Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last! (Read 69606 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party? Blues come home in the last!

Reply #75
Murphy: 14 kicks 9 handballs 23 disposals 5 marks 5 tackles 3 goals 0 points. Pretty good for a guy on 1 leg (and who has been now for some time).

I thought he was fantastic in the last and clearly lifted the side but I don't think he was on one leg. I saw him burn alongside Garlett running at at full pace for about 50m in the second term for the handball receive and he didn't miss a stride. He's obviously carrying an injury but most players are at this stage of the year. He is just so dangerous around the goals.

Straight line OK, going sideways he has a big problem, nil direction changes.

Fair enough makes sense. Great leadership regardless.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #76

If you get to watch a replay you will see he turns like a titanic, relative to how he use to turn. Often when confronted he now ducks his head in situations that he would have previously just stepped around a few.

I reckon it is a hip!

The club claims it is a knee, but knees don't let you run like that!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77

If you get to watch a replay you will see he turns like a titanic, relative to how he use to turn. Often when confronted he now ducks his head in situations that he would have previously just stepped around a few.

I reckon it is a hip!
Trust me, I know for a fact its his knee.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #78

I reckon it is a hip!
Trust me, I know for a fact its his knee.

He must be playing with a partial medial tear then, because he accelerates fine as long as it is in the straight line.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
Amazing how much better we looked when Yarran went down back, even though he was relatively quiet in the last term, he sparked the revival in the third quarter. His run and creativity straightened us up and it seemed his confidence came back in a flash. Not even sure he was in defence as much as perhaps on a wing. One of the commentators mentioned he was playing on Cornes and working off him at the right times.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
Amazing how much better we looked when Yarran went down back, even though he was relatively quiet in the last term, he sparked the revival in the third quarter. His run and creativity straightened us up and it seemed his confidence came back in a flash.

I suppose he actually enjoys playing there occasionally, once or twice a season would be nice!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
Well, they made me eat my words.

Just keep the game plan simple MM, hard and fast thru the middle...and honour the leads by kicking out in front, not on top of heir heads.

Frustrating but good game boys... Showed some heart.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #82
Well ! If it was Micks fault we were behind almost all the game , I suppose it's his fault we won .  ;D
Yeap, for letting them not play his game plan.

Good to see some ticker in the second half. Lets not get delusional we lucked in to the finals and almost managed to stuff it up two weeks in a row.

Liked Murphs second half,

Bell was great crashing packs when it was needed. Yes his disposal still needs work but he nailed a crunch goal. Has promise.

Duigan was great knew exactly what he was playing for.

Simmo kept us in the game when everyone else was losing it.

Now to do it all again next week.  Looking forward to see who steps up in finals under Mick.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #83
I'm actually watching the lást qtr again, as I can't believe that was the same team who played the first 3!
 As I said though run harder for longer!
Well done boys, my heart pumping, but that's what it's all about.
I gave murph a serve last week , & today he stood up when he was needed - maybe there is a captain hiding there after all!

go BLUES!!

Reply #84
Normally stay away from the In Game thread but no coverage where I am at the moment so it became my lifeline.

Man, the emotion that courses through that forum is hilarious!

Obviously another typically enigmatic performance by the Blues. And now I can relax and watch Essendon "lose" or "not win".  Ah, things are looking up  ;D
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #86
What day do we play next week?

Reply #87

I reckon Saturday night assuming it's against Richmond. Pies will want a 7 day break.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88

I reckon Saturday night assuming it's against Richmond. Pies will want a 7 day break.

Strange.  I am hearing different things.  Drew Morphett said we could play tigers on a Sunday.   Bet then I am hearing Satuarday as well

Reply #89
A richmond fan at work said he got sent some information in the mail about finals tickets as it's been a while since they've been there and it said they were most likely going to play on Saturday.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!