More disappointing than honorable tonight IMO....if the Tigers make the eight I will be surprised....

Reply #61
After seeing Byrne tear the Tiggers a new one off half back today for the NBs he'd have to replace White.

Don't care that Everitt kicked goals... way too soft with a very limited repertoire...

Our ruckmen kicked 2 between them but nothing from Levi... oh for a tall forward who can mark and kick well.

We cannot possibly be happy with this loss... it's a game that was there for us too win and we should have. Just look at how many more inside 50s we had!!!!

Last years 31 goals from Everitt tells me he can stay. Started with a couple tonight too. Wasn't brilliant but always hits the scoreboard. That's precious right now.

Very happy with alot of aspects but not too many pats on the back either as we should've won. Aall it is is something to build off.

Reply #62
Jamo cost us quite a few goals tonight by a combination of being crapscared and not watching the ball, getting run-down and generally melting down.

What I wouldn't give for a young full-back.

To hell with Everitt. He does stuff that hurts our team. Destructive player. Think of Mumford at GWS - when he plays those around him play better. Everitt is the exact polar opposite to Mumford. Sucks the life out of his teammates.

Kerridge did a few things that really hurt also but he gets a lot more credit because he runs his guts out. Everitt sits out waiting for easy kicks. Boot him. Boot his butt til his nose bleeds. Putrid player.

Casboult's kicking went completely backwards tonight. Get Sav back down there... disappointing but geez what a valuable player. We don't have any backup so if he gets injured we're stuffed.

Reply #63
Jamo cost us quite a few goals tonight by a combination of being crapscared and not watching the ball, getting run-down and generally melting down.
Dont feckin start me on this, Rowe, Jamo and 2E do this week in week out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
Dylan Buckley is a spud.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #65

Agree ..I was disappointed because the Tigers are crap and we should have won...blown opportunities and dumb errors, we were the better team but they stole it and on the back of a couple of lesser lights like Lambert and Lloyd...
More disappointing than honorable tonight IMO....if the Tigers make the eight I will be surprised....

We always say that about the Tigers but they still finish top 6. Result was pretty good given that but at the same time we stuffed it up.

Disappointed as we really should of won in the end but we finally have a platform to build off. Dumb errors, missed shots hurt but on the bright side we haven't seen this effort from Carlton since 2013. Alot of positives, alot of frustration.

Reply #66
Dylan Buckley is a spud.

Harsh.

Tonight showed as a forward he makes a pretty good half-back - but still provided a lot of pressure / run. Just couldn't impact when we had the ball.

We are too small anyhow... need to bring in a Jaksch for a small like Buckley.

Reply #67
Dont feckin start me on this, Rowe, Jamo and 2E do this week in week out.

Started with Thornton - he spread it to Jamo who spread it to Rowe and 2e.

Need to quarantine Weitering.

Reply #68
Everitt clearly has his faults, but when he's having a set shot, I uncurl my toes and relax.............

Cas, on the other hand............

Reckon the players would prefer their hard work get rewarded from Dainty Eveiritt rather than seeing it go to waste with Cas.

If I were playing, I know who I'd prefer on the end having a shot.

Reply #69
We probably had 4 or 5 of the 6 best players on the ground and lost, mostly due to clangers.

Until our club gets serious about ball use efficiency we won't win regularly.

Casboult needs to be kept at CHF, make him have shots from 50 not 25.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Perhaps you're gutted because :

a. it's the first game of the season, and therefore a lot of emotion etc.
b. we got so close - if it was a 10 goal thumping, maybe you'd be feeling "normal".

Maybe.

Or that style,gameplay and effort is the best we have see from carlton for 17 years and really should have won against all odds..
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
We always say that about the Tigers but they still finish top 6. Result was pretty good given that but at the same time we stuffed it up.

Disappointed as we really should of won in the end but we finally have a platform to build off. Dumb errors, missed shots hurt but on the bright side we haven't seen this effort from Carlton since 2013. Alot of positives, alot of frustration.

Agree. Tiges aren't great, but they were more efficient tonight, played smarter and got the job done when it mattered. You can't win week after week if you don't get reward for effort. Too many missed shots on goal will kill any team

Reply #72
Or that style,gameplay and effort is the best we have see from carlton for 17 years and really should have won against all odds..

Well, I saw better in 2011, but that's my standard response these days...............

Reply #73
Nup Ratts never had them like that.

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #74
Well, I saw better in 2011, but that's my standard response these days...............

We had a much better side then too.