Skip to main content
Topic: The F Word. (Read 23393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The F Word.

Reply #75
On current form and taking injuries into account, we should win this week against the Saints quite comfortably.

After that we have the bye which is always a danger game.  :P

Then it gets really interesting :

GWS away - very tough ask, can't see a win there
Collingwood @ home - hmm, should be a win but who knows
Adelaide @ home - nah, they might be a bit good for us
WCE @ home - they don't travel well but they will be hard to beat
Sydney away - good luck, they are a damn good team
Hawthorn away - might be pinchable but more likely a loss
St. Blunda @ home - yep, should be a solid win
Brisbane away - should be another win
Melbourne @ home - depends on which Dees team turns up, should be a win
Essendon away - percentage booster

Overall, we are looking at an end of season win/loss ratio of 11/11 which should have us finish around the 11-12 spots on the ladder.

If we were offered that at the start of the season we would of welcomed it with open arms.

Barring compo picks, priority picks and any other weirdo bonuses, we will start of with draft picks #7, #25, #43, #61, #79 & #97.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #76
I think it's unrealistic for us to continue our good form for the full season. I would expect us to drop one or two that others may pencil in. But then, I always err on the conservative side.

Pies might get some of their stars back by then, and Hawks will be too good. Not hopeful on either of those. Melbourne are in good form and playing good consistent footy - Roos has had a good length of time to develop them, and it's looks like it's starting to bear fruit. Anyone of Essendon, Saints or Brissie could be the upset loss.

Reply #77
I like our style of play against the Hawks. Not saying we would start favourites but we're not out of it entirely.

Reply #78
I think it's unrealistic for us to continue our good form for the full season. I would expect us to drop one or two that others may pencil in. But then, I always err on the conservative side.

Pies might get some of their stars back by then, and Hawks will be too good. Not hopeful on either of those. Melbourne are in good form and playing good consistent footy - Roos has had a good length of time to develop them, and it's looks like it's starting to bear fruit. Anyone of Essendon, Saints or Brissie could be the upset loss.

A lot will also ride on what injuries we may get. Our depth is pretty thin.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
A lot will also ride on what injuries we may get. Our depth is pretty thin.

Another five wins is not unrealistic, provided we have a good run with injuries.  We don't have a lot of blokes in the NBs demanding games and it would be preferable to play Charlie Curnow, McKay and Silvagni when they're ready, not because we have to.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #80
I would have been happy with 6-8 wins at the beginning of the season, to have 6 already is amazing!

I reckon 10-12 now, which would see us just miss out on the top 8, but still a far better season than I could have imagined, especially after round 4 !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #81
I would have been happy with 6-8 wins at the beginning of the season, to have 6 already is amazing!

I reckon 10-12 now, which would see us just miss out on the top 8, but still a far better season than I could have imagined, especially after round 4 !!
Last night on SEN, they were talking about how this year, teams may require 14 wins to make the 8. Its normally 12 but due to the evenness...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82
Last night on SEN, they were talking about how this year, teams may require 14 wins to make the 8. Its normally 12 but due to the evenness...

All any team is keep winning week after that. Except the North game, a reality check, we've done that very well in recent times.

Beating Brisbane by that margin, with the big names, not doing much is a very good sign.

Bookies on the Saints game:

Saints  2.25
Blues  1.61
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #83

Barring compo picks, priority picks and any other weirdo bonuses, we will start of with draft picks #7, #25, #43, #61, #79 & #97.

Don't we also have an extra pick from Geelong due to the Henderson deal ?

Reply #84

I'm pretty sure we used that in a trade  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #85
Most people think the 8 is set.

6. GWS
7. West Coast
8. Adelaide

GWS were on fire and after I declared they would win the flag have dropped two in a row.

West Coast and Adelaide look great at home but are vulnerable on the road.

We play the Giants away in rd 14 and the other two at the G in rd 16 and 17.

If we beat the saints and pies as we should on current form and win 2 of those 3 we will be in a good position.

It works out well that we have to beat the teams we want to replace.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #86

We passed on the Hendo pick to GWS for pick 8 last year (McKay)

We do have the Doggies 3rd round pick for this year up our sleeve though.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #87
Might be an opportune time for some people to revisit their thoughts on finals.

If we can't beat St. Blunda, then we are not worthy of playing finals and certainly won't win enough games to qualify.

We are a young team on the rise albeit it a slow one. However, we are still prone to brainfades & burnout purely due to inexperience and lack of battle fitness.

Naturally we should be aiming to win every match we play but having genuine intensity and competitiveness every week is so much more important to us right now.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #88
Point taken Mr Sheik!

Its the debate that matters, nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries of positivism. :)

Reply #89
we belong in the 13/14th bracket loaded up on some more draft picks and build a real team