Skip to main content
Topic: Can we refuse a finals spot?  (Read 18299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can we refuse a finals spot?

Reply #30
We'll win next week because we would've been embarrassed into it. Prefer we win because we consistently work hard rather than be embarrassed into it. We'd possible end up with a nervous Richmond first week, beat them them  embarrass ourselves no end the week after with another gutless performance just as we built a little false hope. Sounds a familiar story.

Wallpaper over the cracks just nicely unfortunately.

Look at our past month: out-of-our depth loss to Freo, meek capitulation & outplayed by the Bulldogs, faith-restoring win over a lazy Richmond, weak-minded & skill-less loss to a terrible Essendon team......classic wallpaper-over-the-cracks win last week in every respect. There's one giant common denominator over-riding last week's win.

We are highly consistent at being inconsistent in our workrate and performance. I learn that anything can happen, which, essentially, isn't good enough. I want that week in/week out. Richmond game only demonstrated to us that we CAN play, so really, that just makes it worse. 

Other than giving our young blokes valuable finals experience the only other reason I'd want it is it's Essendon spot we're  taking.

Reply #31
Have been too angry to turn on my computer till now.

We wont get elevated anyway because knowing us, Norf will beat Collingwood and we will get smashed by Port. Problem solved no final
Eat more chooks

Reply #32
It would be sweet if we snuck in and took out the filth in an elimination final.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #33
The truth is ya takes whats ya can get.

If someone gifts us a final we'll take it.

If its against the Tigers we (the supporters) will be pumped harder than Hirdy's knob after a shot of the good stuff.

If we win that 25% of (CSC) people will start talking flag, make no mistake.

Do we deserve it? Probably not, but did we deserve to have our season derailed by a juiced up bunch of drug cheats last year? Hell no.

Did we get robbed in that semi final at Subi? Fck yeah.

So it's the rub of the green, but for me that's the biggest problem. We have not had one fcking, tiny little thing go our way in 10 years but it wouldn't matter anyway because even if we had we'd fck it up.

So that's my take. Don't deserve it, will take it, but we won't get it and if we did we'd fck it up anyway by losing to Port next week.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34
If we make finals then we cop the better teams twice next year dont we?....get a worse draft pick as well.....

Reply #35
If we make finals then we cop the better teams twice next year dont we?....get a worse draft pick as well.....

We lose next week, Brisbane beat the Dogs today and Geelong next week and problem solved. Hang on North beat Collingwood next week and problem solved. Hang on again, Eagles or Crows smash each other on the score board. Either will do and problem solved. Just might need to lose to Port by a decent margin first. :o
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #36
I don't post alot...but i really cant believe what i'm reading. i was there last night just as angry as any of us. people saying if we deserve to be there or not.. WHO freaking cares if we deserve to be there or not .  Thats stkilda or melbourne pussy mentality....

we are carlton stop being bitches .

"You miss 100% of the shots, you don't take "

We were under maned last night! And took on a decent playing list with its back hard up against the wall !

Reply #37
I don't post alot...but i really cant believe what i'm reading. i was there last night just as angry as any of us. people saying if we deserve to be there or not.. WHO freaking cares if we deserve to be there or not .  Thats stkilda or melbourne pussy mentality....

We were under maned last night! And took on a decent playing list with its back hard up against the wall !

Well said, and everything you say makes sense but you've got to expect people to be a little bit pissed after a loss like last night. I'm sure if we get in everyone will be 100% behind the boys.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #38

Well said, and everything you say makes sense but you've got to expect people to be a little bit pissed after a loss like last night. I'm sure if we get in everyone will be 100% behind the boys.

I have never been so angry after a game in my life.

Reply #39

+1. Still.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #40
It would be sweet if we snuck in and took out the filth in an elimination final.

Ha! Ha! Wouldn't that be a treat. I can't believe we would ever do it but it's nice to dream. If we go in by default, personally I would feel it was a shallow victory as we are not worthy. Think a few of the players would too and play accordingly. Would still go to the final hough. I'm a glutten for punishment.
By the way I think we will beat Port next week.

Reply #41

+1. Still.
Ive actually calmed down now and my blind rage has passed. I actually want to take the Cheating Scums spot in the finals now more than ever. Why? So I can rub their drug ridden faces right back into it and know that it will piss them off no end. Fark CheatsFC.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
On a positive note looks more and more likely that if we get in we will play ninthmond

OUR BITCHES      ;)
Eat more chooks

Reply #43

The difference between 8th and 9th in which teams you play twice probably isn't going to be all that great. We'd jump up a draft pick but Essendon will be stripped of their picks so we'd get the same pick as if we finished 9th. If we don't take a pick past round 4, then it should make no difference at all.

Reply #44

The difference between 8th and 9th in which teams you play twice probably isn't going to be all that great. We'd jump up a draft pick but Essendon will be stripped of their picks so we'd get the same pick as if we finished 9th. If we don't take a pick past round 4, then it should make no difference at all.

Good points LLT. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST