Skip to main content
Topic: Can we refuse a finals spot?  (Read 18297 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can we refuse a finals spot?

Reply #45
Like most of us, I'm still fuming and my belief in this club is shot.

I will suppoort them for life, but they will have to work hard to restore my faith in them. I feel totally hollow.

However, if the finals spot becomes available, I will accpet it happily as I believe that everyone of the Carlton faithful deserve something positive, even if we do get blown away, for the crap we have had to endure in the last decade.

I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #46
I don't post alot...but i really cant believe what i'm reading. i was there last night just as angry as any of us. people saying if we deserve to be there or not.. WHO freaking cares if we deserve to be there or not .  Thats stkilda or melbourne pussy mentality....

we are carlton stop being bitches .

"You miss 100% of the shots, you don't take "

We were under maned last night! And took on a decent playing list with its back hard up against the wall !

Well said, and everything you say makes sense but you've got to expect people to be a little bit pissed after a loss like last night. I'm sure if we get in everyone will be 100% behind the boys.

Absolutely, and I'm with you eddieg, despite this loss of all losses, I don't get (if the situation arises) why any team lower than us on the ladder "deserves" to get promoted to the 8 ahead of us ?  We're higher on the ladder, end of story.  Kangas have a had a heap of "brave/heartbreaking" losses...well guess what....so have we, and we beat them a couple of weeks ago.  Why the hell do they deserve a spot in our place ?

I'll take it, my oath I will.....especially if we play the Tigers in a first up final.

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #47
If we make finals then we cop the better teams twice next year dont we?....get a worse draft pick as well.....

No, not necessarily. We'll still play Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond twice.

Even when we made finals we still only got to play Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney and Geelong once.

Reply #48
The way to say No to a finals spot is to pick Davies, Collins, Mitchell, McCarthy etc and tank it...

Reply #49
The way to say No  a finals spot is to pick Davies, Collins, Mitchell, McCarthy etc and tank it...

;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #50
The way to say No to a finals spot is to pick Davies, Collins, Mitchell, McCarthy etc and tank it...

Can any of these guys kick a footy between the big posts ? It could come back to bite you Elwood.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #51

Can any of these guys kick a footy between the big posts ? It could come back to bite you Elwood.

Mants...If Luke Mitchell could get the footy ,kick six goals and show something vs Port  I would be happy to be bitten.
Ditto for McCarthy.....alas however I dont see it happening and we might fall into the eight only to be knocked out of it by Ninthmond and that
would complete our humiliation for the year. I'm not sure I want to see us end the season that way...

Reply #53
Anyone keen to give up our finals spot now?

I'm sure James Brayshaw would be happy to take your call.

Anyone?? Anyone???

Lol
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final