Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 38226 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 6: Pre game premonitions: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
Daisy is underrated on these forums and I'd prefer he played ahead of someone like Gibbs.

At least daisy looks like he cares.
I've gone into bat for Daisy probably more than anyone....but even i wouldn't go that far. :P

I agree he is underrated by people around here.

Some were asking how Port were able to get so clear on the weekend. Simple answer is our players were either unable or unwilling (or both) to do the hard running to stay with them. Something Daisy excels at.

Reply #46
I don't see what Silvagni would offer the side. Our defense is the least of our worries. Plus, White is better at looking after his mates than Silvagni is and isn't any worse at the rest of it.

I think you can still rest macreadie.
Plowman+Marchbank+Rowe+White....with Weitering as an option is more than enough to fill our backline.

A.Silvagni (CoS) has more than once worked quite well as a forward for Freo.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
I don't think A. Silvagni is at the club with the serious intention of senior selection,  more to help provide a development environment in the VFL, which appears to be Army's main purpose in life also now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Weitering needs a rest because he's looked like a shot unit for since he copped that knock in the first round. The kids been battered around in a similar manner to Marc Murphy in his early years.

If wins aren't important...and they're obviously not despite comments to the contrary... rest them as required.

We'll reap the benefits in 2022 ::)
  I'd be inclined to give him a break. He needs to get his confidence back and niggles are not helping him. He has been quite reactive since he returned from injury last year. In the first few rounds of last year he was much more proactive, taking intercept marks and trusting his judgement a lot more.

As Lods recognized, he has been pounded as much as possible to keep him down. Opponents recognize him as a danger and try to minimize it by pounding a developing body..
In a couple of years it will be Weitering doing the pounding. I will prefer that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #49
I don't see what Silvagni would offer the side. Our defense is the least of our worries. Plus, White is better at looking after his mates than Silvagni is and isn't any worse at the rest of it.

I think you can still rest macreadie.
Plowman+Marchbank+Rowe+White....with Weitering as an option is more than enough to fill our backline.

I'd be resting Weitering... and McCreadie.....the former is banged up and struggling.....we need another mature player in the team. Silvagni is more of a general than White down back IMO.
I'd think about playing White down forward if the coach wont play Jones or Jaksch....

Reply #50
I'd be resting Weitering... and McCreadie.....the former is banged up and struggling.....we need another mature player in the team. Silvagni is more of a general than White down back IMO.
I'd think about playing White down forward if the coach wont play Jones or Jaksch....

100% agree EB1, we are on course to break both Cripps and Weitering, at the moment CoS would offer us more.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51

A Silvagni would need to be promoted to the senior list wouldn't he EB?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
Not an impossibility. Alex Silvagni needs a promotion, but Gorringe is out indefinitely. That seems a decent match.

I don't think any of our other rookies have been promoted yet, so that could easily happen.
Phillips was on LTI, but he is back now and the other injuries we have may last for a while, but they have not had anyone declared LTI yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #53
People argue against Daisy on a weekly basis. Guarantee if he played we don't lose by 90.
We'd still get done by plenty, but he runs both ways a lot harder than most of the blokes did last night

Most AFL fans don't understand the defensive aspects of the sport. In the NBA and NFL their fans understand defense is just as important as offense.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #54
We can't have Sam P-S, Poulson and Fisher in the same side in just their first season. They lack strength in the clinches. Given his lack of pre-season, maybe give Samo a rest. Fisher can also go out. Graham has to go in. I'd also play Cunningham. Weitering must do the job on Buddy and have a rest next week against the Pies. If Kreuzer isn't ready, then Phillips gets another gig...just.

Reply #55
We can't have Sam P-S, Poulson and Fisher in the same side in just their first season. They lack strength in the clinches. Given his lack of pre-season, maybe give Samo a rest. Fisher can also go out. Graham has to go in. I'd also play Cunningham. Weitering must do the job on Buddy and have a rest next week against the Pies. If Kreuzer isn't ready, then Phillips gets another gig...just.
Agree in part Jo Fo. Perhaps Murphy (knee) and Gibbs (broken thumb) will miss so Graham and Cunningham must come in however I would say they will go with Daisy ahead of one of them if he is right. Kreuzer for Phillips if he is ready. I reckon KJ and H did abit to put their hand up also, I think the coach is itching to get H in the side.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56
If Kreuzer isn't ready, then Phillips gets another gig...just.

I'd look at Jones.  Swans have a 'non name brand' ruckman and Jones put in for the NBs on Saturday.

Reply #57
"Perhaps Murphy (knee) and Gibbs (broken thumb) will miss"

Oh, they are those 2 'dudes' who played out the game last week and have been smashed in another thread!

Reply #58

Oh, they are those 2 'dudes' who played out the game last week and have been smashed in another thread!

You are supposed to whisper that, lots of people do not want to hear the facts!  ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59

Murph and Gibbs have been criticized almost from day 1 in various quarters. The other thread is something that seems very fitting in the post-Trump era.