Skip to main content
Topic: Can we refuse a finals spot?  (Read 18303 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can we refuse a finals spot?

Reply #15
I personally, will be embarrassed if we make the 8 by default......a more thoroughly un-deserved 'achievement' I will never have seen.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #16
I personally, will be embarrassed if we make the 8 by default......a more thoroughly un-deserved 'achievement' I will never have seen.

Agree....will just be a un -deserved false dawn...we lost the elimination final tonight and Essendon still have their boot on our throat as usual.....

Reply #17
we lost the elimination final tonight and Essendon still have their boot on our throat as usual.....

Go back further than that - Bulldogs game? Freo beat us up at home and Essendon always knew they could beat us up and we'd take it.

All our own fault, can't kick 22 behinds and expect to win games.

Carlton are rubbish and simply pretenders. The development at this club over the years has been appalling and we're paying for it.

Reply #18
Reckon the AFL will let Essendon keep their premiership points after tonight - wont want the embarrassment of us making the finals.

Reply #19
Wow port will finish above us.

Lets just dwell on that fact for a moment.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #20
What would be embarrassing is if we lose again next week and we still make it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21
Reckon the AFL will let Essendon keep their premiership points after tonight - wont want the embarrassment of us making the finals.

Great call right there.

Reply #22
I honestly hope to God Norf knock of the Filth next week, we their % at 120 odd, they will go in ahead of us. They deserve it more than our pea hearts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
We do not deserve to be in the finals. If we make it, then our time there will be very brief and painful.
The only positive would be that we could have our younger players experience the finals' experience, the big stage, the crowd and the pressure. That would help many of them. But that would be about it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #24
I honestly hope to God Norf knock of the Filth next week, we their % at 120 odd, they will go in ahead of us. They deserve it more than our pea hearts.

If that does happen North would then play Collingwood again the next week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25

If that does happen North would then play Collingwood again the next week.
and would be every chance to knock the off. As opposed to our bunch of softies who will go into a game touted as being "Master vs Apprentice" only to embarrass themselves and the club once again. No thanks. Lets focus on next year starting today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
Don't want to play finals - just prolongs our agony - don't think MM would want to either. The Roos would definitely be worthier - gee that hurt!

For me the 2013 season is over - the large lady has sung.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Making finals probably would play havoc with the mind set of this group but you imagine the AFL's reaction to a forfeit. We'd never get a free kick again.

Reply #28
We'll win next week because we would've been embarrassed into it. Prefer we win because we consistently work hard rather than be embarrassed into it. We'd possible end up with a nervous Richmond first week, beat them them  embarrass ourselves no end the week after with another gutless performance just as we built a little false hope. Sounds a familiar story.

Wallpaper over the cracks just nicely unfortunately.

Only reason i'd  take finals is you can't buy that experience for players like Graham, Menzel, Casboult or any other young bloke we decide to pick.

Reply #29
We'll win next week because we would've been embarrassed into it. Prefer we win because we consistently work hard rather than be embarrassed into it. We'd possible end up with a nervous Richmond first week, beat them them  embarrass ourselves no end the week after with another gutless performance just as we built a little false hope. Sounds a familiar story.

Wallpaper over the cracks just nicely unfortunately.

Look at our past month: out-of-our depth loss to Freo, meek capitulation & outplayed by the Bulldogs, faith-restoring win over a lazy Richmond, weak-minded & skill-less loss to a terrible Essendon team......classic wallpaper-over-the-cracks win last week in every respect. There's one giant common denominator over-riding last week's win.